My very exciting quarantine three-round mock complete with screen caps

T0mShane

Love the effort and love the picks but give it a rest already. Jamal Adams is not being traded to Dallas "for the 17th overnight pick" as JD has already told and given Jerry Jones an absolute no while rejecting his trade offerings of a 1st and a 3rd. 

Not happening buddy. 

And all reports (out of Dallas) have it that JD would only accept a trade for Jamal Adams to Dallas if package included not only two 1st round picks but also a 4th round pick too (because that's his worth throughout JD's eyes). 

Nice mock though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Love the effort and love the picks but give it a rest already. Jamal Adams is not being traded to Dallas "for the 17th overnight pick" as JD has already told and given Jerry Jones an absolute no while rejecting his trade offerings of a 1st and a 3rd. 

Not happening buddy. 

And all reports (out of Dallas) have it that JD would only accept a trade for Jamal Adams to Dallas if package included not only two 1st round picks but also a 4th round pick too (because that's his worth throughout JD's eyes). 

Nice mock though. 

Would you be happy with 2 1st round picks and a 4th for Jamal Adams?  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

We’ve got Tom on the Jalen Hurts train.

Who plays safety next to Maye?

Still don’t think they take an interior OL particularly early but I buy in to some of that. I think RB and QB way earlier than fans want is firmly in play.

No trades mock - Thomas, Shenault, Akers, Hurts, Derrek Tuszka, Harrison Hand, Darnell Mooney, and Josh Metellus. Only one offensive lineman. No WR double dip day two. Heads explode.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So we trade Adams for Mims and Jalen Hurts? No thanks 

It's absolutely pathetic. 

Unless it's two 1st round picks + another 4th round pick JD won't even entertain the idea of a trade so it's pointless to talk about unless you're referring to a K. Mack type of blockbuster trade...

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Would you be happy with 2 1st round picks and a 4th for Jamal Adams?  

Nope. I've seen enough 1st round busts and 4th round jags over the years and not enough Pro-Bowl studs and 1st-team All-Pro selection(s) and know enough to know that a future HOF player is worth way more than "2 picks" especially for our locker room culture as an awesome leader of men come Sundays. 

I do not want to trade him @ all. For nothing. 

I want to see both Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams lead (together) and win (together).

Franchise hopeful and Franchise QB = Check.

Franchise Cornerstone Defensive Animal = Check. 

Why would I trade Jamal Adams?

Only for me to see his replacements  become booed x2? 

lol. No thank you..

Did what Carolina did (despite his career losing record and 5-11 season last year) and lock up our All-Pro long term. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, derp said:

You’re right. Completely irrelevant. My bad.

If you found that answer inadequate, then simply pick one of these readily available options:

• Reshad Jones
  • Tony Jefferson
  • Eric Reid
  • Morgan Burnett
  • Clayton Geathers
  • Tavon Wilson
  • Antoine Bethea
  • Michael Thomas
  • Rontez Miles
  • Jahleel Addae
  • Darian Stewart
  • Walt Aikens
  • Tedric Thompson
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, derp said:

We’ve got Tom on the Jalen Hurts train.

Who plays safety next to Maye?

Still don’t think they take an interior OL particularly early but I buy in to some of that. I think RB and QB way earlier than fans want is firmly in play.

No trades mock - Thomas, Shenault, Akers, Hurts, Derrek Tuszka, Harrison Hand, Darnell Mooney, and Josh Metellus. Only one offensive lineman. No WR double dip day two. Heads explode.

I know I rip on Adams too much, but I feel like you can find or draft a capable replacement for him fairly easily. Even if you don’t get the splash plays, you can still find a guy who can make tackles and occasionally check an average TE. Reshad Jones and Tony Jefferson are still on the street, and there seems to be a pack of fairly athletic SS’s available throughout the draft. 

I agree with you about the QB situation. I can’t see Douglas and Gase leaving themselves exposed again this year if Darnold goes down. I don’t love Hurts as a future starter, but I think he can be an ideal backup and a promising developmental guy who can carry you for a few weeks. It’d also be nice to have an athletic QB on the roster to help simulate what teams are doing now with mobile QBs. Hurts checks a lot of boxes. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you found that answer inadequate, then simply pick one of these readily available options:

• Reshad Jones
  • Tony Jefferson
  • Eric Reid
  • Morgan Burnett
  • Clayton Geathers
  • Tavon Wilson
  • Antoine Bethea
  • Michael Thomas
  • Rontez Miles
  • Jahleel Addae
  • Darian Stewart
  • Walt Aikens
  • Tedric Thompson

Is Vonn Bell still on the street? I thought he was pretty good for New Orleans.

13 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Sorry but i dont like it. I think you left too many good players on the board after making that trade and you didn't pick a safety to replace Jamal Adams.

I do not like your hat I do not like it at all

Which players would you have preferred?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is Vonn Bell still on the street? I thought he was pretty good for New Orleans.

You thought wrong. 

He had a rating of only 64.6 last year compared to Jamal Adams 87.9 (according to PFF). 

87.9 is an awesome grade Mack was graded at 86.2 and Mahomes at 84,1 etc, etc).

But 64.6 sucks and blows chunks; because he STINKS as a player lol @ your safety evaluation while trying to trade JA. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's absolutely pathetic. 

Unless it's two 1st round picks + another 4th round pick JD won't even entertain the idea of a trade so it's pointless to talk about unless you're referring to a K. Mack type of blockbuster trade...

Look, MAN. It’s going to go one way or the other. They’re either going to extend him this month or they’re going to trade him. I’m operating under the pretense that there’s a debate within the building over committing to Adams OR taking a pack of draft picks for him and moving forward that way, and I don’t think Douglas wants to be backed into a corner where he has to pay Jamal two years before he absolutely has to. THUS, I posited a bare-bones, reasonable deal for a guy who’s a fine strong safety, which means 61 tackles and a garbage time INT.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wirfs over Wills is awful IMO. I like Wirfs but Wills is a D1 starter at LT where Wirfs is a RT.

I really like the Pittman Jr. pick.

I don't like Jonah Jackson with Wanogho available but not terrible to add an interior road grader.

The QB pick is arse.

I think Wanogho has major health issues, no?