My very exciting quarantine three-round mock complete with screen caps

T0mShane

On 4/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, T0mShane said:

rade Adams to Cowboys for their first and third, obv. 

Loved every bit of it until you wasted a pick by grabbing Hurts when Love, Taylor and Anae were sitting right there. You build me up and you throw me down!  What's the deal with you man? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

can you please stop the ball washing of JAdams, we all know your opinion, don't need to hear it in every thread, please!

Don't include him in stupid (unrealistic) trade scenarios and don't talk down upon him with each and every thread; and I'll have nothing to comment on... Understood? K. Good...

Loading videoPS: "DWC AIRLINES"

Passengers you should please buckle up as it'll become a long flight on my  private owned N.Y Jet as I (continue to) talk up our former NFL ALL ROOKIE (2017 alumni), and current 2x NFL PRO BOWL STUD, 2x NFL All-PRO BEAST and the GREATEST JETS SAFETY OF ALL-TIME throughout his entire JETS CAREER while on his way (flight) to Canton, Ohio and into PRO FOOTBALLS HALL OF FAME and if not, you can always just simply STFU AND DEAL WITH IT...

"DWC AIRLINES"

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't include him in stupid (unrealistic) trade scenarios and don't talk down upon him with each and every thread; and I'll have nothing to comment on... Understood? K. Good...

Yea yea. Oh Adams sucks 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Loved every bit of it until you wanted a pick by grabbing Hurts when Love, Taylor and Anae were sitting right there. You build me up and you throw me down!  What's the deal with you man? 

So, here’s why I picked Hurts. If Darnold gets injured for a significant stretch again this year, Gase isn’t going to survive, especially if all he did to cover himself was re-sign David Fales. I think he, and Douglas, need to procure a viable insurance policy to cover their asses in the likely event that Darnold gets nicked, and also for the less likely event that Darnold doesn’t progress. I think Hurts is a tough, mobile, smart guy who brings a winning pedigree whom—at worst—helps the Jets prepare for the more mobile QBs they’re going to be facing, like Josh Allen, Lamar, etc. Bottom line is that I think #2 QB is a massive need on this team and will be needed at some point, and that position could be the difference between a decent season or an outright sh*tshow.

The other position I was going to draft in that spot was CB, but I just liked the idea of a QB more there, and there are a pack of CBs in Rds 4-7 that look pretty nifty. Levonta Taylor and such. I didn’t pick Anae or Darrell Taylor because neither of them can run, and the Jets staff thought Jordan Jenkins was a stiff on the EDGE. This is a bad year for OLBs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

can you please stop the ball washing of JAdams, we all know your opinion, don't need to hear it in every thread, please!

The only one ball washing is Jerry Jones who got declined by Joe Douglas while offering his FIRST ROUND PICK lol. 

The same Legendary Jerry Jones with an eye for elite talent and who's previously used his FIRST ROUND PICKS on...

Michael Irvin.

Troy Aikman.

Emmitt Smith.

Russell Maryland.

DeMarcus Ware.

Dez Bryant. 

Tyron Smith.

Travis Frederick. 

Zack Martin.

Ezekiel Elliott 

Is the same legendary owner who's willing to give up a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK FOR Jamal Adams due to his eye for talent (now go and wash my balls with THAT). 

AND THE SAME OWNER WHO'S PREVIOUSLY PAID $$$$ TO THE LIKES OF...

Emmitt Smith.

Larry Allen.

Troy Aikman.

Michael Irvin.

Deion Sanders.

Jason Witten.

Darren Woodson.

Bill Bates.

Mark Tuinei.

Russell Maryland. 

Charles Haley.

Nate Newton.

Jay Novacek.

Eric Williams.

Darryl moose Johnson.

Jim Jeffcoat.

Mark Stepnoski.

Flozel Adams. 

Herschel Walker.

Terrell Owens.

La'Roi Glover.

DeMarcus Ware.

Dez Bryant.

Tony Romo 

Is the same owner willing to not only give up multiple draft picks including his 1st round draft pick but also willing to $$$ pay Jamal Adams and make him rich for lifetimes. 

Go and take my balls out of your mouth and go and wash THAT. 

And you expect me to trust and believe in losing Jet fans (regarding #33) who've only witnessed a 0 Conference Championships, 4 Divisional Titles and 1 SB instead of and over  a Dallas Franchise with 33 Postseason Appearances, 23 Divisional Titles, 10 Conference Championships and 5 Super Bowl Trophy(s). ? ? ? ? ??

Are you guys on drugs or just absolutely clueless?

Do you even know what WINNING FOOTBALL LOOKS LIKE?

Because Jerry Jones does, but do you? Ha!

All 3 of Jerry Jones, Myself and Joe Douglas are all on the same page...

so when you laugh at me?

You're really only laughing at yourselves, Jerry Jones and Joe Douglas (while I laugh @ you)...

Now go and WASH THAT and take out my trash while you're at it (lol @ you). 

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Legend

T0mShane

your posts are that of one without a brain.

To include Jamal Adams in your mock trade was insane.

just reading through it gave my eyes a lot of pain.

and as a Jets fan T0mShane you should be ashamed.

next time use your brain and i have a question for you,

have you ever played the game?

Jamal Adams would've knocked you out of your frame. 

And then I'd have the right to consider you as having a DEAD BRAIN. 

#33 would run you over like Mike Alstott aka the A-Train!

You put the 0 into T0m and you just got smoked like Mary Jane!

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, T0mShane said:

So, here’s why I picked Hurts. If Darnold gets injured for a significant stretch again this year, Gase isn’t going to survive, especially if all he did to cover himself was re-sign David Fales. I think he, and Douglas, need to procure a viable insurance policy to cover their asses in the likely event that Darnold gets nicked, and also for the less likely event that Darnold doesn’t progress. I think Hurts is a tough, mobile, smart guy who brings a winning pedigree whom—at worst—helps the Jets prepare for the more mobile QBs they’re going to be facing, like Josh Allen, Lamar, etc. Bottom line is that I think #2 QB is a massive need on this team and will be needed at some point, and that position could be the difference between a decent season or an outright sh*tshow.

The other position I was going to draft in that spot was CB, but I just liked the idea of a QB more there, and there are a pack of CBs in Rds 4-7 that look pretty nifty. Levonta Taylor and such. I didn’t pick Anae or Darrell Taylor because neither of them can run, and the Jets staff thought Jordan Jenkins was a stiff on the EDGE. This is a bad year for OLBs.

Well, I can certainly appreciate the reasoning. At least there's deeper levels of thought there. It's neat to see that. I wasn't aware you could do that. :)

I get it though.  I would tend to lean toward picking from the deepest FA backup QB class of all time though and keep the draft resource for a kid at a mother position. I was just looking at Taylor the other day. Absolutely worth a look. Even now there are plenty of Reserve QB's out there that can be had to chump change. Stanton. Moore, Glennon, McCown, Bortles and Kessler Arte still out there. That's not to mention the Flaccos of the world.  Hell, Geno Smith is just sitting at home playing Xbox T0m. 

The other thing I'll say is that I have become a fan of the backup having there seem skillset as the starter. I prefer a guy runs the same offense over a completely different one when they come in. 

So anyway, good explanation. I get the thinking. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well, I can certainly appreciate the reasoning. At least there's deeper levels of thought there. It's neat to see that. I wasn't aware you could do that. :)

I get it though.  I would tend to lean toward picking from the deepest FA backup QB class of all time though and keep the draft resource for a kid at a mother position. I was just looking at Taylor the other day. Absolutely worth a look. Even now there are plenty of Reserve QB's out there that can be had to chump change. Stanton. Moore, Glennon, McCown, Bortles and Kessler Arte still out there. That's not to mention the Flaccos of the world.  Hell, Geno Smith is just sitting at home playing Xbox T0m. 

The other thing I'll say is that I have become a fan of the backup having there seem skillset as the starter. I prefer a guy runs the same offense over a completely different one when they come in. 

So anyway, good explanation. I get the thinking. 

Fair points. I’d love to see them bring in Matt Moore. Seems like a no-brainer

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Doesn't it though?  Unless Moore couldn't Stand Gase when they worked together that is. 

Moore defended Gase this year, actually. Said he was a genius, but comes off a bit kooky In the press or something like that.

here’s the quote:

“I enjoyed my time with Coach Gase,” Moore said. “I had some success with Coach Gase. I think he’s a great offensive mind. He might be a little different at the podium. He is who he is. That’s who he is. He’s there to coach ball, so I think anything else is like distracting him from coaching football. I don’t fault him for that. He loves the game. He’s a good offensive mind. I think he’ll be all right up there.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Moore defended Gase this year, actually. Said he was a genius, but comes off a bit kooky In the press or something like that.

here’s the quote:

“I enjoyed my time with Coach Gase,” Moore said. “I had some success with Coach Gase. I think he’s a great offensive mind. He might be a little different at the podium. He is who he is. That’s who he is. He’s there to coach ball, so I think anything else is like distracting him from coaching football. I don’t fault him for that. He loves the game. He’s a good offensive mind. I think he’ll be all right up there.”

Oh that's right. I remember that now.  

I always thought Moore was somewhat of an anomaly. A rare starter quality guy who was resigned to remain aback up.  A few years back he had some offers to be a starter in FA and resigned with the Dolphins. 
He's older now but I would be happy with signing him. 

Thaaaaaaanks T0m 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:45 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Is the same owner willing to not only give up multiple draft picks including his 1st round draft pick but also willing to $$$ pay Jamal Adams and make him rich for lifetimes. 

Go and take my balls out of your mouth and go and wash THAT. 

And you expect me to trust and believe in losing Jet fans (regarding #33) who've only witnessed a 0 Conference Championships, 4 Divisional Titles and 1 SB instead of and over  a Dallas Franchise with 33 Postseason Appearances, 23 Divisional Titles, 10 Conference Championships and 5 Super Bowl Trophy(s). ? ? ? ? ??

Are you guys on drugs or just absolutely clueless?

Do you even know what WINNING FOOTBALL LOOKS LIKE?

Because Jerry Jones does, but do you? Ha!

All 3 of Jerry Jones, Myself and Joe Douglas are all on the same page...

so when you laugh at me?

You're really only laughing at yourselves, Jerry Jones and Joe Douglas (while I laugh @ you)...

Now go and WASH THAT and take out my trash while you're at it (lol @ you). 

• Haha 1