CBS Sports Latest Mock - Jets Trade out of 1st Round

Given that all 4 OTs are gone by 11, I like the idea of a trade back.  Not sure I am thrilled with a 2nd trade back.  Would really need to know what the Jets received in return for moving back 2x.  Unless I am missing something, I do not see the potential return from the multiple trades on the CBS site.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Given that all 4 OTs are gone by 11, I like the idea of a trade back.  Not sure I am thrilled with a 2nd trade back.  Would really need to know what the Jets received in return for moving back 2x.  Unless I am missing something, I do not see the potential return from the multiple trades on the CBS site.

I’d imagine they’d end up with two firsts and three seconds in 2021 which seems silly considering it’s a big QB draft next year and those picks could end up being golden tickets.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I didn't either.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

The writer got what he wanted, clicks on his mock and people talking about him

They all know that if there's any fanbase that's going to get them noticed and the article clicks... it's the Jets. I think that's why a lot of media heads will poke at the Jets - we always react and get them noticed....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

With the understanding of how deep this draft is, I would love a move like this.

We need so much that trading back twice allows us to fill a lot of those position with young top 100 picks.

You can build a solid core with players like that.

Trading back:  Yes.

Trading out of the 1st:  No, unless we get an absolute haul.  Having 1st rounders is so important because of the 5th-year option.

We should be looking to end up with multiple first rounders, not zero first rounders.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We should be looking to end up with multiple first rounders, not zero first rounders.

This.

If the Vikings come calling, the conversation should start at their two first rounders -- 22 & 25.  And if we have to throw in one of our 3rd to make it work, so be it.  22, 25, 48 & 69 could add quite a bit of talent at positions of need in this draft.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The way the mock was presented, it was as if the jets didn’t even have a first round pick.  They were ignored in the mock, saying only they turn the 11 pick into a lot more picks.  

Just think....Macc would have turned 11 into half of the 4th rd.?

• Upvote 1

I'm a big fan of trading down and adding more picks. At #22, they're passing on Mims and Cleveland to move down a second time. Which would add to the frustration on day one (I could see some fresh clown paint on JD @Mogglez). Making moves like that, I'd hope that they got picks in the 2021 draft, and maybe positioned themselves to move back to the top of the second for Josh Jones or their favorite WR left. 

• Upvote 3

This.

If the Vikings come calling, the conversation should start at their two first rounders -- 22 & 25.  And if we have to throw in one of our 3rd to make it work, so be it.  22, 25, 48 & 69 could add quite a bit of talent at positions of need in this draft.

Agreed - I'm fine with moving back depending on how the chips fall but out of the first round completely is just not acceptable. 

Without knowing exactly what we are getting i cannot judge this.

I would not be dead set against it if we are flush with 2nd and 3rd rounders if all of the top ots are off the board at 11.

In a mock I did we trade down with the vikings but then trade back up to get a 2nd 1st round pick with Frisco.

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agree, the first trade back makes sense considering four OT's go top 10. 

The second one is puzzling; think Jones or Mims would make sense, but since we don't even know compensation... we can't even accurately judge. 

Vikings picks:

446505691_ScreenShot2020-04-14at10_12_22AM.png.afb407c7d4b7b73d3242f3c917452a0e.png

54460321_ScreenShot2020-04-14at10_12_12AM.thumb.png.d7d30f6e3d4538889ce737bbf63255a7.png

For the first trade, the Vikings give us 22 and 58. I think that's reasonably fair. Although the Jimmy Johnson chart is more top heavy, and therefore benefits the team trading down, over the cap says teams generally favor the Hill chart. 

https://overthecap.com/tag/draft-pick-values/

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

This is ridiculous.  If we do trade down I don’t want to drop any further than 15 

in a draft with so many options for OTs and wrs, why would a team that is so desperate for both, not want to pick in the first round at all?  it's not as if the jets are tanking for a qb next year.

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree, the first trade back makes sense considering four OT's go top 10. 

The second one is puzzling; think Jones or Mims would make sense, but since we don't even know compensation... we can't even accurately judge. 

Vikings picks:

446505691_ScreenShot2020-04-14at10_12_22AM.png.afb407c7d4b7b73d3242f3c917452a0e.png

54460321_ScreenShot2020-04-14at10_12_12AM.thumb.png.d7d30f6e3d4538889ce737bbf63255a7.png

For the first trade, the Vikings give us 22 and 58. I think that's reasonably fair. Although the Jimmy Johnson chart is more top heavy, and therefore benefits the team trading down, over the cap says teams generally favor the Hill chart. 

https://overthecap.com/tag/draft-pick-values/

No way 22 and 58 is enough, no way, no how.

I did a trade with the vikes and i did not ask for both their 1st but they had tp give up 22,58 a 3rd and a 4th.

49 minutes ago, msena88 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-trade-up-for-justin-herbert-jaguars-land-tua-tagovailoa/

This one is sure to get folks fired up, the Jets trading back twice and completely out of the first round. Is this guy insane??? Can anyone see the Jets not selecting at all in the first round?

Its funny cuz this guy is doing a 1 round mock so he actually doesn't mock anyone for the Jets. 

Yeah, if they traded completely out of the first but got a whole bunch of great prospects I MIGHT be on board. But just to say they trade out and have no explanation for they they end up with is uninspiring. 

I wouldn't mind the trade 

Viking Receive:

11, 191 and 211 Overall

Jets Recieve:

22, 58, 89 and 105 overall

Charger Recieve:

22 overall

Jets Recieve:

37, 71, 186 overall or 37 and 2021 2nd.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Trading out from 11th hauled 

37th, 58th, 71st,  89th, 105th

Add those with what we already have and we're talking 8 picks on day two.

2nd Round

37th

48th

58th

3rd Round

68th

71st

79th

89th

105th

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

and pass on the best WR in a great WR class, a genuine team need..

Insane. Will not happen.

I'd blow a head gasket before turning off my big screen television. 

Haven't drafted a 1st round WR since 2001 Santana Moss and before him Keyshawn Johnson 1996 (24 and 19 years ago).

I was 11 years old/16 years old and now 34 today. 

I'd quit on the draft trade out of the first lol.

Even when we had monster olines we still had sucky offenses due to QBs with no elite WR's. Tired of it by now.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

With the understanding of how deep this draft is, I would love a move like this.

We need so much that trading back twice allows us to fill a lot of those position with young top 100 picks.

You can build a solid core with players like that.

Then you must be thrilled that JD essentially traded back in FA to fill a lot of holes. This strategy is actually fatal for the Jets. They won't get a single starter for the offensive line -- just projects. It's idiotic.

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Then you must be thrilled that JD essentially traded back in FA to fill a lot of holes. This strategy is actually fatal for the Jets. They won't get a single starter for the offensive line -- just projects. It's idiotic.

exactly.  at least this is just a mock.

1 hour ago, msena88 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-trade-up-for-justin-herbert-jaguars-land-tua-tagovailoa/

This one is sure to get folks fired up, the Jets trading back twice and completely out of the first round. Is this guy insane??? Can anyone see the Jets not selecting at all in the first round?

I'd love the trade if the Jets could get both 1st round picks from the Vikings. 

for a top 11 pick and the opportunity to start the run on WR's the Jets should get their 22nd and 25th picks, even if they have to throw in a mid round pick. The Vikings are essentially getting a top 8 pick in this scenario given that 3 QB's went off the board. 

If the Jet dont walk away with both picks then it's a fail. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Typical cbs Garbage... Can't even do a mock draft right.