WTF happened to the Lounge?

56 minutes ago, Alk said:

This place is a ghost town.  I leave for a couple days and come back to this.  

Hey man, welcome back.

I think the Lounge was replaced by Facebook.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Jeeezus look what the cat dragged in.................

Just when you think 2020 couldnt get any worse.

I know right?  Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any worse...it totally gets better.  👍

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Welcome back, Alk. Love the way you've customised the sig with the Photobucket logo.

😂 I guess it's been more than a few days since I've been here.  Apparently Photobucket is no longer a thing.  Who knew? 

Edit:  I guess it is still a thing.  I just have to pay for the privilege of using my own pictures.  

Yeah, they Photobucket themselves in the foot a couple of years ago, decided to stop linking all the pictures unless you paid hundreds of dollars, then after losing about 90% of users, they backed down somewhat, and allowed linking, but with their stupid logo obscuring half the pic. 

You'd think that at some point some of these tech firms would realise that pissing off their customer base, just because they think they know better than the customers, doesn't actually work.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Yeah, they Photobucket themselves in the foot a couple of years ago, decided to stop linking all the pictures unless you paid hundreds of dollars, then after losing about 90% of users, they backed down somewhat, and allowed linking, but with their stupid logo obscuring half the pic. 

You'd think that at some point some of these tech firms would realise that pissing off their customer base, just because they think they know better than the customers, doesn't actually work.

Well it all worked out.  They still allow you to download your images at least and now apparently Max is advanced enough that you don't have to provide an actual link to an image.  You can just upload it straight from your computer.  I have some real classic photoshop pictures on that account.  🤣

Probably because back then we were all much younger or a little younger at least and much less serious lol I'm 34 today and a soon to be 9 y.o daughter. Back in 2008 I was 23 without a daughter and was getting picked on by grown 40 and 50 year old men. Those same guys are now 52 & 62 years and probably tired of picking on people lol or the younger Jet fans who gave me laughter were still in grade school and now much mature 12 years later finally hitting 30s with kids and wives of their own. 

People change. Times change. Time changes people and the people changed the Lounge, Bullsh*t forum and Hampur haha we had all that back then. Fun times thinking back I loved every moment of it. Lounge arguments would turn into revis favre and Sanchez arguments and would then turn into DWC being put in message board jail ahhhh the golden age of Jet fans. I once went to JI to tell Sooth to piss off created a thread to tell him shove his $$ section VIP access message board up his ass and he didn't like that gone 4ever and JN here I came young 20s prankster. I paid for his vip access and it was stupid I wanted my refund lol

Damn good to see you Alk you were always one of my favorites a real ball buster of a poster I used to want to punch you in your annoying avatar

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Probably because back then we were all much younger or a little younger at least and much less serious lol I'm 34 today and a soon to be 9 y.o daughter. Back in 2008 I was 23 without a daughter and was getting picked on by grown 40 and 50 year old men. Those same guys are now 52 & 62 years and probably tired of picking on people lol or the younger Jet fans who gave me laughter were still in grade school and now much mature 12 years later finally hitting 30s with kids and wives of their own. 

People change. Times change. Time changes people and the people changed the Lounge, Bullsh*t forum and Hampur haha we had all that back then. Fun times thinking back I loved every moment of it. Lounge arguments would turn into revis favre and Sanchez arguments and would then turn into DWC being put in message board jail ahhhh the golden age of Jet fans. I once went to JI to tell Sooth to piss off created a thread to tell him shove his $$ section VIP access message board up his ass and he didn't like that gone 4ever and JN here I came young 20s prankster. I paid for his vip access and it was stupid I wanted my refund lol

Damn good to see you Alk you were always one of my favorites a real ball buster of a poster I used to want to punch you in your annoying avatar

Yeah, I agree.  I was a bit of a dick back in the day.  I like to think that I have mellowed with age...or my kids just sucked all of the life out of me.  😂

1 hour ago, Alk said:

Yeah, I agree.  I was a bit of a dick back in the day.  I like to think that I have mellowed with age...or my kids just sucked all of the life out of me.  😂

Does your hot sister in law still post here?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Alk said:

We see how it is Alk, takes a fckin pandemic across the USA for you to take the time to come back and hangout with your old Jetnation pals lol.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

We see how it is Alk, takes a fckin pandemic across the USA for you to take the time to come back and hangout with your old Jetnation pals lol.

I don't know what you're talking about.  I had yesterday on my calendar for about 5 years.  😉

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Pix?

This might have been before your time. But Alk owned the Lounge and he posted some hysterical stories. I don't know if he wants them shared or not so I will leave it there for now.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This might have been before your time. But Alk owned the Lounge and he posted some hysterical stories. I don't know if he wants them shared or not so I will leave it there for now.

Don't think I remember Alk.  I will say that looking at the shot of Will Farrell pisses me off for some reason.  Not Alk, the photo.  lol

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Don't think I remember Alk.  I will say that looking at the shot of Will Farrell pisses me off for some reason.  Not Alk, the photo.  lol

He was here in the very beginning. 2005.  If we had a Wall of Fame Alk and PatsFanTx would both be on it. They would be the only two Patriots fans posters that made enough of an impact here to be inducted.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

He was here in the very beginning. 2005.  If we had a Wall of Fame Alk and PatsFanTx would both be on it. They would be the only two Patriots fans posters that made enough of an impact here to be inducted.

Thanks for the bit of history.  Tx was hysterical at times once he got riled.  Actually a pretty nice guy.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for the bit of history.  Tx was hysterical at times once he got riled.  Actually a pretty nice guy.

Yes, he has been much better under his new username.  Kidding, he isn't here these days.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just got out of the doghouse like last week.  We should probably let those rest.  😂

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I wish you could bring back PatsFanTx. 

It's only right within a Bradyless division while we've got Sam Darnold. 

PatsFanTx would implode over the next 10 years. 

I'd pay to see it.

lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 11:51 PM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Man, you're desperate for anything at this point. Fire up the PS2 and let's play some US Navy Seals. 

Oh man, that's a blast from the past.  My son was asking me the other day what my favorite video game of all time was.  I told him that one was definitely in the conversation.  

• Upvote 2