Fauci:No fans to have sports

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

MLB = Franchises no, commissioner yes. Manfred has the power to suspend contracts if government forces cancellation of games.

NFL = no such language.

Hey do you know this for sure? I am not doubting you but had a conversation about this today and looking it up was on my list for tonight. So hopefully you just saved me a few hours!  Thanks.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea they are starting to prep us all for the inevitable bad news. This guidance on sports knocks out the preseason for sure. 2020 season is not happening if I can read in between the lines. I’m going to go cry now 

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29038491/dr-anthony-fauci-promotes-single-site-fan-free-return-sports

They are not connected. NFL and other sports will be played and they will be played in empty stadiums. Fans in the stadium are NOT a requirement for NFL Football, baseball or golf.

6 minutes ago, Lil O said:

I really Would like to think that LIBERALS and conservatives and moderates All care about All Americans and all care about people dying, and will do the humane thing after reviewing ALL of the facts.  Really sucks that this is happening during an election year.  Politics has no place in dealing with a pandemic.

Damn I neg repped this when I say some political talk. Then I read the whole thing and agreed with you completely. Neg rep removed.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

So I have had season tickets forever. This year I bought two more seats. Why not, it sounded good. 

Stepping back and looking, semi objectively, at the money side now I am like wow. I think the seats are $127.50 each. Something like that so if you take that times it by four and over ten games it equals $5,100. RV parking is $125 per game so that is another $1,250. Let's say I spend $100 per week on gas tolls and food \ drink for the tailgate. That is pretty low actually but lets say that which would be another $1,200.

$5,100

$1,250

$1,200

Equals = $7,550

So, two things:

1. Damn I hope my wife doesn't read this

2. That just freed up a lot of money if this season gets put on ice. We will know soon, the NFL says they are releasing the schedule within a few weeks. There are a few projects around the house that I was going to do. Might have to outsource some of this work and spend the savings that way. Can't go on vacation with it.  :)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It's really sad how politically polarized/divided our country is. 

There should be very little political acrimony during a pandemic and solidarity should be at an all-time high. But, because so much of the country basically belongs to one of two big gangs, we can't help but turn everything into us vs. them. 

When I was a kid, my parents never talked about politics on a daily basis. Now, we are essentially consumed by it. It's just sad and seems to be incredibly unhealthy. 

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE  _______________...... just kidding. I agree.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

They are not connected. NFL and other sports will be played and they will be played in empty stadiums. Fans in the stadium are NOT a requirement for NFL Football, baseball or golf.

Hell I'd watch soccer at this point

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NOPE

For the record, over the course of the past 4-8-10 years, I paid NO attention to politics (graduating from Villanova in 2007 with an international law, international relations, political science + spanish degree) until the past 6 weeks.  Literally. Truthfully.  I turned it off and tuned it out.  You're not asking but: I am 100% independent and I have friends and family and spouses on every side and crack and crevice of the spectrum.  The beauty of being educated in politics is the ability to see the "forest through the trees".  HOWEVER, after watching this unfold over the past 6 weeks, I've seen FIRST HAND what everyone has been saying for the past 4 years...I experienced it myself...and it was scary.

Full transparency.

Honest.

Frank.

I don't have a side.  My side is: anti-idiot.  So, this isn't political...this is logical.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Those might not be the only two locations for the NFL, but something like that will likely be in the works shortly

You also have Vegas and parts of Texas like El Paso that have college stadiums and are hot through November 

5 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21.

Fauci can kiss my ass. After making statements like the above he also was one of two experts, the other being Brix, that predicted 2.2 million deaths.

The season should go on and each fan should be able to make the personal decision whether to attend, watch on TV or sit in their homes and watch reruns of F Troop. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

For the record I have season tickets.  I’m in section 135, row 14 and lately I’ve only been able to see two games in the past three years because of work and life. So believe me I really really really want there to be a season this year. But not at the expense of peoples’ lives.  I will be 51 in two weeks.  I have experienced a Ton of Life.  But not like this.  
this is new for everyone and the fact that we don’t have a vaccine yet just proves that no one really knows what the F is going on. Will be a balance between capitalism and concern for human life. And I’m not an idiot and don’t live under a rock. I own a two bedroom apartment in Manhattan and understand money and how important the economy is.  But this is serious.  And it IS going to happen again....and again....AND AGAIN....I mean Pandemics.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Fauci can kiss my ass. After making statements like the above he also was one of two experts, the other being Brix, that predicted 2.2 million deaths.

The season should go on and each fan should be able to make the personal decision whether to attend, watch on TV or sit in their homes and watch reruns of F Troop. 

5B7F72F9-03CB-46AC-9E10-AB76CFC74423.jpeg.cb0ddc3743cf7445d7e70c03e6270100.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hey even if they play in empty stadiums that’d still be pretty cool

Not like we have home field advantage anyway. Crowd noise is not the same at MetLife. 

Incoming comment about eating stale pretzels in my mom’s basement. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I have had season tickets forever. This year I bought two more seats. Why not, it sounded good. 

Stepping back and looking, semi objectively, at the money side now I am like wow. I think the seats are $127.50 each. Something like that so if you take that times it by four and over ten games it equals $5,100. RV parking is $125 per game so that is another $1,250. Let's say I spend $100 per week on gas tolls and food \ drink for the tailgate. That is pretty low actually but lets say that which would be another $1,200.

$5,100

$1,250

$1,200

Equals = $7,550

So, two things:

1. Damn I hope my wife doesn't read this

2. That just freed up a lot of money if this season gets put on ice. We will know soon, the NFL says they are releasing the schedule within a few weeks. There are a few projects around the house that I was going to do. Might have to outsource some of this work and spend the savings that way. Can't go on vacation with it.  :)

Yup, season tickets are real money.  And after all these decades of dedication it would be just our luck to have a Super Bowl season in which we couldn’t attend any games and our players were quarantined after the final whistle. 

On a positive note, a 2020 season cancellation would guarantee that Tom Brady’s last NFL pass was a pick-six and that he knew he wasn’t wanted by the Patriots.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Not like we have home field advantage anyway. Crowd noise is not the same at MetLife. 

Incoming comment about eating stale pretzels in my mom’s basement. 

Jets fans make a ton of noise. If you’re not happy, show up instead of watching TV while eating stale pretzels in your mom’s basement. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Did you bother to read the article? 

He never says there will be no sports in LA. He doesn't even say that there CANNOT be fans at games. This is the extent of what he said and CNN took out of context and many people fell for it.

"It's difficult to imagine us getting together in the thousands anytime soon, so I think we should be prepared for that this year," Garcetti told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room."

Let's see what happens when the deaths drop, other cities are welcoming back their sports teams and he's the one that won't let his citizens (the people that vote for him) have games. 

If we open things up and things go south each time then sure it's possible there are no games this year.. But we are a long way from that day.

And this is from the same mayor clarifying his statement that was taken out of context:

“I certainly would love to see some sports games and concerts later this year," he continued, "and whether that means those are athletes playing by themselves [without live spectators] or whether that can be potentially in person. "

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Half of the league has been whining about expanding the season by one game.  You think they'll all miraculously be on board with playing games  under the risk of death?  Never in a million years.

Risk of death???

There's very little to no risk of death with covid 19. It's older people and the immunocompromised that are at risk.

Players want to make money. The don't play, they don't get paid.

It's time to restart the economy and take a more targeted approach to the quarantine. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey do you know this for sure? I am not doubting you but had a conversation about this today and looking it up was on my list for tonight. So hopefully you just saved me a few hours!  Thanks.

Yes. However it’s worth noting that like many businesses and organizations, the NFL relies on revenue to pay players, so nobody knows for sure how this is going to go down if the NFL tries to suspend salaries. The institutional and legal dynamics of anti-trust protected sports leagues throws a whole other matzah ball into the whole thing. It’s not as simple as either the language is there or it isn’t.

That will be $694.95

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Those big death projections were for two reasons:

1-scare the public to stay home

2- help Trump come out when this is all done and say his actions helped save hundreds of thousands of lives. That's why Trump himself realized it was smart to let those numbers out during his daily press conferences.

To be honest, it was a smart move.

1 - Recent reports confirm that the virus came from the level 4 bio lab in Wuhan that was studying the bat virus.

2 - China and it's puppet organization WHO claimed there was no person to person transmission.

3 - China restricted all travel from the Wuhan province to other parts of China *WHILE* allowing unrestricted travel from Wuhan to the rest of the world. That is a *FACT*.

4 - I'm out of any further #WuhanCoronaVirus discussion.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, southtown24th said:

used to love wendy's.  that place has gone way downhill.  no longer catering to my "demographic", if ya catch my drift.  go to chick fil a, instead.

You must love SALT. Obviously you didn't take a nutrition class along with all of those other horn tooting classes. 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans make a ton of noise. If you’re not happy, show up instead of watching TV while eating stale pretzels in your mom’s basement. 

SAR I

LOLOL I show up! I’ve been attending 5-7 games every year for the past 15 years and not once did I ever entertain the thought of becoming a season ticket holder. 

• Upvote 1