Football Outsiders: 2019 Jets were the second most injured team they have found

They also best 3 teams with a winning record that still had something to play for that I recall? Dallas, Pittsburgh, Oakland??

Anyway, there were a few silver linings that I saw last season. It's when you are looking at the team like this that makes me think with an overhauled OL the Jets could make the playoffs?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

They also best 3 teams with a winning record that still had something to play for that I recall? Dallas, Pittsburgh, Oakland??

Anyway, there were a few silver linings that I saw last season. It's when you are looking at the team like this that makes me think with an overhauled OL the Jets could make the playoffs?

None of those teams finished with a winning record. 

35 minutes ago, maury77 said:

And yet, for all of that comedy, and all their injury struggles, the Jets finished with a respectable 7-9 record. That includes -- and I never would have guessed this if I hadn't looked it up -- a winning record in games started by Sam Darnold. Now, there was a lot of good fortune in those seven wins. The Jets went 5-1 in one-score games,

This is a circuitous way of saying that Gase did a good job last year.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Hope, been a Laker fan when they were still in Minny , Bama fan since 1963 and a Jets fan since Namath went there.

I can respect that.  LA claiming those Minnesota titles was absolute BS.  They didn't win them in LA.  And only gave a crap about them when the franchise wasn't winning anything.  Just another reason to hate the Lakers.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I can respect that.  LA claiming those Minnesota titles was absolute BS.  They didn't win them in LA.  And only gave a crap about them when the franchise wasn't winning anything.  Just another reason to hate the Lakers.

????   They were the Minneapolis LAKERS. When they moved to LA they were the LA LAKERS. Same franchise. Just like the Dodgers claim any titles they won while in Brooklyn or the SF Giants while they were in NY. Same FRANCHISE.

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Hope, been a Laker fan when they were still in Minny , Bama fan since 1963 and a Jets fan since Namath went there.

Thai Jet.  LA claims the Minnesota titles but hasn't retired George Mikan's jersey.  They claim the titles but don't even honor the guy that got them those titles.  What's confusing about that?  Seem a little deceitful to claim franchise glory and then totally ignore the key legacy of a franchise player just because he never played a day in LA.  You say you've been with them since Minnesota.  Doesn't that bug you?

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Thai Jet.  LA claims the Minnesota titles but hasn't retired George Mikan's jersey.  They claim the titles but don't even honor the guy that got them those titles.  What's confusing about that?  Seem a little deceitful to claim franchise glory and then totally ignore the key legacy of a franchise player just because he never played a day in LA.  You say you've been with them since Minnesota.  Doesn't that bug you?

Errr not in the least. Never thought about it till you mentioned it. Just figured you hate the Lakers because of their success over the decades. Love the Haters.

So, with all this thinking that the Jets were going to fix strength and conditioning this off season to avoid this, and how Quinnen and Edoga were going to spend a year in an NFL strength training system, how do you think this quarantine mess has effected that?

I saw a video of Avery Williamson working out in his apartment building hallway.  

I am not optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Errr not in the least. Never thought about it till you mentioned it. Just figured you hate the Lakers because of their success over the decades. Love the Haters.

Yeah.  I hate the Lakers.  Of course.  But only for valid reasons.  Hating them for being good.  No.  That's dumb.  Hating them for basically pressuring New Orleans into a trade through Lebron's agent Rich Paul that exposed how vulnerable small market franchises are and got Del Demps fired.  Yeah.  That's a good reason.  Hate their fans for being a bunch of self entitled douches who inflate any historical facet of the franchise into this Shakespearean drama worthy of another terrible documentary?  Yeah.  But I respected Kobe.  And I respect Jerry West.  And I respect Magic.  Just don't respect anything else about them.