My Grades and research on the top 5 WRs

Tough to rate WR's. But at least you see them running around.  I still don't know how experts can rate Offensive linemen. i just see big guys blocking and grinding against each other in the trenches. Out of the thousands of college offensive linemen, how do 4 guys stand out?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Nice job.  I am going to have to disagree on CeeDee, he is slow off the break and like you said he will round out his routes and will not win with his speed.  That being said I do not dislike him but he is not on top of my list.  Mines is Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Higgins, and Jefferson.  My thought is that the Jets need to get their starting left tackle with their first pick because after the top 4 guys like Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, and Austin Jackson are projects that need some time and starting them off the bat would be very risky.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Good read. The question is, how many of these guys go in the 1st round?

The past couple of years, only about 2-3 receivers get picked in the 1st round. As Bucky Brooks said, you can wait until the 2nd and 3rd rounds to get your wr's (referring to AJ Brown and Deebo Samuels).

I think Jeudy Lamb Ruggs Jefferson Mims and Reagor will all go round one. PHI DEN GB SF OAK JAX MIN and ourselves  all have pressing needs at WR and some other teams could go there like Tenn/NE as well. Really going to be interesting 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

There doesn't seem to be much love for Tee Higgins.  I think he has similar skill set to AJ Green.  If he is there at 48 I wouldn't hesitate.  

I think his decision not to run at the combine has hurt him a bit.  There are legit questions about his speed and ability to separate.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

At least the flight cap and goggles were on the back of the chair though your scouting cred goes down for not wearing them again.

Good list, I think Mims has moved into this group. 

The guy I do not want is Ruggs out of that group.

Haha I'll have it on during the draft ?. I'm working on the 6-10 WRs now, I really like Mims, Shenault and Pittman. 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:33 AM, JoePNYJ1 said:

There doesn't seem to be much love for Tee Higgins.  I think he has similar skill set to AJ Green.  If he is there at 48 I wouldn't hesitate.  

I love Higgins and think hes a perfect fit. Not at 11 but in Rd 2 for sure, I think I'd move up for him if he started to slide and was there in the bottom of the first.  

On 4/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, JetBlue said:

I think his decision not to run at the combine has hurt him a bit.  There are legit questions about his speed and ability to separate.  

Probably due to injury. But you just have to watch the tape. He is a legitimate deep threat. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I love Higgins and think hes a perfect fit. Not at 11 but in Rd 2 for sure, I think I'd move up for him if he started to slide and was there in the bottom of the first.  

Probably due to injury. But you just have to watch the tape. He is a legitimate deep threat. 

If both are healthy and available, personally I prefer Shenault but that's just me.   

I’ve come around on Lamb a lot more lately.

The competitiveness and toughness standout.

His YAC and fighting for every inch are huge pluses. He’s a chain mover.

Then ultimately, I think a big advantage he has over Jeudy and Ruggs is he is a true red zone target. 

Can’t go wrong with Jeudy though. He’s an absolute route running freak.

But Lamb is probably the best all round receiver in this class.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’ll be the guy that says I don’t believe in Tee Higgins. The deeper I dig the more I don’t think he’s got enough juice. His pro day set off alarms and I’m biased on dudes that don’t separate well. 

Word is the Bills pushed to do the Diggs trade after being disappointed with Higgins pro day