Jump to content
Defense Wins Championships

Defense Wins Championship(s) 2020 Jet Nation Mock Draft (Building around Sam Darnold

Recommended Posts

I'm not a huge fan of Wilson. I think the Jets need a more athletic OT who can def. play LT at the NFL level. I know he had the injury but if Prince is there in Rd. 2 I take him over Wilson. 

Otherwise, kudos, this is a nice draft. CB isn't really addressed but whacha gonna do, we go WR and Oline heavy and get a great RB prospect so I'm ok with it.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

To each our own but I'm sorry I am not taking the 4th or 5th rated tackle over....

 #1 WR of this years draft class in Jerry Jeudy (The Headline of an All-Time Great 2020 WR Draft Class).

Sorry, it's not happening. 

Would you have selected the 4th or 5th rated OT... 

over either of Odell Beckham Jr. or Mike Evans of 2014?

I know I wouldn't have. 

This is 2014 all over again with Jeudy and CeeDee as can not miss prospects. 

If you would have selected the 4th or 5th (or even 3rd) rated Tackle over Mike Evans/Odell Beckham Jr. (2014) you'd deserved to be fired as an NFL GM.

I generally see what you're saying but context is key. Let me explain.

You mention that this draft is similar to 2014 and how Jerry Jeudy is the #1 receiver in this class and you compare him to guys like Odell and Evans. 

The problem is that in 2014 the #1 projected WR was Sammy Watkins. Everyone knows this. There are literally endless links showing who was the #1 projected WR of that draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2014WR.php

https://www.businessinsider.com/expert-nfl-mock-draft-2014-5?r=DE&IR=T#5-oakland-raiders--sammy-watkins-wide-receiver-5

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/05/06/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-khalil-mack-houston-texans

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/5/6/5678866/2014-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

We even have old posts from this site. 

 

Now imagine if the Jets decided not to draft #1 WR Sammy Watkins but instead decided to draft the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th best OT in the draft it would have looked like this. 

Jets pass on #1 WR Sammy Watkins- 0 pro bowls, 0 All-Pros

The Jets draft either...

3rd rated OT. Taylor Lewan- 3x pro bowler (1st round pick)

4th rated OT. Zack Martin- (converted to guard) 6x Pro Bowler, 4x 1st-team All-Pro, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (1st round pick)

5th rated OT. Morgan Moses- 5 year starter for the Redskins (3rd round pick)

6th rated OT. Joe Bitonio- (converted to guard) 2x Pro Bowler, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (2nd round pick). 

Source: https://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php

 

Now, imagine picking the #1 rated WR Sammy Watkins over Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin and Joe Bitonio...your 3rd, 4th and 6th rated OT's. 

Or imagine even drafting Sammy Watkins over 5th rated OT Morgan Moses. Moses being a guy who's not missed a game since his rookie season, starting all 16 games for 5 straight seasons, while Sammy Wakins ends up being an injury-prone player who's not played an entire 16 game season since his rookie season, let alone start all 16 games. 

Context is key

 

There wouldnt be a GM in this league that would be fired because they picked any of those OT's over Sammy Watkins. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Oh like there's a diff!!

True Romance scene. I'd post it but its a bit to controversial in this politically correct world we live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You forgot Carmen Basilio, Tony Canzoneri, Craig Biggio, Nino Benvenuti, the entire history of Italian soccer, Willie Pep, Tony Demarco, Yogi Berra, Tommy Lasorda, Alberto Tomba, Vito Antefuermo, Arturo Gatti, Frank Viola, John Franco (from my neighborhood) ... I'm going to stop here

Thanks for the lesson!

Hey man, don't kill the messenger as I'm not the one who claimed Italians aren't athletes and as an Italian/Irish American I thought it was pretty funny and laughed it off so hey don't kill the messenger, man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I'm not a huge fan of Wilson. I think the Jets need a more athletic OT who can def. play LT at the NFL level. I know he had the injury but if Prince is there in Rd. 2 I take him over Wilson. 

Otherwise, kudos, this is a nice draft. CB isn't really addressed but whacha gonna do, we go WR and Oline heavy and get a great RB prospect so I'm ok with it.   

Shane's concern about Wilson's agility is fair, but that kind of size and strength doesn't take a day off. The JUmbo Eilliott-sized people don't come around often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I can list you All-Time Great 1st Round WR's who weren't fantasy WR's but All-Time Legendary HOF Greats who provided their QB's with excellent weapons and pass catching options. 

Let me ask you this. When we had GREAT O-Lineman during Pennington's years and GREAT O-Lineman during Mark Sanchez years, why did our offenses always suck who couldn't move the ball outside of Curtis Martin and Thomas Jones?

Well.

Um.

Say hello to 1996 Keyshawn and 2001 Santana Moss 24 and 19 years ago as the LAST TIME WE'VE DRAFTED A 1st Round WR and guess what?

Sam Darnold deserves way more. 

And in closing stop acting like a former O-Lineman himself MUST draft 1st round O-Lineman in order to rebuild his O-Line;

why in the pigs flying would we ever make a big deal about Joe Douglas being a "former O-Lineman himself" to begin with?

if he can't scout awesome O-Lineman within the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds? HAHAHAH!

Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb is what Sam Darnold NEEDS 1st round while Joe Douglas uses his expertise and DOES HIS JOB of finding 2nd, 3rd and 4th round O-Lineman etc. 

Great O line with Chad = Horrid offenses. . 

Great O line for Sanchez = Crap offenses. 

Haven't drafted WR's in 1st round since 1996 and 2001 is saying hello (to you) right now... 24 and 19 years lol

I disagree, and I hope you're cool with it when they take an OT.  Because even though I don't want Joe D to go the fantasy football route, I'd be elated with Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs as Darnold's new top target.  Just not looking forward to watching George Fant block for him.

 

Edited by AFJF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice xmas list... ditch Akers though

Hodgins is one of those guys that will be held in higher regard by NFL teams. He'll come off in the 3rd round I'd wager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, legends of the fall said:

I generally see what you're saying, but context is key. Let me explain.

You mention that this draft is similar to 2014 and how Jerry Jeudy is the #1 receiver in this class and you compare him to guys like Odell and Evans. 

The problem is that in 2014 the #1 projected WR was Sammy Watkins. Everyone knows this. There are literally endless links showing who was the #1 projected WR of that draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2014WR.php

https://www.businessinsider.com/expert-nfl-mock-draft-2014-5?r=DE&IR=T#5-oakland-raiders--sammy-watkins-wide-receiver-5

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/05/06/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-khalil-mack-houston-texans

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/5/6/5678866/2014-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

We even have old posts from this site. 

 

Now imagine if the Jets decided not to draft #1 WR Sammy Watkins but instead decided to draft the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th best OT in the draft it would have looked like this. 

Jets pass #1 WR Sammy Watkins- 0 pro bowls 0 All-Pro

3rd rated OT. Taylor Lewan- 3x pro bowler (1st round pick)

4th rated OT. Zack Martin- (converted to guard) 6x Pro Bowler, 4x 1st-team All-Pro, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (1st round pick)

5th rated OT. Morgan Moses- 5 year starter for the Redskins (3rd round pick)

6th rated OT. Joe Bitonio- (converted to guard) 2x Pro Bowler, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (2nd round pick). 

Source: https://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php

 

Now, imagine picking the #1 rated Sammy Watkins over Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin and Joe Bitonio...your 3rd, 4th and 6th rated OT's. 

Or imagine even drafting Sammy Watkins over Morgan Moses. Moses being a guy who's not missed a game since his rookie season, starting all 16 games for 5 straight seasons, while Sammy Wakins ends up being an injury-prone player who's not played an entire 16 game season since his rookie season, let alone start all 16 games. 

Context is key

 

There wouldnt be a GM in this league that would be fired because they picked any of those OT's over Sammy Watkins 

I know all about that draft class. 

We all did.

We all knew just how SPECIAL that 2014 draft class was while heading into it.

even more importantly for our craved fan base that was begging for an ELITE OFFENSIVE PLAY MAKER @ WR RD #1

And I'm still apart of that same crazed fan base.

and would you really like to know why man?

I want Jerry Jeudy because he is one of my top 3-5 All-Time NCAA greatest route runners that I've ever seen over the past 25 years I've never ONCE done a mock draft in all my years but I've done so for Jeudy we're talking Peyton Manning to Marvin Harrison Sam Darnold to Jerry Jeudy here people

Jeudy didn't dominate CeeDee's division - Jeudy literally dominated and destroyed the entire S.E.C!  

He's the Jamal Adams of WR's they don't run in straight lines 40 yards at a time but boy do they play FAST on the football field he can't be guarded he lines up on the outside, the slots and can be used on WR screens and plays like an ALABAMA DOGGGG.

1996. Keyshawn my favorite Johnson. 

2001. Santa Mr watch me work the sidelines before I return a punt on your ass Moss to then leave and become a Redskins legend.

"19 years later the NY Jets Offense still can not FLY HIGH and still can not throw to anyone and still can't throw to a stud WR on the outside and still stuck in the 1980's despite a having been playing within an NFL PASSING LEAGUE with SUPERSTAR WR's who SCORED THE TOUCHDOWNS and the reason why Jet fans wanted to run an awesome Robby Anderson out of town "MORE #1 WR'S ROBBY IS A TWO AND MORE O-LINE"

That's all we've been dude. Take those links elsewhere. Jerry's route running greatness has more links that I could quote than anyone just off route running and nothing else too. 

Great O-Lines never won us a SB 1968 and we've had LEGENDARY JET ones ever since and those amazing O-Lineman didn't exactly keep Chad Pennington and Sanchez and others from getting injured or keeping them healthy, did they.

Don't talk down on 2014's WR class to provide a point for me. 

I was so happy.

Jets on clock.

Pick 18.

2014. 

1st Round. 

I told my brother.

Watkins long gone.

Brandon Cooks is a Jet baby. Hight 5. I was stoked. 

We drafted a safety, dude.

Calvin Pryor.

The Louisville Slugger?

Dude was a football player with a Baseball nickname and we passed on Cooks instead of WR. Hello. 

"Hey here's an MLB baseball player for you NY Mets and his name is WideReceiver because he can catch but he sure can't hit".

The Jets would draft him over more than obvious great WRs...

We've ignored this position 1st round for too long please don't encourage it (to me at least). 

We passed on Brandon Cooks (another one I was begging for). 

And we knew it was an All-Time great one even before heading into it too.

If I had billions id buy the Jets and hire my favorite posters and we'd win a SB within 5 years flat. New Yorkers. We know these things. 

I have old threads I created of Sammy Watkins while @ Clemson my FSUs ACC division I loved him heading in. Loved em. Did you? 

And you know what?

He has nothing on Jerry Jeudy as a next level pure gifted route runner he's a natural runner like Rice and Harrison and footwork not even they could dream of it's Barry Sanders juke moves out of a receiver who plays on open space never seen it before. 

And all 3 of Watkins, Evans and Odell were highly regarded and all went within the first 12 picks Watkins (4) (7) (12) only 8 picks separated all 3 as only a matter of preference and opinion however all were destined for NFL Greatness just as Jeudy is. 

The cream of this year's crop is 1st round.

Jerry Jeudy is the S.E.C & NCAA cream of the 1st round crop.

Headline of a legendary WR class.

Yes. That's how good he really is

(I don't want another one - over him as they can wait until the 3rd or 4th rounds (that deep of a class and can then double dip).

And what are you even TALKING ABOUT MAAANNN

I don't know if you even Really follow the kids careers of who you '

"quote" LINKS OF while BANKING UP MY SUPPORT OF JEUDY

Because My boy outta Clemson ACC baby watched him vs my FSU Seminoles  Sammy Watkins who just helped Patrick Mahomes win a SB (the one everyone's praising Patrick for) as a starting outside NFL receiver who combined for 153 receptions, 2,459 receiving yards and 17 TD's 36 games for BUFFALO during his FIRST 3 YEARSSSSS

37 37 276 153 2459 16.1 17

My qb deserves that.

I don't know if yours does; BUT MINE DOES. 

Sam Darnold does

and I'd hate to see Jeudy drafted to Buffalo or anywhere else Pt. 2. 

Jerry Jeudy it is.

How can I send my post to Joe Douglas?

DON'T YOU DARE

MAKE IT 20 YEARS. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know all about that draft class. 

We all did.

We all knew just how SPECIAL that 2014 draft class was while heading into it.

even more importantly for our craved fan base that was begging for an ELITE OFFENSIVE PLAY MAKER @ WR RD #1

And I'm still apart of that same crazed fan base.

and would you really like to know why man?

I want Jerry Jeudy because he is one of my top 3-5 All-Time NCAA greatest route runners that I've ever seen over the past 25 years I've never ONCE done a mock draft in all my years but I've done so for Jeudy we're talking Peyton Manning to Marvin Harrison Sam Darnold to Jerry Jeudy here people

Jeudy didn't dominate CeeDee's division - Jeudy literally dominated and destroyed the entire S.E.C!  

He's the Jamal Adams of WR's they don't run in straight lines 40 yards at a time but boy do they play FAST on the football field he can't be guarded he lines up on the outside, the slots and can be used on WR screens and plays like an ALABAMA DOGGGG.

1996. Keyshawn my favorite Johnson. 

2001. Santa Mr watch me work the sidelines before I return a punt on your ass Moss to then leave and become a Redskins legend.

"19 years later the NY Jets Offense still can not FLY HIGH and still can not throw to anyone and still can't throw to a stud WR on the outside and still stuck in the 1980's despite a having been playing within an NFL PASSING LEAGUE with SUPERSTAR WR's who SCORED THE TOUCHDOWNS and the reason why Jet fans wanted to run an awesome Robby Anderson out of town "MORE #1 WR'S ROBBY IS A TWO AND MORE O-LINE"

That's all we've been dude. Take those links elsewhere. Jerry's route running greatness has more links that I could quote than anyone just off route running and nothing else too. 

Great O-Lines never won us a SB 1968 and we've had LEGENDARY JET ones ever since and those amazing O-Lineman didn't exactly keep Chad Pennington and Sanchez and others from getting injured or keeping them healthy, did they.

Don't talk down on 2014's WR class to provide a point for me. 

I was so happy.

Jets on clock.

Pick 18.

2014. 

1st Round. 

I told my brother.

Watkins long gone.

Brandon Cooks is a Jet baby. Hight 5. I was stoked. 

We drafted a safety, dude.

Calvin Pryor.

The Louisville Slugger?

Dude was a football player with a Baseball nickname and we passed on Cooks instead of WR. Hello. 

"Hey here's an MLB baseball player for you NY Mets and his name is WideReceiver because he can catch but he sure can't hit".

The Jets would draft him over more than obvious great WRs...

We've ignored this position 1st round for too long please don't encourage it (to me at least). 

We passed on Brandon Cooks (another one I was begging for). 

And we knew it was an All-Time great one even before heading into it too.

If I had billions id buy the Jets and hire my favorite posters and we'd win a SB within 5 years flat. New Yorkers. We know these things. 

I have old threads I created of Sammy Watkins while @ Clemson my FSUs ACC division I loved him heading in. Loved em. Did you? 

And you know what?

He has nothing on Jerry Jeudy as a next level pure gifted route runner he's a natural runner like Rice and Harrison and footwork not even they could dream of it's Barry Sanders juke moves out of a receiver who plays on open space never seen it before. 

And all 3 of Watkins, Evans and Odell were highly regarded and all went within the first 12 picks Watkins (4) (7) (12) only 8 picks separated all 3 as only a matter of preference and opinion however all were destined for NFL Greatness just as Jeudy is. 

The cream of this year's crop is 1st round.

Jerry Jeudy is the S.E.C & NCAA cream of the 1st round crop.

Headline of a legendary WR class.

Yes. That's how good he really is

(I don't want another one - over him as they can wait until the 3rd or 4th rounds (that deep of a class and can then double dip).

And what are you even TALKING ABOUT MAAANNN

I don't know if you even Really follow the kids careers of who you '

"quote" LINKS OF while BANKING UP MY SUPPORT OF JEUDY

Because My boy outta Clemson ACC baby watched him vs my FSU Seminoles  Sammy Watkins who just helped Patrick Mahomes win a SB (the one everyone's praising Patrick for) as a starting outside NFL receiver who combined for 153 receptions, 2,459 receiving yards and 17 TD's 36 games for BUFFALO during his FIRST 3 YEARSSSSS

37 37 276 153 2459 16.1 17

My qb deserves that.

I don't know if yours does; BUT MINE DOES. 

Sam Darnold does

and I'd hate to see Jeudy drafted to Buffalo or anywhere else Pt. 2. 

Jerry Jeudy it is.

How can I send my post to Joe Douglas?

DON'T YOU DARE

MAKE IT 20 YEARS. 

If the Jets drafted Jeudy at 11 I wouldnt have a problem with it as I also think that he's worthy of the 11th pick in the draft. 

My purpose was to add context to your comment regarding those 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th graded OT's. Just like the 2014 draft was stacked with talent at receiver and Oline, we can say the same with the 2020 draft. 

I read all of what you typed as your response only to see that you pretty much overlooked my point. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, legends of the fall said:

If the Jets drafted Jeudy at 11 I wouldnt have a problem with it as I also think that he's worthy of the 11th pick in the draft. 

My purpose was to add context to your comment regarding those 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th graded OT's. Just like the 2014 draft was stacked with talent at receiver and Oline, we can say the same with the 2020 draft. 

I read all of what you typed as your response only to see that you pretty much overlooked my point. 

I don’t know how you managed to read all of that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t know how you managed to read all of that.

I figured since he took to time to type it I should read it. 

It just became disappointing when I realized that he basically dismissed everything I said in an effort to double down on a point that generally was already understood given that many folks feel like Jeudy is the #1 WR in this draft class. 

I can type alot as well, but I atleast make sure to deal with the information that im responding to. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, legends of the fall said:

I figured since he took to time to type it I'd should read it. 

It just became disappointing when I realized that he basically dismissed everything I said in an effort to double down on a point that generally was already understood given that many folks feel like Jeudy is the #1 WR in this draft class. 

I can type alot as well, but I atleast make sure to deal with the information that im responding to. 

He’s a volume shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legends of the fall said:

I can type alot as well

Very true! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be realistic. When have the Jets ever hit on 2nd let alone 3rd 4th and 5th rounders lol don't Force feed my fabrication man. 

Still doesn't change the fact we haven't went WR RD1 19 years with offenses who have NO ONE TO THROW TO. 

Better grab Jeudy 1st round while we have the chance before I go from 16 2001 to 34 today 2010 and then to 53 2039 all while Darnold never had a dominant WR's behind a Sanchez led O-Line type with still no WRs to throw the football too. 

No thnx you. 

Joe Douglas is a former O Lineman himself right?  

Well then if he must draft O-Lineman Round one?

If he must wait for O-Line to fall into his lap?

Well then he must SUCK to be forced to pass on Jeudy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Theme of my reply: Medication, Medication, Medication, Medication, Medication and More Medication 

I do take my medication.

Two times per day.

Each and every single day.

And for the rest of my life.

Before I eat my breakfast (AM).

Before I eat my supper (PM).

In order to live.

In order to survive for my wife.

Who I met as just a Freshman in High School.

(Thankful everyday that my grandmother moved my entire family from Queens NYC to Saint Petersburg Florida (specifically).

I'll never forget. 

My 2nd day of High School in a new Florida school.

I laid my eyes on her for the first time.

Because she smiled at me while walking past my home room class.

A beautiful Eastern European girl from Latvia tall with blonde hair and blueish green eyes just smiled @ me and smelled so good.

Just a New York city street kid from the S.Side of Queens right and with no friends and within a southern redneck state (Florida). 

I Approached her with type of courage I never knew I had within me (15 years old).

I still remember being scared. Really scared. 

I offered to give her my phone number along with an ice cream and cookies.

She declined the cookies and ice cream (on a diet).

She said yes to my phone number.

(and from that day on I didn't even want to play sports anymore).

6 years later on my 21st birthday I got on my knees and proposed. 

She said no to my birthday of June 2nd. 

But said YES to July 4th in order to celebrate fireworks every year together (her idea, not mine).

She went from my first real GF (15),

To now my first and only wife 19 years later (34 as of today).

And still to this day the one and only mother to my one and only daughter Kloe (who's turning 9 in May and is a spitting identical imagine of her mommy and like her mom she speaks 3 languages ever since she started to speak English, Latvian and Russian. 

I live for my daughter. 

I wanted to name her Phyllis

(Philip and baby Phyllis)

She wanted Kloe.

Family vote =

1 for baby Phyllis,

and

17 for baby Kloe.

never have forgotten that number 17 as I lost our Families vote (some votes came in from Latvia and Queens). 

I've since called her my baby klow klow from the very first moment and very first time I ever got to hug and hold her.

She changed my life.

My wife changed who I was (you have no idea lol). 

My daughter changed who I am. 

My wife and daughter changed who I would become. 

Changed it all in one hug after one phone number. 

Never had a father figure in my life.

However the best mom of a mother a boy could ask for.

My daughter has shown me how to love as a father (guess I was always a natural). 

I take my medication not for myself.

But for my family who I fight for.

The only one's who were by my bedside. 

With IVs inside of my veins.

In order to pump water into my body.

I was a young 32 year old man. 

In a hospital. 

With my family right next to me.

I was scared. 

As I cried for the first time since my Grandmother died.

And cried as a man in front of them.

In front of my mom, older brother and two older sisters who raised me. 

In front of my wife who refused to cry to keep me strong and to not scare me (but I could tell she wanted to).

In front of my daughter who was only 5 she cried because she saw me cry and that made me stop crying and stopped asking God why. 

And he answered me (people to fight for as life is bigger than myself). 

Now I take medication. 

I drink water like a fish while I take my medication with no side effects whatsoever.

I'm thankful for my mediation. 

I have not had an Italian Pizza Pie in 3 years. 

I have not tasted a sip of anything outside of water for 3 years. 

I haven't had a sip of orange apple or grape juice or soda or iced teas or Kool Aids in 3 years. 

I haven't eaten a normal Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas dinner in 3 years. 

No more cheese burgers, friend chicken wings and chips and dip while me and my brother watch Jet football games since kids together.

I haven't had a regular birthday cake in 3 years.

Every day I look @ my wife my daughter.

Without saying anything to either one of them. 

And promise myself that I'll never let my wife see me in a box as I will be the one to stay strong for her as she's done for me.

And promise myself that my innocent daughter who doesn't know what death looks like will ever be without her poppa she calls me until I reach 100 and she's 74 (and we'll see one another soon shortly thereafter). 

Maybe you can learn something about medication throughout my writing words. 

Quote

Discussion started by DefenseWinsChampionships 

(Oct 24, 2017)

I have diabetes.

First and foremost i want everyone here on TGG to know, that I'm A-O.K.

Matter of fact i feel more healthy than I've maybe ever been.

Due to knowledge.

And I've recently learned that knowledge is power.

You see.

I was living with diabetes in my body for, the doctor's estimated, somewhere in between 8-10+ years.

And i was living with type two diabetes unaware.

With no knowledge.

The last time i went to an emergency room i was 15. Broke my wrist needed surgery etc from playing basketball fell wrong.

I'm 32 as of today.

That was 17 years ago.

Was never sick.

Always felt great.

And then something happened to me last month.

That I'd like to share.

Because it never happened to me before.

But it happened.

A little over a month ago i was with my lady & my daughter.

We were watching t.v.

My foot fell asleep.

My right foot.

I thought nothing of it.

30 minutes went by.

Still asleep.

Numb.

No feeling.

I thought it was weird.

Two hours go by and I start to get worried.

3 hours went by & my lady agreed that we needed to go to Bayfront Hospital.

I was now very nervous.

Foot still asleep.

So me and my family arrive at the hospital.

As soon as the doctors heard my story.

They immediately began blood work.

That's when i was diagnosed with diabetes.

I was scared. IV's in my arm.

Now waiting to see if type one or type two.

My foot was still asleep and stayed completely numb for 70+ hours.

To make it worse the nurse was telling me that i have neuropathy.

And may never re-gain feeling again due to nerve damage in my foot.

Nerve damage?

What is nerve damage?

I've only heard about #18 Peyton Manning ever having any type of nerve damage. 

How did I get nerve damage? 

In other words the feeling of my right foot was gone or numb forever.

I wanted to cry.

But my daughter was in room with us so i couldn't cry.

But I ended up crying anyway. 

I never even heard of the word neuropathy before that very moment.

What happened was.

My blood sugar became so high, 448.

When normal is like  80-110-120ish.

I was 448 blood sugar (walking dead man). 

And never knew.

So my foot went into like a diabetic shock and lost feeling/nerves damaged.

If your body ever doesn't feel right especially with tingling or numbness?

Don't even wait 3 hours, like i did.

Instead. Go immediately.

Can save our lives because knowledge is powerful.

I found out shortly thereafter that I'm type two.

Which means that I'll never need to take insulin shots (type one).

because with type two, like i have, i just have to check my blood sugar daily and take two oral pills per day one for breakfast and the other for dinner; which helps my blood sugar.

And I'm now doing great with normal blood sugar levels (everyday i check).

Thankfully after i left the hospital, after being home for two days my foot finally came alive.

I cried tears of joy.

My wife cried for me.

My daughter was so happy.

My foot came back to life as my blood sugar came back down.

And it's been amazing ever since.

That would have been too much for me to handle all at one time and out of nowhere.

I would not have been able to deal with having neuropathy.

Never been so thankful for a body part before.

i literally wake up the happiest man alive every a.m because i have 100% feeling in my right foot again (had forever humbled me as a person).. 

Long story short finding out i have diabetes saved my life.

My foot falling asleep is what saved me and made me go.

And for the past 3 weeks every morning i check my blood sugar and im down to 120-128.

That's awesome considering i was 448.

You see.

All i have to do is drink more water. No sugar. Nothing too high in carbs (turns to sugar) and exercise. I can still eat great foods like chicken unfried, steaks, pork chops etc. Now i eat salads in between.

I will continue to exercise and leave sugar alone for rest of my life and I'll be perfect.

I was never heavy in weight but now thinking back?

I wasn't eating right.

Sodas are bad for us.

Like. Really bad.

(worse than I ever knew or thought as no one in my family has ever had my disease before and thankfully I got my daughter tested and she's perfect healthy baby girl).  

White bread turns to sugar too.

A lot of stuff turns into sugar.

I've posted here since a teenager just wanted to share my story in order to emphasize the importance of eating well.

Water is more important than i ever realized too.

Water through my IVs brought my blood sugar back down without (insulin shots).

I was amazed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

AND THAT'S THE END OF MY LIFE STORY. 

You see. 

These are the reasons why I've only came here talk football among'st Jet fans. 

I've never dug deep. I never deep too deep. 

Or talk about people's families. 

Because you never know what bothers someone as a person. 

You never know what triggers them to get sad. 

So when people such as yourself mock the power of medication? 

Immediately puts my mind somewhere it doesn't want to be anymore.

After already having to be self reminded by the words of medicine and medication.

2x per day.

Every day,

Rest of my life. 

You think it feels good for a little genius 8 year old 3 language speaking prefect reading little girl to walk down isle 7 with me @ Publix and for me to look over and to see her looking at the back of different foods just so she can run it to me with stuff that's 7% grams of sugar or fewer and so excited @ the same time to help me shop for groceries? She reminds me of her mother in that regard and na it doesn't feel good when I sleep at night it makes me happy because I know and see how I can't never do no wrong in her eyes but breaks me just knowing that she even thinks about it as I don't even talk about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Jesus, Michael J. Fox really let himself go. 

OMG

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

die young GIF

Dandie, why do you "have it out for" DWC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, legends of the fall said:

We both know, Slats. 

You let me know if you plan for this to be your new moniker. I'll do what I need to do on my end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slats said:

You let me know if you plan for this to be your new moniker. I'll do what I need to do on my end. 

Well, I got about 20. 

But if you feel the need to swing your manhood around to prove a point to yourself, be my guest. 

It's nothing that I cant get around if I really feel like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legends of the fall said:

Well, I got about 20. 

But if you feel the need to swing your manhood around to prove a point to yourself, be my guest. 

It's nothing that I cant get around if I really feel like it. 

Lol, if you're gonna be a jerk about it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, legends of the fall said:

I generally see what you're saying but context is key. Let me explain.

You mention that this draft is similar to 2014 and how Jerry Jeudy is the #1 receiver in this class and you compare him to guys like Odell and Evans. 

The problem is that in 2014 the #1 projected WR was Sammy Watkins. Everyone knows this. There are literally endless links showing who was the #1 projected WR of that draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2014WR.php

https://www.businessinsider.com/expert-nfl-mock-draft-2014-5?r=DE&IR=T#5-oakland-raiders--sammy-watkins-wide-receiver-5

https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/05/06/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-khalil-mack-houston-texans

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/5/6/5678866/2014-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

We even have old posts from this site. 

 

Now imagine if the Jets decided not to draft #1 WR Sammy Watkins but instead decided to draft the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th best OT in the draft it would have looked like this. 

Jets pass on #1 WR Sammy Watkins- 0 pro bowls, 0 All-Pros

The Jets draft either...

3rd rated OT. Taylor Lewan- 3x pro bowler (1st round pick)

4th rated OT. Zack Martin- (converted to guard) 6x Pro Bowler, 4x 1st-team All-Pro, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (1st round pick)

5th rated OT. Morgan Moses- 5 year starter for the Redskins (3rd round pick)

6th rated OT. Joe Bitonio- (converted to guard) 2x Pro Bowler, 2x 2nd-team All-Pro (2nd round pick). 

Source: https://walterfootball.com/draft2014OT.php

 

Now, imagine picking the #1 rated WR Sammy Watkins over Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin and Joe Bitonio...your 3rd, 4th and 6th rated OT's. 

Or imagine even drafting Sammy Watkins over 5th rated OT Morgan Moses. Moses being a guy who's not missed a game since his rookie season, starting all 16 games for 5 straight seasons, while Sammy Wakins ends up being an injury-prone player who's not played an entire 16 game season since his rookie season, let alone start all 16 games. 

Context is key

 

There wouldnt be a GM in this league that would be fired because they picked any of those OT's over Sammy Watkins. 

What the hell?

leave me out of this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's if you believe WR is a premium position.  The 20 or so best receivers I've seen over the past 15-20 years don't have a single ring between them.

The best tackles (Pace, Ogden, Peters) all do.

QB, edge, CB, LT are the premium positions.

In this class, depending on who you listen to, there are 25-30 wide receivers who ware immediate starters.  At OT, there are six or seven.  If you pass on an OT in round 1, you're not getting a starter in round 2.  If you pass on receiver in rounds 1, 2 and 3, you still might get a starter in round 4 or 5.

My hope is that Douglas will address premium positions that are in short supply and then grab 2-3 receivers later on.

Could come away from the draft with 4-5 immediate new starters.

Julian Edelman and Tyreek Hill have won the last 2 super bowls.  WR is a premium, just look at how they get paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Julian Edelman and Tyreek Hill have won the last 2 super bowls.  WR is a premium, just look at how they get paid. 

True, but Edelman was a 7th round pick and Hill was a 5th rounder, so not the best examples to prove that, if your point is we must use the 11th pick on a WR.

Granted, Hill only dropped because of character concerns.  But he also hasn't exactly assuaged those concerns with his off-the-field behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's the beautiful thing about not only an NFL mock but the actual draft as well, is that we all like different players and all feel differently. 

But I will say this. Van Jefferson wasn't that as a homer it's the complete opposite as I'm FSU fan and never root for Gator players but this kid is going to become special man. 

Thats the thing, there are alot of wide receivers who are going to be special in this draft.  Have you seen Quez Watkins?  This kid looks like a poor mans Lamb with more speed... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

 

I do take my medication.

Two times per day.

Each and every single day.

And for the rest of my life.

Before I eat my breakfast (AM).

Before I eat my supper (PM).

In order to live.

In order to survive for my wife.

Who I met as just a Freshman in High School.

(Thankful everyday that my grandmother moved my entire family from Queens NYC to Saint Petersburg Florida (specifically).

I'll never forget. 

My 2nd day of High School in a new Florida school.

I laid my eyes on her for the first time.

Because she smiled at me while walking past my home room class.

A beautiful Eastern European girl from Latvia tall with blonde hair and blueish green eyes just smiled @ me and smelled so good.

Just a New York city street kid from the S.Side of Queens right and with no friends and within a southern redneck state (Florida). 

I Approached her with type of courage I never knew I had within me (15 years old).

I still remember being scared. Really scared. 

I offered to give her my phone number along with an ice cream and cookies.

She declined the cookies and ice cream (on a diet).

She said yes to my phone number.

(and from that day on I didn't even want to play sports anymore).

6 years later on my 21st birthday I got on my knees and proposed. 

She said no to my birthday of June 2nd. 

But said YES to July 4th in order to celebrate fireworks every year together (her idea, not mine).

She went from my first real GF (15),

To now my first and only wife 19 years later (34 as of today).

And still to this day the one and only mother to my one and only daughter Kloe (who's turning 9 in May and is a spitting identical imagine of her mommy and like her mom she speaks 3 languages ever since she started to speak English, Latvian and Russian. 

I live for my daughter. 

I wanted to name her Phyllis

(Philip and baby Phyllis)

She wanted Kloe.

Family vote =

1 for baby Phyllis,

and

17 for baby Kloe.

never have forgotten that number 17 as I lost our Families vote (some votes came in from Latvia and Queens). 

I've since called her my baby klow klow from the very first moment and very first time I ever got to hug and hold her.

She changed my life.

My wife changed who I was (you have no idea lol). 

My daughter changed who I am. 

My wife and daughter changed who I would become. 

Changed it all in one hug after one phone number. 

Never had a father figure in my life.

However the best mom of a mother a boy could ask for.

My daughter has shown me how to love as a father (guess I was always a natural). 

I take my medication not for myself.

But for my family who I fight for.

The only one's who were by my bedside. 

With IVs inside of my veins.

In order to pump water into my body.

I was a young 32 year old man. 

In a hospital. 

With my family right next to me.

I was scared. 

As I cried for the first time since my Grandmother died.

And cried as a man in front of them.

In front of my mom, older brother and two older sisters who raised me. 

In front of my wife who refused to cry to keep me strong and to not scare me (but I could tell she wanted to).

In front of my daughter who was only 5 she cried because she saw me cry and that made me stop crying and stopped asking God why. 

And he answered me (people to fight for as life is bigger than myself). 

Now I take medication. 

I drink water like a fish while I take my medication with no side effects whatsoever.

I'm thankful for my mediation. 

I have not had an Italian Pizza Pie in 3 years. 

I have not tasted a sip of anything outside of water for 3 years. 

I haven't had a sip of orange apple or grape juice or soda or iced teas or Kool Aids in 3 years. 

I haven't eaten a normal Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas dinner in 3 years. 

No more cheese burgers, friend chicken wings and chips and dip while me and my brother watch Jet football games since kids together.

I haven't had a regular birthday cake in 3 years.

Every day I look @ my wife my daughter.

Without saying anything to either one of them. 

And promise myself that I'll never let my wife see me in a box as I will be the one to stay strong for her as she's done for me.

And promise myself that my innocent daughter who doesn't know what death looks like will ever be without her poppa she calls me until I reach 100 and she's 74 (and we'll see one another soon shortly thereafter). 

Maybe you can learn something about medication throughout my writing words. 

Shouldn't this post be moved to the Lounge 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but Edelman was a 7th round pick and Hill was a 5th rounder, so not the best examples to prove that, if your point is we must use the 11th pick on a WR.

Granted, Hill only dropped because of character concerns.  But he also hasn't exactly assuaged those concerns with his off-the-field behavior.

And they both cost top 15 picks?

Edelman didn’t even play WR in college and he’s a guy who gets open because he had the goat reading opposing defenses and directing him to wide open spaces to catch the football in.  Not a guy who cones to mind when you say “true no.1 WR” at all.

A huge reason why Premium players are premium players is because they are difficult to find.  
 

When was the last time a draft class  had 25-30 QBs, CB’s, LT’s and edge rushers with starting grades?

 

Edited by AFJF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's if you believe WR is a premium position.  The 20 or so best receivers I've seen over the past 15-20 years don't have a single ring between them.

The best tackles (Pace, Ogden, Peters) all do.

QB, edge, CB, LT are the premium positions.

In this class, depending on who you listen to, there are 25-30 wide receivers who ware immediate starters.  At OT, there are six or seven.  If you pass on an OT in round 1, you're not getting a starter in round 2.  If you pass on receiver in rounds 1, 2 and 3, you still might get a starter in round 4 or 5.

My hope is that Douglas will address premium positions that are in short supply and then grab 2-3 receivers later on.

Could come away from the draft with 4-5 immediate new starters.

Rice played until 2004 and he has 3, Keyshawn has 1, Boldin has 1, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Jets WR coach Hines Ward has 1.  

Using Peters as an example actually works against the point you are trying to make.  Peters got injured midway through their super bowl season and was replaced by a 5th round backup.  The Eagles were able to still win a super bowl while losing their 9 time pro bowl left tackle.  Before that super bowl year, he hadn't been on a team that won a playoff game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Rice played until 2004 and he has 3, Keyshawn has 1, Boldin has 1, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Jets WR coach Hines Ward has 1.  

Using Peters as an example actually works against the point you are trying to make.  Peters got injured midway through their super bowl season and was replaced by a 5th round backup.  The Eagles were able to still win a super bowl while losing their 9 time pro bowl left tackle.  Before that super bowl year, he hadn't been on a team that won a playoff game.

 

 

Yes, Rice played until 2004.  When was his last SB win?  Has to be 30 years.

Keyshawn Johnson with the Bucs?  You do realize he almost set the NFL record for most receptions without a touchdown that year?  We’re calling a guy who scored 1 TD a “true no 1”?  I’m sure the Jets could complete 100 balls to Crowder if they threw him a bunch of 4-yard slants.

 

Who is more of a true no. 1?  The guys you mentioned or 

Moss- 0 Rings

Megatron- 0 Rings 

Ochocinco- 0 Rings

TO- 0 Rings

DeAndre Hopkins- 0 Rings

Dez Bryant- 0 Rings

Antonio Brown- 0 Rings

OBJ - 0 Rings

Diggs - 0 Rings

Andre Johnson- 0 Rings

Larry Fitz  - 0 Rings

TY Hilton- 0 Rings

DeSean Jackson- 0 Rings

Having to reach Back 15+ years to find guys like an ancient/insignificant Jerry Rice and a slant catching 1 TD Keyshawn further proves my point.

 

Edited by AFJF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's if you believe WR is a premium position.  The 20 or so best receivers I've seen over the past 15-20 years don't have a single ring between them.

The best tackles (Pace, Ogden, Peters) all do.

QB, edge, CB, LT are the premium positions.

In this class, depending on who you listen to, there are 25-30 wide receivers who ware immediate starters.  At OT, there are six or seven.  If you pass on an OT in round 1, you're not getting a starter in round 2.  If you pass on receiver in rounds 1, 2 and 3, you still might get a starter in round 4 or 5.

My hope is that Douglas will address premium positions that are in short supply and then grab 2-3 receivers later on.

Could come away from the draft with 4-5 immediate new starters.

I do believe WR is premium position. I think it's lesser than the ones you mentioned but IMO personal opinion, WR is a premium position.  It's a passing league, so the guys who protect the QB, tackle the QB, catch the Football and prevent the Football from being caught are all premium.

Either way, your criteria and examples arent exactly strong ways to display the importance of a WR.  You limited it top 20 as if anyone is saying that's what we're getting at #11 and then your examples for the opposite are 3 HOF players that I dont think any of these T's stack up against.  So youre basically saying we are passing on Pace, Ogden, Peters ....at #11.  All the while positioning it with faulty data.  Plenty of great WR's have participated and won a SuperBowl in that time frame, so not sure where you came up with that take but its totally off;

Rings - Hill, Holt, Bruce, Ward, Thomas, Wayne, Harrison, Boldin, Johnson, Irvin in addition to some top 20 guys of their era. 

Participated; Moss, TO, Fitzgerald, Smith, Brown, Jones in addition to some top 20 guys of their era.

I'm in agreement, I hope he takes a T and WR later as well but I'm not going to knock him or say that he's trying to build a "fantasy football team" if does.  Again, there is an argument to bad had that Sam needs weapons more than he does OL right now.  The Jets have the worst WR core in the NFL, by far.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...