I have a Draft template, smarter guys fill in names..Thanks

my draft preferences for [positions per round... I will let the smarter people fill in the names BUT keep position for fun to see what folks can come up with. THANKS

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

Rd5 DL/OLB aka EdgeRusher- ?

Rd6 depending on who picked in Rd4; RB or CB- ?

Rd6 ; BAA- ?

************************************************************************************************************

Have dominant OL for decade w/solid depth. Good OL=playoffs.

Great year for WRs, a bunch of UDFA WRs would in past years go in 5th-7th rounds.. We grab a few gems here as Douglas shows he knows his stuff..also another safety and RB

4 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

my draft preferences for [positions per round... I will let the smarter people fill in the names BUT keep position for fun to see what folks can come up with. THANKS

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

************************************************************************************************************

Great year for WRs, a bunch of UDFA WRs would in past years go in 5th-7th rounds.. We grab a few gems here as Douglas shows he knows his stuff..also another safety and RB

Am I allowed to make some changes? This year’s IOL class (G/C) isn’t great and forcing them into premium picks is a bad strategy.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

I dont like the template. 

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Am I allowed to make some changes? This year’s IOL class (G/C) isn’t great and forcing them into premium picks is a bad strategy.

You can do a thread with your mock, I was curious to see what names came out if they followed my template..thanks

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Agreed. I could see going OT in the first two rounds, but not going interior OL. Especially with all the free agent signings there this year. My preference is definitely a WR no later than that second round pick, though. Sure, it's a deep WR draft, but that's no reason to wait until 15 are off the board before grabbing one. The Jets WR corps is arguably worse than their OL. 

again, feel free to post  your mock in some of thread,,I was just curious as to what guys who know names come up with in this thread for this template.. if not interested its cool

Just now, SouthernJet said:

again, feel free to post a your mock some of thread,,I was just curious as to what guys who know names come up with in this thread for this template.. if not interested its cool

I'd never put together a template in the first place. Jets have a ton of needs, and should be flexible enough to take the best prospects available to fill them at any given slot. There's almost no way a guard is going to be the BAP at #48. And with McGovern, Van Roten, and Lewis all signed (and Winters still lingering), it's less of a need than many other spots. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd never put together a template in the first place. Jets have a ton of needs, and should be flexible enough to take the best prospects available to fill them at any given slot. There's almost no way a guard is going to be the BAP at #48. And with McGovern, Van Roten, and Lewis all signed (and Winters still lingering), it's less of a need than many other spots. 

Agreed.  I don't know why folks like to pigeon hole themselves this way.  That kind of thinking is how we ended up with Mike Nugent in the second round ?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

same ole slats..LOL

i knew you couldnt handle the instructions LOL

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Agreed.  I don't know why folks like to pigeon hole themselves this way.  That kind of thinking is how we ended up with Mike Nugent in the second round ?

Its for fun, to see where folks who MAY know something would see who available under the template,,aka what WR would be there,,its for fun..man, I can see this place hasnt changed much.. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Its for fun, to see where folks who MAY know something would see who available under the template,,aka what WR would be there,,its for fun..man, I can see this place hasnt changed much.. 

Sorry dude just going stir crazy being cooped up so long lol.  The draft can't come soon enough. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

I'll bite (also, we have 2 picks in the 6th)...

1) Andrew Thomas

2) John Simpson

3) Donovan Peoples-Jones

3) Tyler Biadasz

4) Cam Akers

5) Alex Highsmith

6) Stanford Samuels III

6) Lawrence Cager

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Could this be why Joe Douglas signed four interior offensive linemen in free agency and has two others who started NFL games on the roster?

Maybe the Jets do make people happy and go tackle early because man I expect people are going to be disappointed when no centers or guards get drafted.

But for fun for the OP. You gave me too much freedom since you forgot the second sixth round pick.

1. LT - Mekhi Becton, Louisville

2. OG - Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU (There's no guard worth this pick but Cushenberry can play guard too)

3. WR - Chase Claypool, Notre Dame (Think this is past the better WR tier and not sure Claypool's available)

3. OC - Matt Hennessy, Temple (Our long snapper's brother)

4. RB - Anthony McFarland, Maryland (Seems like a classic option as a mid-round reach that frustrates fans when the position they want is passed on)

5. EDGE - Trevis Gibson, Tulsa (Raw but athletic and I mock Tuszka too much)

6. CB - Stantley Thomas-Oliver, Florida International

6. WR - Darnell Mooney, Tulane

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As per your parameters:

Rd1 Andrew Thomas

Rd2 Jonah Jackson

Rd3 Tee Higgins

Rd3 Tyler Biadasz

Rd4 Zack Moss

Rd5 Anfernee Jennings

Rd6 Lamar Jackson

Rd6 Tyre Cleveland - Wr (We have two 6th rounders)

thanks, exactly what I was looking for,,WR/RB skill available based on this order,,just for fun, thanks for being mellow enough to play along

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry dude just going stir crazy being cooped up so long lol.  The draft can't come soon enough. 

one of reasons I did it,, to get folks brains moving and see what kind of wr is really there,,is it as god as folks say? sort of experiment..

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Could this be why Joe Douglas signed four interior offensive linemen in free agency and has two others who started NFL games on the roster?

Maybe the Jets do make people happy and go tackle early because man I expect people are going to be disappointed when no centers or guards get drafted.

But for fun for the OP. You gave me too much freedom since you forgot the second sixth round pick.

1. LT - Mekhi Becton, Louisville

2. OG - Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU (There's no guard worth this pick but Cushenberry can play guard too)

3. WR - Chase Claypool, Notre Dame (Think this is past the better WR tier and not sure Claypool's available)

3. OC - Matt Hennessy, Temple (Our long snapper's brother)

4. RB - Anthony McFarland, Maryland (Seems like a classic option as a mid-round reach that frustrates fans when the position they want is passed on)

5. EDGE - Trevis Gibson, Tulsa (Raw but athletic and I mock Tuszka too much)

6. CB - Stantley Thomas-Oliver, Florida International

6. WR - Darnell Mooney, Tulane

Perfect thanks!! again, this showing me the great C there and good WR talent still around,,thanks man,,great job

I fixed and put in extra 6th pick for those who want to play,,the two who did show how little experiment works,, those were damn good drafts folks by these 2 folks

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

Rd6 ; BAA- ?

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

jedrick wills OT, John Simpson G, Brandon Aiyuk, Nick Harris C, Amik Robertson CB, Chapelle Russell OLB, Lamar JACKSON CB, Malcolm perry RB

• Upvote 1

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

Rd6 ; BAA- ?

If you were going by position you should start by taking a WR in round 2 and a G in round 3.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Jets need to double dip at WR

go ahead,,use 2nd 6th rounder,,its for fun,, we all know most want other stuff,,this is to see what may be there with these parameters,,not life and death,,if not interested thats cool, feel free to look at others playing or leave boring thread

Rd1 LT- ?

Rd2 Off G- ?

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

Rd6 ; BAA- ?

Fixed your template

d1 LT- ?

Rd2 Safety

Rd3 WR- ?

Rd3 Off C- ?

Rd4 CB or RB- ?

Rd6 ; BAA- ?