Tim Tebow throws shade at the NYJ

Kleckineau

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tim-tebow-used-easter-sunday-sermon-for-hilarious-joke-about-new-york-jets-044846019.html

“What we are talking about is the greatest trade in the history of the world,” Tebow said. “There have been some really big trades. The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth for $100,000. How’s that for a trade? Wayne Gretzky was traded for a couple of scrubs. How’s that for a trade?

“I got traded to the Jets. How’s that for a trade.................................

Someone needs to punch that b!tch in the face.

1342105_o.gif.1945edeb54f02c5545f182e5e9ff0896.gif

• Thumb Down 1

I had to click on the article to see how he actually "threw shade" at the Jets.  Here is the full text for those who are interested.

“What we are talking about is the greatest trade in the history of the world,” Tebow said. “There have been some really big trades. The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth for $100,000. How’s that for a trade? Wayne Gretzky was traded for a couple of scrubs. How’s that for a trade?  I got traded to the Jets. How’s that for a trade? That didn’t workout for anybody. When’s the last time a Jets trade worked out?

To answer his question, I'm going to say Thomas Jones in 2007.  You can make an argument for Brandon Marshall in 2015, Santonio Holmes in 2010, or Brett Favre in 2008.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I had to click on the article to see how he actually "threw shade" at the Jets.  Here is the full text for those that are interested.

“What we are talking about is the greatest trade in the history of the world,” Tebow said. “There have been some really big trades. The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth for $100,000. How’s that for a trade? Wayne Gretzky was traded for a couple of scrubs. How’s that for a trade?  I got traded to the Jets. How’s that for a trade? That didn’t workout for anybody. When’s the last time a Jets trade worked out?

To answer his question, I'm going to say Thomas Jones in 2007.  You can make an argument for Brandon Marshall in 2015 or Brett Favre in 2008.

Thomas Jones worked out ok, he had 2 great years for us.

Course, the Bears used that pick to draft Matt Forte who was really good for them on a rookie 2nd year deal.

I thought Tim could have contributed a lot more and been more effective but he wasn’t used right by the CS. They claimed they had a game plan for using him but they didn’t. And when Mark went south he should have been given at least a start instead Rex started McElroy. Actually Tebow did whatever he was asked to including on special teams. And Mike Westhoff only had good things to say about him. Look he wasn’t going to be a good NFL starting QB Belichick told him that. But with the Jets he could have had a role Rex and Sparano only let him throw like 8 passes all season. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought Tim could have contributed a lot more and been more effective but he wasn’t used right by the CS. They claimed they had a game plan for using him but they didn’t. And when Mark went south he should have been given at least a start instead Rex started McElroy. Actually Tebow did whatever he was asked to including on special teams. And Mike Westhoff only had good things to say about him. Look he wasn’t going to be a good NFL starting QB Belichick told him that. But with the Jets he could have had a role Rex and Sparano only let him throw like 8 passes all season. 

No it was an insanely dumb trade done by Woody for non football reasons

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No it was an insanely dumb trade done by Woody for non football reasons

I don’t know who actually made this deal or if Woody pushed it. But it seemed like Rex was always against it and some reporters said at the time that he didn’t play Tim as a protest against the deal. It’s a big mystery. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t know who actually made this deal or if Woody pushed it. But it seemed like Rex was always against it and some reporters said at the time that he didn’t play Tim as a protest against the deal. It’s a big mystery. 

Ofcourse Rex was against it was a ridiculous move forced by the moronic owner

Rex and Bradway wanted Russell Wilson.  Woody instead trades for Tebow and the jets draft Stephen Hill in rd 2

BD2E574C-E9AF-4AB4-A96E-B13DCC3A980A.jpeg.429b3141b27fffcd69d7ee261961b891.jpeg

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

Tebow to me is a rather self centered individual who likes to wrap himself in the flag of religion to keep his name in the media As he is less than mediocre QB and even worse baseball player and his star power is waning. If he really was as self righteous and compassionate as he espouses he should be thanking and not bashing any team that hired him and gave him a chance as he really wasn’t any good to begin with. He really should let it go and get on with his life as a televangelist 

I understand your point and do not disagree.  However, can you really blame him?   You can't blame him for hating such a messed up club.  Thankfully we have a good GM, I really think we hit a grand slam. 

43 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Rex and Bradway wanted Russell Wilson.  Woody instead trades for Tebow and the jets draft Stephen Hill in rd 2

Nothing based on fact.  

1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I understand your point and do not disagree.  However, can you really blame him?   You can't blame him for hating such a messed up club.  Thankfully we have a good GM, I really think we hit a grand slam. 

let’s win a game first....    JD hasn’t drafted a soul but he’s a grand slam? Do I sound bitter???😂

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The story I heard was that Bradway who wasn’t GM then wanted to draft Wilson and was persistent about it but nobody listened to him. I’m not sure about Rex but I remember reading a story about others in the org joking about how hard Bradway pushed for Wilson. 

Tebow had a career winning record with more TDs than INTs once arriving to N.Y but yet Rex and company only let him throw the football a whopping grand total of 8x.

Sad. Pathetic. 

Because he completed 6 passes (75%) and never tossed an INT throughout only 8 pass attempts. 

This man in college i seen it with my own eyes as an FSU fan not even my dude Winston looked like this during back to back championship's 1 title. 

47 games (3 year starter). 

661/995 (he threw damn near 1,000 times). 

66.4% (he could be dearly accurate Rex wouldn't even try to let him be himself on his field. 

9,285 passing yards (damn near 10k up against elite SEC and ACC defenses).

88 TDs/16 INT's (He was God out in Gainesville Florida and FSU & MIA fans feared him he was super smart and creative from Shotgun spread your defense wide and kill you both ways pass or run. Especially the pass he picked you apart. 

I think he broke the QB Rating it was so high 170.8. 

692 rushing attempts. 

2,947 rushing yards. 

57 Rushing TD's. 

But yet. Rex used him very oddly. It was weird even to me. 

They lined him up as a QB and had him running routes @ TE despite 0 career pass receptions as a Gator.

What the fk Rex?

They put him @ FB in I-Form and asked him to be Mike ATrain Alstott and they treated him like a Miami Wildcats gimmick. 

Again.

Rex thnx you for 09 2010 but you had to go a QB killer killed Sanchez too preseason game right?

despite him throwing for over 9,00 yards and a QB Rating of 170 during his 3 years there (two 🏆 🏆 trophies. Championship trophies. A leader. And Rex mocked him with 6/8 0/0 attempts. 

They did not utilize him as Florida Gators once did in Shotgun @ QB while winning 2 Championships and 2x SEC Player of the Yea; within an ELITE SEC with crazy sick DEFENSES galore and...

The Jets let him go 6/8 and nothing else

fk them. 

Forget his career highlights just watch his last Gators game as an FSU fan I respected that kid so much

Rex embarrassed the South. 

FSU couldn't beat him because we couldn't figure him out 0-4 never seen anything like it. 

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

From the looks of this thread, a lot of you ladies have your panties twisted in a knot over this. Such a sensitive bunch... let it all out girls, you'll feel better afterward.

🙄

We Jets fans should never be offended when our team is ridiculed by players or media. We haven’t done anything to warrant respect in 50 years other than a couple of short bursts where we were decent. 

• Upvote 1