Batman to take on al-Qaida in new DC Comics comic book project

R44

Batman to take on al-Qaida in new DC Comics comic book project

UPI News Service, 02/14/2006

"Batman kicks al-Qaida's ass" is how graphic novelist Frank Miller describes his latest work titled "Holy Terror, Batman!"

The latest DC comic featuring the caped crusader is "an explosion from my gut reaction of what's happening now" and "a reminder to people who seem to have forgotten who we're up against," Miller said during a San Francisco comic book convention.

The story has Batman settling the score after terrorists attack Gotham City.

"It just seems silly to chase around the Riddler when you've got al-Qaida out there," he said. "Superman punched out Hitler. So did Captain America. That's one of the things they're there for."

A DC Comics spokesman declined to comment on the project, the New York Post said Tuesday, and an industry source added the book probably will not be published this year.

In addition to working on the 200-page novel, Miller is penning monthly Batman comics and three of his projects including a sequel to "Sin City," are being made into films.

Frank Miller is the greatest. His work on Daredevil was classic, it made that comic interesting well into my 20s when all the others became just leftovers from my childhood. The issues of DD he did when Matt went through his little nervous breakdown and ended up sleeping in an alley and living with a heroin addict were so different from every other comic aimed solely at kids and teenagers at the time. Just awesome.

This just screams of bad idea... just bad...

While Frank Miller is awesome, his latest Batman project (All Star Batman), I've heard, leaves alot to be desired. Just pure cheese, for dialogue.

But, if I'm able to, I'll check it out.

All star batman has been slated by a lot of people,the art is great but your right the dialogue is bad and the new take on Batman is daft.

Superman punched out Hitler. So did Captain America. That's one of the things they're there for.

Very true. I own a few of the graphic novels/comics where Superman fights Hitler...and later after all the other super heroes are dead he fights 3 clones of Hitler...all interesting story angles to take.

I also have pics from a couple of my favorite artists showing Superman in different situations, one being him crying in anger as the WTC is smoking from the fire in the background.

I think the amount of buzz this project is getting alone will help it sell copies. I admit I am now kind of interested in it and will probably buy one just to see how it is.

Archived