One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

13 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

#3 is justy trading one guy that wants to get overpaid for another guy that wants to get overpaid.

Option #2 with Jags is interesting

yeah but with all the talk of positional value around here Id have thought most people would jump at that one. No? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RSJ said:

Perriman was also a potential #1 WR. Every guy you mentioned has potential but is far from cant miss, including Thomas who looks good but has some dents himself.

I'll take the unknown over the known.  If we don't like what is on the board at 17, trade down.  We need to start building up the roster at the premium positions.  Adding a bunch of OT's, WR's, CB's and an EDGE rusher or 2 in this draft would be a great way to do just that.

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I understand all your points. But why can't we just have both? Build around Sam Darnold and keep Jamal Adams? We don't have to pick one.

You build your offense around the QB.

You never build a successful defense around a Box Safety.  

Trading Adams can help us build the offense around Darnold AND potentially add some core talent on defense that you CAN build around, like an EDGE rusher or CB.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Damn man.  I would take the #5 overall for the exact reason you mentioned. having almost the pick of the litter at T (Giants) AND the pick of the litter at WR in this draft???  Jesus. 

Then that would give us one of the top 3 Edge or CB's in the 2nd and another WR in the 3rd. That one would be a landscape changing move. 

Plus we get to send Jamal to the tundra of Detroit!  I love Jamal but as soon as he's gone I will hate him like almost no other.  lol 

say we did trade for #5 BUT before draft Jets trade for Redskins Trent Williams. What do you do with 5 and 11? (lips smacking)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RSJ said:

Its going to be a lot of fun when Sam never gets on the field because the defense cant get off it and our rookie WR cant hold onto the ball on third down. 

The defense can survive just fine without Jamal Adams.  It hasn't been elite WITH Jamal, either.  We've used 10 of our last 11 first round picks on defense.  Figure it out, Gregg.

And the WR group will need rookies regardless of whether we trade Adams or not.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

He’s under team control for 3 years. Douglas doesn’t seem to operate on emotion, so highly doubtful that news of a report of Jamal skipping virtual voluntary meetings is going to force him into a time constricted decision 

Thank you. 

JN will be all aflutter today for sure though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You build your offense around the QB.

You never build a successful defense around a Box Safety.  

Trading Adams can help us build the offense around Darnold AND potentially add some core talent on defense that you CAN build around, like an EDGE rusher or CB.  

You don't have to build your defense around Jamal Adams and you don't have to trade him in order to build your offense around Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We sucked before Adams and suck with Adams.  He makes no difference. 

I'll appreciate an OT or EDGE rusher that moves the needle for the franchise.

But we don't suck because of Adams.

And again, why do we have to get rid of Jamal Adams in order to add an OT or EDGE player? That shouldn't be the mentality. If you draft well you can add all those things.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's your point?  That Jamal makes an impact?  Explain exactly how he does that.  

By making plays on defense, being strong in coverage, against the run, and as a blitzer. What else do you want him to do? 

If your argument is that a safety isn't as valuable as a pass rusher or shutdown CB you are of course right. But we shouldn't have to get rid of Jamal Adams to add those pieces. 

3 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Do the cowboys even have the cap space to sign Jamal to a record breaking deal if they are indeed the team that trades for Jamal? They just gave huge dollars to cooper and still have to sign their QB to a huge deal. 

I imagine they wouldn't have to sign Jamal this offseason if he gets traded there.  He'll be at a place where he's happy and will know they have to give him a new deal regardless.

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

He’s under team control for 3 years. Douglas doesn’t seem to operate on emotion, so highly doubtful that news of a report of Jamal skipping virtual voluntary meetings is going to force him into a time constricted decision 

The draft is in 6 days.  So while you're right he won't make an emotional decision, the timing is indeed curious.  

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You don't have to build your defense around Jamal Adams and you don't have to trade him in order to build your offense around Sam Darnold. 

It sure would help.  Know what sure wouldn't help the offense?  Spending $35M+ per year on the cap on an ILB and SS.  

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m trying to stay off of this hellsite today but I keep refreshing this stupid page to see if he gets traded. It feels like when your team lines up for a 36 yard field goal to win the game and you can’t watch it so you’re on the ESPN app seeing if it’s good

I don’t think it’ll happen today. if it happens then I bet it’s during draft day.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

By making plays on defense, being strong in coverage, against the run, and as a blitzer. What else do you want him to do? 

"making plays".  A couple TFL's is making plays?

"strong in coverage".  He played zone or blitzed on about 80 % of his snaps last year.  Gregg Williams doesn't trust him in M2M, and even less in standard 2-deep Safety coverage.  

"against the run."  Yep, he's good against the run.  

"as a blitzer."  When he blitzes, it puts a strain on the rest of the secondary.  Sacks on Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins were nice last year.  He'll be facing a much, much tougher schedule next year, and opposing OC's will be ready for him.  Most of the time when a Safety blitzes, a smart QB is very happy to see it.  

• Upvote 1

I am as big of a critic as there  is (other than Shane) about jamal adams.

Some  of those are no where near enough other than perhaps Detroit.

Tyron Smith and 17 would be good enough

We would be getting robbed blind on the 11 and jamal for 9 and 20

17-82 not enough, ngokue not enough

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It sure would help.  Know what sure wouldn't help the offense?  Spending $35M+ per year on the cap on an ILB and SS.  

Signing Mosley was a mistake. But trading Jamal doesn't undo that. Just like we can't undo the Bell signing. 

Why not just keep our good players and draft well...

59 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

For those too lazy to watch:

#5 - Cowboys for #17 & #82

#4 - Cowboys for #17 + Tyron Smith

#3 - Jaguars for Yannick Ngakoue

#2 - Jaguars - Jamal Adams  + #11 for #9 + #20

#1 - Lions - after a trade down Lions give up #5 for Jamal Adams straight up

#4 please.  I like Jamal but I'd risk COVID to drive him to the airport myself for his flight to Dallas.

Solving LT with a Pro Bowler like Tyron Smith AND getting a 1st round pick jumpstarts this team like no other move could.  We take WR1 at #11 and probably an elite Edge rusher or CB at #17.  Jets come back with another OT or WR at #48 and still have two picks in the 3rd to hit some combination of RB, OG, or the Edge/CB position that you didn't hit at #17.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

For those too lazy to watch:

#5 - Cowboys for #17 & #82

#4 - Cowboys for #17 + Tyron Smith

#3 - Jaguars for Yannick Ngakoue

#2 - Jaguars - Jamal Adams  + #11 for #9 + #20

#1 - Lions - after a trade down Lions give up #5 for Jamal Adams straight up

I don't want to trade Jamal Adams.  Of the 5 scenarios listed:

#4 & #1 would give me pause to seriously consider.  #2 sucks.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets leaked this, it was for the purpose of saying Jamal is on the block

These guys petting Jamals crotch will forget all about him when Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs (trusting JD on this one) , CJ Henderson somehow falls to 17, JD moves back up for Josh Jones using 1 of the 3s, and Mims is there at 48. JD gets Curtis Weaver at 68, traded 79 but gets Matt Hennessey at 82. 

So Jets trade Adams for 17 & 82 from Dallas and end up with a Draft of:

1st #11- Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy

1 st #17- CJ Henderson

1st #25- Trade up with Vikings for 3rd (#79) + 2021? Josh Jones 

2nd- #48- Denzel Mims 

3rd- #68- Curtis Weaver 

3rd- #82- Matt Hennessey 

4th- A.J. Dillon

5th- Kenny Robinson (SAFETY)

52 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

That is a given. It is there for all to see. Question is 

- Is he so good you think you can make a SB run with him before he is a FA (if Jets playoff team they use Franchise etc)

- Or realize his heart is with Cowboys, his family there and if you 90% sure he will bolt, get maximum value before you lose him for nothing (especially if you think a SB run is a bit 'down the road'

Contract Year 4 (2020)

Option Year 5 (2021)

Franchise Tag 6 (2022)

So yeah, if Dallas wants to wait until 2023 for Jamal they can do it.  Zeke will be complaining again by then, their OLine won't be what it is today and who knows how much Dak would be costing them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Signing Mosley was a mistake. But trading Jamal doesn't undo that. Just like we can't undo the Bell signing. 

Why not just keep our good players and draft well...

Because we haven't won d*ck with the "good players" we have.  Macc built the roster terribly.  We need to reverse those mistakes, not double down on them.  

If it's not QB, OL, EDGE, CB or WR I refuse to get behind spending heavily.  If Douglas were to hand Adams $17M a year that would be proof enough that he is another in a long line of GM's who "doesn't get it".  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold DID have a contract in place.

$30M guaranteed contract and a $20M signing bonus. 

He just didn't want to sign it (greed). 

And...

Sam Darnold even missed his first ever TRAINING CAMP REPs over it!

Jamal Adams is going to skip a VOLUNTARY NOTHINGNESS. 

Sam Darnold skipped TRAINING CAMP REPS!

"HUGE DIFFERENCE"

Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus.

Off-set language is negotiated in every rookie contract. There was no contract until that was agreed upon. Contractual language is a very important part of a contract, especially for a top 10 pick. Do I  need to explain what "off-set language" is?

• Upvote 1