One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

This is why I want to trade him. I do think if we can't get fair value we should hold onto him and them tag him so we hold him for 3 years. Then let him walk for the 3rd round comp pick if a tag and trade can't be worked out after the 3rd year.

I want to trade him because he’s a safety, who talks about himself like he’s Ed Reed with the team value of Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Contract Year 4 (2020)

Option Year 5 (2021)

Franchise Tag 6 (2022)

So yeah, if Dallas wants to wait until 2023 for Jamal they can do it.  Zeke will be complaining again by then, their OLine won't be what it is today and who knows how much Dak would be costing them.

If he’s stuck staying with the Jets, he’ll want a new deal ASAP. If he gets the chance to be traded to the cowboys, he won’t rush an extension which is why he has so much value in a trade. That’s probably the issue with getting the trade pushed through. Just speculation on my part. 

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Contract Year 4 (2020)

Option Year 5 (2021)

Franchise Tag 6 (2022)

So yeah, if Dallas wants to wait until 2023 for Jamal they can do it.  Zeke will be complaining again by then, their OLine won't be what it is today and who knows how much Dak would be costing them.

Exactly. Some people here have no idea how NFL contracts work. He isn't going to Dallas anytime soon unless we trade him. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The problem here is Jamal Adams personality is going to make it extremely hard to deal with if you tag him and keep control over him for 3 years. Just trade him for the max value available and call it a day.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case more and more. I was totally against trading Adams but it appears that he's going to be a problem so the best move might be to trade him now for a small ransom.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

say we did trade for #5 BUT before draft Jets trade for Redskins Trent Williams. What do you do with 5 and 11? (lips smacking)

Draft a LT because Trent Williams hasn't played a full season in 5 years.  I get the point but to me this draft is a gift from the Gods for us. Having so many legitimate franchise LT's at the top of the draft and so many potential #1 WR's in one draft is exactly what the Dr. Ordered. There is no one I want in this draft more than Andrew Thomas. 

If we passed that up because of some old a$$ malcontent who wants to be paid $20 mil a year, I would be disappointed in JD. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

I hate it.  You're basically giving up Jamal for the #20 pick.  We move up 2 spots in round one; not a big deal, unless we were moving up from 4 to 2 or 3 to 1 or 5 to 3.  11 to 9 is no big deal.  Again, I don't like it one bit.

We can have Dallas's #17 for Jamal, and that is 3 picks ahead of Jags #20.

Actually moving from 11 to 9 jumps the Browns who Are almost definitely taking a LT.  That would ensure that we take the guy we want as opposed to the guy they don't.  It's a pretty big deal. 

Trade him to whoever offers the best package.
I can see Dallas willing to part with #17 and a 3rd, especially since I would think they’ll now have added competition from teams like Baltimore who was already rumored to be after him, and I would assume teams like Oakland and Cleveland would be interested as well. Maybe even a team like Jacksonville, whose defense seemingly transformed into dogsh*t overnight.
It seems like a lot of Jets fans want to hold on to Adams just because he’s basically the only nationally recognized player on the team. Screw that. I would rather that player be Darnold. If we can grab one of the top OT’s and a potential #1 wideout in the 1st round in addition to collecting a third 3rd round pick, then Adams can kiss the hairiest part of my a$$hole and get shipped off to Timbuktu for all I care.
Maybe if Darnold sniffed the Pro Bowl I might be on board with this ... But being that our franchise QB is in the bottom 3rd of the league that's not gonna happen yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

There is always the option to tell him to pound sand, but I don’t know if that’s practical for anyone. Jamal is clearly set to get loud about this (because he’s loud about everything) and it’ll get embarrassing for everyone involved, especially in the current climate. Why go through all that for 61 tackles and a garbage time INT? 
And singlehandedly winning us two games last year.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

still think the raiders would be in play

No they have their safeties that are interchangeable .     Damarious Randall( 16 interceptions in his five year career) and Jonathan Abram( last year first round draft choice). Jeff Heath and Erik Harris are the backups.       Damarious Randall could be the nickel cb, but Lamarcus Joyner would play one of the safety position if he fails as nickel cb.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

This couldn't be more wrong.

I offer you a contract to post here. It is a guaranteed $4,500 per year. The contract says you have to pay the site that amount to post here.

IT IS GUARANTEEEEEEEDD !!!!

Come on Maxman that's not my point here my point was Sam Darnold and his agents weren't happy about something anything doesn't matter could've been over anything but the end results were a late arrival to Training Camp; doesn't get killed for it. 

Jamal Adams isn't allowed to get upset about anything not allowed to skip out on a non mandatory event because he feels some type of way; toaster and roasted like no other Jet. 

I refuse to forget Jamal Adams was here before Joe Douglas Sam Darnold and Adam Gase, Gregg Williams and deserves the opportunity to win here and celebrate with NYC/NJ. Him and Darnold will win us a Super Bowl together as teammates next 3 years can Quote me forever Maxman I promise. 

This is his locker room full of dogs who he roots for he celebrated Sam going #3 overall live for the fans predicted SB on that night. He's different. 

Marcus Maye, Sam Darnold, Quinnen Williams C.J Mosley none get what I like to call "the Jamal Adams treatment" ala our most talented and best overall player getting mocked over everything. Couldn't even send him a Twitter invited to join that'll really make him want to play for his home town TX raised been on Jerry Jones radar 

USATSI_10447720.thumb.jpg.f9c344cbde9db8f58eada0f3ae4db110.jpg

Look at him he's not confident @ all he looks scared or not happy to be a JAG compared...

gettyimages-1050891842.jpg.49addda4bfe8e0135992a8f7bade9cf6.jpg

l3itq3kixhkfudyv9wr0.thumb.jpeg.71390d020a8b4a2861cdead6890acbc2.jpeg

Not trading that away confidence fearless happy to be a NY Jet

I know what a non Impactful "box Safety" looks like when I see one. Because I seen 2014. No Watkins, Evans, Beckham Jr, Cooks. We drafted Louisville slugger where was #33 when we needed him Calvin Prior a football player with a baseball nickname here Mets draft a center fielder nicknamed wide receiver because he can catch but can't hit. 

Kid deserves praise imo Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams will win us a SB within a Bradyless division. I hope to support him all the way into Canton thnx Max you've got an awesome forum fan base here hard to believe it's still here today you the man sir hope to post here 2022 after our SB victory 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

That is a given. It is there for all to see. Question is 

- Is he so good you think you can make a SB run with him before he is a FA (if Jets playoff team they use Franchise etc)

- Or realize his heart is with Cowboys, his family there and if you 90% sure he will bolt, get maximum value before you lose him for nothing (especially if you think a SB run is a bit 'down the road'

Fine let him go. Lock up Marcus Maye and truck right on without missing a beat.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would imagine by Sunday/Monday we will really start to hear lots of rumors, if this is going to happen. I would imagine the Jets would need a few days to readjust 1st Rd strategy if they were going to have 2 picks.

But yes, I can't imagine a trade of this nature would happen when the draft is actually going.

I can see Jerry picking up the phone and calling JD as soon as Dallas gets on the clock at #17, unless some player that Dallas really wanted unexpectedly falls to them. I imagine that all aspects of a potential trade will have been fully explored by both JD and Jerry, including compensation, cap ramafications and what the Jets would do with the pick(s). JD will be prepared if Jerry calls during the draft.

Jerry is getting old and is desperate for one last SB. In Jerry's mind trading for Adams, who he believes will provide immediate impact, will be worth #17 but not much more.

I'd take the #17 and a 4th in 2021. No team will offer anymore for a box safety who demands to paid like a franchise CB or edge. Jerry is getting old and is desperate for one last SB.

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Only way he gets traded is for multiple no 1 picks and more.

57 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wait ... Trade a perenial pro bowler that has three years left on his contract for one pick (the number 5) ...????? You guys are laughable.

Now who is laughable?

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Maybe if Darnold sniffed the Pro Bowl I might be on board with this ... But being that our franchise QB is in the bottom 3rd of the league that's not gonna happen yet.

Let me try to enlighten you, making the Pro Bowl at safety is a lot easier than QB. Darnold was behind the worst OL in the league and had bad receivers. Also, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, and Brady are a lot harder to beat when all their teams have more talent on offense. The fact that Adams made the Pro Bowl shows the lack of talent at that position in the AFC. Lets try to use common sense on here, other than just posting constant pessimistic dribble that really is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Jamal acts immature. Liking and egging on cryptic tweets about his future while calling out our management on Twitter. He does good for the team but he's also selfish and acts like he's a superstar carrying the weight. We lose with him, and can do the same without him. 

You dont pay 18 million a year for 2 interceptions in 3 seasons. He does good in blitzes but if you take away a couple of games he has under 3 sacks on the season. 

If you're offered a first and a third (or even second) you run straight to the bank. If sacrificing a star player at a non premium position can help spread pieces across the board to better the most important part of our team (The Ginger), you take that.

Only on JN do we whine and complain about a player not showing up to a VOLUNTARY meeting

Regardless of whether it's physical or virtual, if he doesn't want to show up then he doesn't have to. That's his prerogative.

Wake me up when he no shows a mandatory meeting

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Am I missing something here? Isn't Tyron Smith a top 5 LT in the league that's not even 30 yet?
Why would any team give up one of the best LT's for one of the best Safties in the league?
To free up money to pay Dak this year is the only reason I can think of.

Also, Smith is ranked #16 tackle on PFF if that means anything.

I'm a little suspect of Smith, he's missed several games due to injury the last couple of seasons. JJ might try to play our new GM.

1 hour ago, King P said:

Only on JN do we whine and complain about a player not showing up to a VOLUNTARY meeting

Regardless of whether it's physical or virtual, if he doesn't want to show up then he doesn't have to. That's his prerogative.

Wake me up when he no shows a mandatory meeting

Last year it was Bell, the cancer.  The selfish, self centered look at me problem staring at Jets fans for all to see

This year its deep seeded reasons dreampt up by fans.  Without knowing that he wants money, without knowing that hes not showing on his call.  

11 pages off of Shefters tweet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1