One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

13 hours ago, Lith said:

I don't know.  To me, the standalone term "volunteer" or "volunteering" implies giving of your time to charitable causes, which is different from staying after practice to sign autographs,  It is also different from attending voluntary workouts. 

I do not know whether or how much of his time Adams truly volunteers to help out those less fortunate than himself or to help out in his community. Maybe he does volunteer significant amounts of his time.  But I am not seeing it in this thread.

Adams volunteer PR appearances remind me of Meaghan and Harry's (hold my purse) appearances for five minutes at soup kitchen staged event. It's all about the money and celebrity status with Adams.

I hope he goes to Dallas where he'll be the fifth fiddle instead of back page news in the largest market in the world.

• Upvote 2

He’s the chess piece that’s key to the rebuild. Trade Adam’s to Dallas (1’s and 2nd). Take the Tackle or Receiver at 11, then use the Dallas pick to take one you didn’t take at 11. Draft a Safety later, or sign Logan Ryan and move him to Safety.

Never seen Ryan or Maye hit like Adams even one time. or attack a RB in the backfield. Hell I've never seen any of our OLBs do that ... Maybe all of the whiners here should think about that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Gotta love the haters saying let’s get a 1st and a 3rd for a guy that supposedly sucks.

What players on the team (hell in the AFC east) easily command a 1st and 3rd with nobody questioning the value?

You don’t trade good young players, it’s bad business.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s the chess piece that’s key to the rebuild. Trade Adam’s to Dallas (1’s and 2nd).

Take the Tackle or Receiver at 11, then use the Dallas pick to take one you didn’t take at 11. Draft a Safety later, or sign Logan Ryan and move him to Safety.

If he is worth a 1 AND a 2 why the heck would you trade him? That’s like trading the queen off the chess board for a couple of pawns ♟ 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

He’s the chess piece that’s key to the rebuild. Trade Adam’s to Dallas (1’s and 2nd).
Take the Tackle or Receiver at 11, then use the Dallas pick to take one you didn’t take at 11. Draft a Safety later, or sign Logan Ryan and move him to Safety.
Dallas would not give up their first two picks in this draft for Jamal it would probably look more like a first and fourth this year with a second next year of they wanted to pull the trigger and trade for him. Additionally trading a future hall of famer for a couple lottery tickets is bad buisness.

• Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, ECURB said:

If he is worth a 1 AND a 2 why the heck would you trade him? That’s like trading the queen off the chess board for a couple of pawns ♟ 

They don't get it. Besides Dallas couldn't afford to pay him anyway, they are not in good shape with their cap, and they still have to work out a contract for Dak.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Trading Jamal to the Lions for the 3rd overall pick is a happy happy ending. 

So trade a top 5 player that you drafted for a crapshoot that will demand big money and hold out the same if they are great too.

stop acting like 1st round picks are sure things

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Dallas would not give up their first two picks in this draft for Jamal it would probably look more like a first and fourth this year with a second next year of they wanted to pull the trigger and trade for him. Additionally trading a future hall of famer for a couple lottery tickets is bad buisness.

Always surprises me that for a team that has been falcon punched in the nuts by the draft for decades, so many are willing to dump proven players for more scratch offs.

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Gotta love the haters saying let’s get a 1st and a 3rd for a guy that supposedly sucks.

What players on the team (hell in the AFC east) easily command a 1st and 3rd with nobody questioning the value?

You don’t trade good young players, it’s bad business.

False. 

This is the exact business model Belichick has deployed for 2 decades, and they won 6 Super Bowls. The Patriots trade talent at their peak and flip them for younger talent at positions of need basically every year. 

Richard Seymour, Deion Branch, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Jimmy Garropolo, Matt Cassel, Logan Mankins. 

All the above traded players turned into...

Joe Thuney, Trey Flowers, Nate Solder, Patrick Chung, (just to name a few) and cap flexibility each of the following years to sign significant key vets. 

AND, that's not including the free agents they then let walk yearly. Vinatieri, Welker, Van Noy, Flowers, Solder, Browner, Revis, Ryan, Vereen, Ridley. Then they reap about 47 comp picks. 

The exact model you are saying is "bad business", is exactly what has won a team we hate 6 Super Bowls over 20 years. (Minus the cheating of course) 

The business model works perfectly, and you are upset that we want to try it out one time? Remind me again how the business model WE have executed as a team the last 20 years has worked? 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Draft a LT because Trent Williams hasn't played a full season in 5 years.  I get the point but to me this draft is a gift from the Gods for us. Having so many legitimate franchise LT's at the top of the draft and so many potential #1 WR's in one draft is exactly what the Dr. Ordered. There is no one I want in this draft more than Andrew Thomas. 

If we passed that up because of some old a$$ malcontent who wants to be paid $20 mil a year, I would be disappointed in JD. 

"Franchise LT's" is debatable. None of these guys are sure fire top of the draft franchise LT's like Brick was.  The only player who I believe will 100% play LT is Thomas. Becton is a RT.  There are a number of people who think Wills is a Guard or RT in the NFL.  Wirfs is a RT as well who played sparingly at LT. Besides Thomas the rest have question marks regarding any transition to LT. That's a risk for any team. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft them, just saying they're not sure fire franchise LT's. They all come with question marks

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

False. 

This is the exact business model Belichick has deployed for 2 decades, and they won 6 Super Bowls. The Patriots trade talent at their peak and flip them for younger talent at positions of need basically every year. 

Richard Seymour, Deion Branch, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Jimmy Garropolo, Matt Cassel, Logan Mankins. 

Joe Thuney, Trey Flowers, Nate Solder, Patrick Chung, (just to name a few) and cap flexibility each of the following years to sign significant key vets. 

AND, that's not including the free agents they then let walk yearly. Vinatieri, Welker, Van Noy, Flowers, Solder, Browner, Revis, Ryan, Vereen, Ridley. Then they reap about 47 comp picks. 

The exact model you are saying is "bad business", is exactly what has won a team we hate 6 Super Bowls over 20 years. (Minus the cheating of course) 

The business model works perfectly, and you are upset that we want to try it out one time? Remind me again how the business model WE have executed as a team the last 20 years has worked? 

They have the best coach ever with unlimited job security and (had) the GOAT drafted in the 6th round.

We have Adam Gase and elite-QB-in-disguise Darnold. Not sure the Patriot Way will work for us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

"Franchise LT's" is debatable. None of these guys are sure fire top of the draft franchise LT's like Brick was.  The only player who I believe will 100% play LT is Thomas. Becton is a RT.  There are a number of people who think Wills is a Guard or RT in the NFL.  Wirfs is a RT as well who played sparingly at LT. Besides Thomas the rest have question marks regarding any transition to LT. That's a risk for any team. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft them, just saying they're not sure fire franchise LT's. They all come with question marks

Becton is a LT for sure but I get the point.  I agree that Thomas is the guy. No matter what the media has been saying these past months. He's THE guy. 

But yeah. I think this draft is packed with real franchise LT's.  Ive done such deep eval on these cats and spent hours watching full game tapes and other pro evaluators as well.  This batch is really good. Better than last year and I liked some of those guys a lot last year. Cody Ford being my fave even though he's a better RT. 

I think all 4 will be dominant LT's if they go that way. But I think at least one of Wills/Wirfs will get drafted to be a RT. 

I will add that I see Jones, Cleveland and Peart as very good LT prospects. Almost sure things as well. Then there's Wanoghu, Niang and Lewis who I just think need a year. This crop is stout man. I stand by it. 

Oh... best avatar I've seen in a while there Choon!  :) 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Never seen Ryan or Maye hit like Adams even one time. or attack a RB in the backfield. Hell I've never seen any of our OLBs do that ... Maybe all of the whiners here should think about that.

Maye will be extended before Adams, guaranteed.  Greg Williams loves Maye and they're not going to pay two safeties. 

I like Adams and think he's a great player.  I can think that and also think that he's a self entitled douche. I can also think that I don't want to tie up $17 million per year on a SS when Darnold will be coming up for an extension in 2 years and the offensive skill players and offensive line are still in flux. The focus of this front office and coaching staff is to surround Darnold with talent to maximize his growth.  JD has said that repeatedly, even promising Darnolds parents. If trading Adams gets them towards that goal quicker then they should entertain it. If paying Adams $17 million per year hampers that goal then they shouldn't pay him that.  It's as simple as that.  Every move they make should be done with what's in the best interest of Sam Darnold, not Jamal Adams. 

VOLUNTARY, 

VIRTUAL.

THIS IS (ONCE-AGAIN) A JAMAL ADAMS NON-STORY.

And honestly, its too early to extend Jamal. So there shouldn't be any interest from Jets brass to extend him this offseason. He's a FA in 2022 after the option? Plenty of time to negotiate. I get it, HE just had one of the best seasons he may ever have so he wants to negotiate now. But that's not always how it works. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

False. 

Rodney Harrison says hello.

nice try though

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Maye will be extended before Adams, guaranteed.  Greg Williams loves Maye and they're not going to pay two safeties. 

I like Adams and think he's a great player.  I can think that and also think that he's a self entitled douche. I can also think that I don't want to tie up $17 million per year on a SS when Darnold will be coming up for an extension in 2 years and the offensive skill players and offensive line are still in flux. The focus of this front office and coaching staff is to surround Darnold with talent to maximize his growth.  JD has said that repeatedly, even promising Darnolds parents. If trading Adams gets them towards that goal quicker then they should entertain it. If paying Adams $17 million per year hampers that goal then they shouldn't pay him that.  It's as simple as that.  Every move they make should be done with what's in the best interest of Sam Darnold, not Jamal Adams. 

LOL, you make it sound as if 17 mil a year is a lot of money. Its not nothing, I get it, but in the grand scheme of things it also doesn't handcuff your team. Its only when you have multiple contracts like that and your players are not performing when that becomes and issue. They can pay Darnold and skill players and the O-line and still allocate money towards one of the best safeties in the NFL. This whole notion that they can't is a fallacy. As long as Adams plays at a high level there should be no issue. Maye might be extended before Adams but only because he will be a much cheaper deal, to the point where it won't have much impact on what Adams get paid.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

They have the best coach ever with unlimited job security and (had) the GOAT drafted in the 6th round.

We have Adam Gase and elite-QB-in-disguise Darnold. Not sure the Patriot Way will work for us.

Maybe, BUT the Patriot way had to start somewhere, and so do we. 

Bellicheck was far from the greatest coach ever, and the GOAT wasnt the GOAT, when they started their model. 

Gase, Darnold and the Jets had a better first year than Belicheck and the Pats, and now we have an opportunity to possibly copy their model using Jamal as the first domino. 

Is it a smart move? Maybe/maybe not, but factoring in our history of ineptitude and rare blue chip player currently at maximum value, we almost have to take the chance to try. 

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

VOLUNTARY, 

VIRTUAL.

And honestly, its too early to extend Jamal. So there shouldn't be any interest from Jets brass to extend him this offseason. He's a FA in 2022 after the option? Plenty of time to negotiate. I get it, HE just had one of the best seasons he may ever have so he wants to negotiate now. But that's not always how it works. 

The non-story take is about as uniformed of a take as there can be on the topic.  If anyone pays remote attention to how modern day sports reporting works, they'd know this is likely the first step in an eventual break-up between the Jets and Adams. 

It's a clear sign the relationship is strained from at least one or both sides.  Someone told Schefter to post this to create buzz and grease the wheels for their desired result.

The entire Mookie Betts saga this  baseball off-season all started with a seemingly harmless story about how far off he and the Red Sox were in negotiations but "had plenty of time".  These sort of stories/tweets aren't done for no reason.  Schefter knows where his bread is buttered.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

VOLUNTARY, 

VIRTUAL.

Your statements are counter to each  other.

Yes the jets hold the hammer and don't have to do anything.

Jamal the great team leader is skipping them, hell when there is nothing else in the world to do these days.

This is only going to get worse, I think the jets front office and or owner told jamal they would reneg his contract.  When they decide not to reneg right now he will bleat like a sheep.

13 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Rodney Harrison says hello.

nice try though

Rodney Harrison was a fifth round draft pick who had ten INTs in his first three seasons despite not starting a single game until his third season. The Pats picked him up as a bargain basement free agent to replace Lawyer Milloy, who they cut because they didn’t want to spend big money on a strong safety. Rodney Harrison is a perfect example of why you don’t pay strong safeties, because there are good ones on the street every year

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, choon328 said:

"Franchise LT's" is debatable. None of these guys are sure fire top of the draft franchise LT's like Brick was. 

Brick did turn out to be a great player.   

Not so much during his rookie season.  i remember he couldn't keep his weight above 290, and gave up 10 sacks as a rookie.  Everyone was calling him a bust, and wanted to cut him.  LOL

Once he figured out how to keep the weight on he was great

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Name 5 Strong Safeties rated better.

you draft in the 1st round with the DREAM of getting a top 5 guy but knowing chances are you will not

A top five strong safety isn’t that big a deal. There are only two real strong safeties left in football who run under a 4.6, with the other being Derwin James, who’s better than Jamal.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodney Harrison was a fifth round draft pick who had ten INTs in his first three seasons despite not starting a single game until his third season. The Pats picked him up as a bargain basement free agent to replace Lawyer Milloy, who they cut because they didn’t want to spend big money on a strong safety. Rodney Harrison is a perfect example of why you don’t pay strong safeties, because there are good ones on the street every year

Thanks for helping prove yourself wrong and walking right into the trap.

The Pats let Milloy walk at 30 years old AFTER making him the highest paid Safety in the NFL

You guys are delusional. The Pats even paid their star safety. Keep trying though it’s fun to watch you try to explain why they should get high draft picks for a guy who sucks.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A top five strong safety isn’t that big a deal. There are only two real strong safeties left in football who run under a 4.6, with the other being Derwin James, who’s better than Jamal.

So what were you hoping when he was drafted? Don’t cop out and say you didn’t want him, seriously what was the best outcome that he was average enough not to demand a contract?

The reason you do not pay Jamal Adams is that as the Jets get better he will be less effective and thus the 17 mill you pay him will be a bad deal whether you can afford it or not.

He gets to make a lot of splashy plays because he is given a rare amount of freedom to make plays and he gambles.

When we get a true pass rushing OLB Jamal will sack and rush the QB a whole lot less and be asked to cover a lot more, he is not going to be poaching at the line two out of three plays.

You give up two big things on D if your safety is at the line most of the time.  The ability to help out CBs when they need it.  The exposure of ilbs to guys they should never be covering.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Thanks for helping prove yourself wrong and walking right into the trap.

The Pats let Milloy walk at 30 years old AFTER making him the highest paid Safety in the NFL

You guys are delusional. The Pats even paid their star safety. Keep trying though it’s fun to watch you try to explain why they should get high draft picks for a guy who sucks.

Milloy was making $4.5 million per season and Belichick wanted to give him three million.

As much as (Belichick) liked Milloy personally … he didn't like the way the numbers sat on the salary cap. He wasn't thrilled with the '02 production, either, but he could accept it if it were next to a cap number different from $4.5 million. Belichick had thought about it the entire offseason. Once, during a draft meeting, scout Tom Dimitroff made a comment about the big plays he'd seen Milloy make in '02. "I'd like you to come up with some examples," the coach said. "I can't think of any."

Belichick thought about it in March when the Patriots signed former Chargers safety Rodney Harrison, and he continued to think about it in April when safety Tebucky Jones was dealt to the Saints. He wanted the team to negotiate with Milloy's agent, Carl Poston. If they could work out a deal that would give Milloy around $3 million per season, that would be OK.“