One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Random Jamal Adams note, per

: Since entering the league in 2017, he ranks in top 5 in snaps, tackles, sacks and forced fumbles among DBs. He’s first in sacks (12), T-2nd forced fumbles (6). #Jets

They forgot to include that he also ranks

#1 in Tackles for loss

and

#1 in QB hits as well. 

Dude is reinventing his position. Generational Player. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Lets give this guy away for just a mid-first rounder.  You people are clueless. 

Tackles, sacks, forced fumbles. It’s almost like you’re talking about a very small ILB, which you are. His stats are skewed because he plays around the LOS 90% of the time. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Tackles, sacks, forced fumbles. It’s almost like you’re talking about a very small ILB, which you are. His stats are skewed because he plays around the LOS 90% of the time. 

So Jamal is the new Tiny Linebacker?

No wonder we traded Lee for pennies!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Minor detail....Tom Brady. And he's Belichik not Gase/Douglas. But don't let small points get in the way.

Think again.  

At the time all that went down, Brady was not even within a whiff of being the Goat yet, and Belicheck actually had a worse career than Gase did at that point in time.Brady didn't elevate to pro bowl level until year and Belicheck had a worse career winning % than Gase did at that point of their respective careers. 

So those are not "small points" as you say. You dont have any idea if Gase/Douglas will turn out to be good. For all the hopelessness and doom and gloom half of you have, for all you know you could literally be witnessing the birth of our dynasty right now. 

The Patriots fans in the year 1999/2000 probably felt the same way. 

Belicheck had a losing record as the HC of Cleveland years prior, was just a "hot" defensive coordinator name, and nobody knew who Tom Brady was. Belicheck ran one draft and then went 5-11. Then ran another and won the SuperBowl. 

Joe Douglas hasnt even had a chance to make a single draft pick yet. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He doesn't play @ the LOS 90% of the time. That's a lie. 

He plays every position on Defense outside of D-Line and roams the entire field quite like no other. 

Jamal Adams is way more versatile than "just an OLB pass rusher". 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He doesn't play @ the LOS 90% of the time. That's a lie. 

He plays every position on Defense outside of D-Line and roams the entire field quite like no other. 

Jamal Adams is way more versatile than "just an OLB pass rusher". 

I never lie, Gene.

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Think again.  

At the time all that went down, Brady was not even within a whiff of being the Goat yet, and Belicheck actually had a worse career than Gase did at that point in time.Brady didn't elevate to pro bowl level until year and Belicheck had a worse career winning % than Gase did at that point of their respective careers. 

So those are not "small points" as you say. You dont have any idea if Gase/Douglas will turn out to be good. For all the hopelessness and doom and gloom half of you have, for all you know you could literally be witnessing the birth of our dynasty right now. 

The Patriots fans in the year 1999/2000 probably felt the same way. 

Belicheck had a losing record as the HC of Cleveland years prior, was just a "hot" defensive coordinator name, and nobody knew who Tom Brady was. Belicheck ran one draft and then went 5-11. Then ran another and won the SuperBowl. 

Joe Douglas hasnt even had a chance to make a single draft pick yet. 

Sorry, not buying what you're selling. The Jets have 3 proven, top level NFL ... Lev Bell, CJ and Jamaal. Everyone else is a wannabe. I love Sam and believe he is destined for great things but to date....crickets.

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I understand your view. I think Jamal is good for culture - just as Greg Williams is good for culture. And I think culture in sports, or in any group/team endeavor, is important. 

Most assets in life have to have a price. Not your woman, your family or franchise quarterback, but just about anything else should have a price.

I'm a big Liverpool FC fan, and I hated when they sold Coutinho... and then they flipped that money into the best goalkeeper and central defender in the world and completely overhauled their team by turning a weakness into a strength.

Yes, you have to have confidence in your ability to scout talent, and yes, if it's Mac drafting, I'm not moving Jamal. But it's not. And while I enjoy watching Jamal play, and it's nothing personal about his play or attitude, he simply is not as important has having a potent offense around your franchise quarterback. 

That's why I have a price - a steep one, out of respect for the player and his abilities - but a price nonetheless. 1 + 3 this year. 

Well.  I very much respect your opinion.  But maybe my POV can be related from the point of being huge Man City fan.  Since if I were to think about replacing Aguero or KDB... I would get desperate since all I have are memories of Richard Dunne and Martin Petrov.  I wouldn't think another legacy of Kenny Daglish, Steven Gerrard or John Barnes was around the corner.  Since I don't have a memory of winning CL cups to fall back on. And for me, the Jets having a star player on the roster is always something to look forward too.  Our stabs at greatness and great players have been few and far between.  It's hard to let go of anybody that good when you have them.  Although, I get the point in making a trade for a player you can replace when you are at dealing from a position of strength.  The Yankees traded Roberto Kelly for Paul O'Neill and it kicked off them being relevant again.  But... they had Bernie Williams in the minors waiting.  So, it was a bit different. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

And we've shown the ability to do that... when?

Riddle me this. 

Would you rather continue doing what we have done for 20 years? 

(Hand out huge contracts to the few superstars that we come across, and then regret those contracts? Then dump boatloads into FA? and never get any comp picks?) And still suck. 

Or

Try a different approach that we have all unfortunately witness with our biggest rival? 

(Flip good players for lottery picks to find a larger amount of good players in positions of need yearly, let overrated FAs walk, then reap boatloads of comp picks) And form a dynasty and when 6 Superbowls?

Honest question. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Sorry, not buying what you're selling. The Jets have 3 proven, top level NFL ... Lev Bell, CJ and Jamaal. Everyone else is a wannabe. I love Sam and believe he is destined for great things but to date....crickets.

I'm not selling you anything. I'm telling you what actually happened in history. It's up to you if you want to have a revisionist mindset about how the Patriots dynasty came to be. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A starting QB goes for two firsts, minimum. If Jamal Adams wasn’t a Jet and the team that drafted him called you and offered Adams to you for the #11 pick, would you make that deal?

If Bill Parcells were here, he'd slap you in the face!

I want Jamal to be traded just for the raw entertainment it would provide these forums. It would be amazing, lol.

Way more entertainment than watching Jamal rack up his TFL's and pressures, that all become meaningless the moment one of his safety blitzes don't get there and the secondary is roasted.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Riddle me this. 

Would you rather continue doing what we have done for 20 years? 

(Hand out huge contracts to the few superstars that we come across, and then regret those contracts? Then dump boatloads into FA? and never get any comp picks?) And still suck. 

Or

Try a different approach that we have all unfortunately witness with our biggest rival? 

(Flip good players for lottery picks to find a larger amount of good players in positions of need yearly, let overrated FAs walk, then reap boatloads of comp picks) And form a dynasty and when 6 Superbowls?

Honest question. 

The Jets have to be able to maintain a level of constant play to do that.  Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NE... they all have a FO with the experience and player evaluations to be able to do that.  IF we had decent roster retention for 5 years of draft picks, I'd say go for it.  Because we'd know who was essential and wasn't.  But our roster is a mess right now.  You can't plan finding good players from lottery.... when there's no history of doing that.  You have to prove you can win with what you have first.  There's no logical conclusion you'll even make a playoff birth unless you work to constantly evolve the roster.  The key players the coaching staff has built relationships with. 

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The Jets have to be able to maintain a level of constant play to do that.  Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NE... they all have a FO with the experience and player evaluations to be able to do that.  IF we had decent roster retention for 5 years of draft picks, I'd say go for it.  Because we'd know who was essential and wasn't.  But our roster is a mess right now.  You can't plan finding good players from lottery.... when there's no history of doing that.  You have to prove you can win with what you have first.  There's no logical conclusion you'll even make a playoff birth unless you work to constantly evolve the roster.  The key players the coaching staff has built relationships with. 

I understand that, but again that process HAS to begin somewhere and the argument is that trading Jamal helps jumpstart the process and possibly expedite it. 

Go talk about trading away C.J Mosley, Quinnen Williams, Marcus Maye or even Bell (I love all 4 too) in order to build your O-Line but Jamal Adams is untouchable. 

And PS: lol if Joe Douglas as a former offensive lineman himself MUST A.) Trade his best player and B.) Must go O-Line 1st overall he must REALLY SUCK as an offensive line evaluator lol. 

Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams are two players you BUILD BOTH OF YOUR OFFENSE AND DEFENSE AROUND

Not "trade away for more pics". 

Thank GOD I have JD as my Jets GM instead of clueless posters; or else Jamal Adams would already be a Dallas Cowboy hahahahahahaha 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

No. There is <50% chance of a first time GM being a star, or even good.

As it stands right now. Actual mathematical odds would lay at 50/50 even.

That less than 50% chance would only be based off of other GMs track records. Everyone is different, and outliers happen. There is nothing saying that he will/wont succeed until after we witness his draft. 

Optimist vs Pessimist argument, and I hate it because this forum forces my natural pessimistic nature to be optimistic, just from the sheer amount of people on here that give up so quickly. 

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I understand that, but again that process HAS to begin somewhere and the argument is that trading Jamal helps jumpstart the process and possibly expedite it. 

The process begins with the getting lucky on the George Fants and the Patrick Onwausors.  And by getting a 5th rounder that turns into a league starter, is tendered an offer that leads to another pick and is released.  That's when it happens.  Until those little deals bear fruit... all the rest of this roster hand ringing is just idle banter.

12 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Well.  I very much respect your opinion.  But maybe my POV can be related from the point of being huge Man City fan.  Since if I were to think about replacing Aguero or KDB... I would get desperate since all I have are memories of Richard Dunne and Martin Petrov.  I wouldn't think another legacy of Kenny Daglish, Steven Gerrard or John Barnes was around the corner.  Since I don't have a memory of winning CL cups to fall back on. And for me, the Jets having a star player on the roster is always something to look forward too.  Our stabs at greatness and great players have been few and far between.  It's hard to let go of anybody that good when you have them.  Although, I get the point in making a trade for a player you can replace when you are at dealing from a position of strength.  The Yankees traded Roberto Kelly for Paul O'Neill and it kicked off them being relevant again.  But... they had Bernie Williams in the minors waiting.  So, it was a bit different. 

Ahh, understand the KDB, Aguero points - but to me, they’d be(along with TAA and Salah) in the Darnold category. Untouchables. 

Jamal is in that next tier for me - I’d consider it, but only for a steep price. 

To your point about the Yankees? I think this draft has the players at the premium positions of need that we’re weak at. For me at least, if I came out of the first, after trading Jamal for a 1 and a 3, with say CeeDee and Josh Jones - id feel like I got something analogous to Bernie in the minors. 

We’ll just have to see how this plays out over the next week - but there is absolutely a scenario where we trade him and I’m pissed about either the compensation or the players we selected with that draft capital. 

I’m not in the “we must trade Jamal” camp either - it all depends on the deal. I want premium picks in this years draft because I think this class is tailor made for our needs. We’ll see and we’ll have more to discuss a week from today. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

The entire offense is in Flux besides Darnold. Paying Adams can impede on them trying to upgrade the offensive line or the WR position next FA period if they still need to.  That $17 million can be used to address holes on the offensive side of the ball. You say $17 million is nothing but in reality it could mean the difference between them bringing in the top Guard on the market next year or another playmaker for Darnold. Adams replacement can be had for 1/3 the amount and be a little less productive. 

Is that what happened this season when we couldn't get Conklin? Is that what happened last year when we threw a to of cash at Mosley? The year before? When has been the last time the Jets were not able to get the high priced FA they wanted merely because of one high priced contract? In theory, yes, it means you have X amount of extra money but in reality its not quite so simple. 

And Adams is not going to be so easily replaced. He does a lot more than what comes up on paper. And what does come up on paper is pretty darn impressive. But his versatility and defensive instincts cannot be easily replaced. 

Question:

Why is Jamal Adams still a Jet and not a Cowboy?

Answer:

Because my dude Joe Douglas told Jerry Jones NO for my boy #33

LolahhhhhhahahhahaHAHAHAHA

@ YOU GUYS 

l3itq3kixhkfudyv9wr0.thumb.jpeg.7f22940c21696376ea834541ecbc9b90.jpeg

The same Jerry Jones who wasted his 1st rounders on

Troy Aikman,

Emmitt Smith,

Michael Irvin,

Russell Maryland,

DeMarcus Ware, 

Dez Bryant,

Tyron Smith,

Travis Frederick,

Zack Martin,

Ezekiel Elliott

Just felt that my boy Jamal Adams was WORTHY (like James) of wasting another Dallas Cowboys 1st round + 3rd on;

Before being rejected Dikembe Mutombo style by my GM Joe Douglas!!!!

@ YOU GUYS 

Because ME (DWC), Jerry Jones and Joe Douglas are all on the SAME PAGE and...

You guys aren't.

and I'm getting all of my last laughs in @ the same time (while pissing you off)

@ YOU GUYS 

Haha

29 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Way more entertainment than watching Jamal rack up his TFL's and pressures, that all become meaningless the moment one of his safety blitzes don't get there and the secondary is roasted.

This cannot be understated.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

As it stands right now. Actual mathematical odds would lay at 50/50 even.

That less than 50% chance would only be based off of other GMs track records. Everyone is different, and outliers happen.

What? NFL GM is a tough job. Most (as in more than 50%) do not succeed, meaning not in the position for 5 years.

Just now, jgb said:

What? NFL GM is a tough job. Most (as in more than 50%) do not succeed, meaning not in the position for 5 years.

Yes that may be for an overall % of GMs. But when viewed as an individual person, the man has a mathematical 50/50 chance of being good or bad until he actually performs his first draft. 

When he performs the first draft, then the odds will begin to change either good or bad. 

image.jpeg.3990a46e057920c74c5cf4bb48c75936.jpeg

Instead of trying to run my All-Rookie, two x Pro Bowler and two time All Pro after only 3 years out of town..

Maybe you little geniuses should all should go and spend your $$$ on another Adam Gase 1-7 BILLBOARD begging to FIRE Joe Douglas for telling Jerry Jones NO for your little 1st and 3rd round pick(s). 

gaseign.jpg.1bdf1f4bdffa641ff2554422541c68ea.jpg

Hahahahaha @ you fake Computer GMs (go to sleep tools)!

2949.thumb.jpeg.e8ab1d2ac85f383b1b233c7cc1c165dc.jpeg

Don't you dare blame #33 for being a Jet. 

Blame YOUR GM Joe Douglas. 

New-York-wants-Jamal-Adams-to-be-a-_Jet-for-life_-per-GM-Joe-Douglas.thumb.jpg.2d5b26fe3b161d8622952326b7c98b21.jpg

It's his fault #33 is still a JET. 

And I've been enjoying every second of it (while lol HAHA @ YOU @ the same time)!!!!

nfl-nfl-pro-bowl-orlando-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10075389z.thumb.jpg.4118f10fc8d1418b123afa23e065e2db.jpg

Loving it!

NFL-Pro-Bowl-7c81938e8799ac1883e1464df152d4a5.webp

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes that may be for an overall % of GMs. But when viewed as an individual person, the man has a mathematical 50/50 chance of being good or bad until he actually performs his first draft. 

When he performs the first draft, then the odds will begin to change either good or bad. 

Statistics not your strong suit, eh?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You have to build through the draft.  I'll take the unknown over the known.  I'll also trust that Douglas knows what he's doing with his picks, because what option do we have otherwise? 

We've sucked before Jamal and we've sucked with Jamal.  We've also taken defensive players with 10 of the last 11 first rounders we've had, so I want the flexibility to take as many offensive players as possible in the draft.

In short, it's time for something different.  

He has 8 picks. Let’s see what he does with them before trading a pro bowler for more lotto tickets. It’s not about Jamal per se, I’m fine with trading him for equal value in established players.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

He has 8 picks. Let’s see what he does with them before trading a pro bowler for more lotto tickets. It’s not about Jamal per se, I’m fine with trading him for equal value in established players.

If Douglas fails with these 8 picks your solution is what?  Firing him and letting the Johnson's hire another one?

Established players is a nice thought, until you realize the teams with players worth trading AND willing to trade for Adams (IE contenders) are far more willing to give up picks than players.  That's a dead end route.

If JD fails we're screwed until the Johnsons die or sell the team.  Going all in on the draft with JD is the only solution that makes any sense.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If Douglas fails with these 8 picks your solution is what?  Firing him and letting the Johnson's hire another one?

Draft is a crapshoot. If you want to trade a valuable asset get value for him.