One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  Its not.  

The only teams that will be willing to trade for Adams will be contenders.  IE teams not willing to part with established talent.

Then don’t trade him. Finally we agree.

Just now, jgb said:

Then don’t trade him. Finally we agree.

Trade him for picks.  Contenders think they need a luxury player like Adams.  We don't, and need picks to build an offense.  

Don't be a stubborn mule.  There's a package of picks you'd be willing to accept for Adams.  We just disagree on where the middle ground is.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trade him for picks.  Contenders think they need a luxury player like Adams.  We don't, and need picks to build an offense.  

Don't be a stubborn mule.  There's a package of picks you'd be willing to accept for Adams.  We just disagree on where the middle ground is.  

Yes 3 first rounders to mitigate the bust risk. And that’s still a low offer. Less than 33% of first rounders make a single pro bowl in their careers.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes 3 first rounders to mitigate the bust risk. And that’s still a low offer. Less than 33% of first rounders make a single pro bowl in their careers.

46 % of the drafted players in the Hall of Fame were 1st round picks.  

And Jamal isn't going to be one of them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

46 % of the Hall of Fame is made up of 1st round picks.  

And Jamal isn't going to be one of them.

And Brady was picked in the sixth. Trade all picks for 6ths rounders!

And Jamal’s chance to make HOF is higher than any player to be selected at a specific spot in round 1 of the draft.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, the lone QB anomaly in NFL history, taken by a cheating organization, and that's a reason to not value draft picks.

Worthless take right there.

Only to someone who simplifies the other position to avoid tangling with the unassailable core of the argument.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So Jamal is the new Tiny Linebacker?

No wonder we traded Lee for pennies!

Lee was traded for pennies. 

JD told Jerry no for 1st and 3rd rounders. 

Jamal Adams is an All-Rookie (Lee wasn't).

Jamal Adams is a Pro Bowl stud (Lee wasn't).

Jamal Adams is a 1st-Team All-Pro (Lee never can be). 

865930_1.jpg.aacdc55986e0a7dda029a0306d8cb2ab.jpg

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only to someone who simplifies the other position to avoid tangling with the unassailable core of the argument.

The core of the argument is we're going nowhere if we build around Jamal Adams.  If he was capable of moving the needle, he'd have done so already, and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Building around Darnold (or whatever young QB we end up with down the road) with draft choices is the only way to build. 

Look at the Chiefs roster.  The Ravens roster.  Built thru the draft.

The draft provides young, cheap talent.  And 1st rounders are under team control for 5 years.

The core of the argument is we're going nowhere if we build around Jamal Adams.  If he was capable of moving the needle, he'd have done so already, and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Building around Darnold (or whatever young QB we end up with down the road) with draft choices is the only way to build. 

The draft provides young, cheap talent.  And 1st rounders are under team control for 5 years.

No no and again no.

uh oh oops GIF by Boomerang Official

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

No no and again no.

uh oh oops GIF by Boomerang Official

There's not a single thing in my above post that is indisputable.  History is on my side.  

No successful team has been built, financially or emotionally, around a SS.

Every successful team builds through the draft.

The league has never been more pro-Offense.

My take is logical.  Yours is based on an a viewpoint that anticipates nearly every draft pick will fail, and thus is an emotional one.  And I get it.  I was here when Macc was too.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

image.jpeg.3990a46e057920c74c5cf4bb48c75936.jpeg

Instead of trying to run my All-Rookie, two x Pro Bowler and two time All Pro after only 3 years out of town..

Maybe you little geniuses should all should go and spend your $$$ on another Adam Gase 1-7 BILLBOARD begging to FIRE Joe Douglas for telling Jerry Jones NO for your little 1st and 3rd round pick(s). 

gaseign.jpg.1bdf1f4bdffa641ff2554422541c68ea.jpg

Hahahahaha @ you fake Computer GMs (go to sleep tools)!

2949.thumb.jpeg.e8ab1d2ac85f383b1b233c7cc1c165dc.jpeg

Don't you dare blame #33 for being a Jet. 

Blame YOUR GM Joe Douglas. 

New-York-wants-Jamal-Adams-to-be-a-_Jet-for-life_-per-GM-Joe-Douglas.thumb.jpg.2d5b26fe3b161d8622952326b7c98b21.jpg

It's his fault #33 is still a JET. 

And I've been enjoying every second of it (while lol HAHA @ YOU @ the same time)!!!!

nfl-nfl-pro-bowl-orlando-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10075389z.thumb.jpg.4118f10fc8d1418b123afa23e065e2db.jpg

Loving it!

NFL-Pro-Bowl-7c81938e8799ac1883e1464df152d4a5.webp 34.78 kB · 0 downloads

Quoted for Truth

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

There's not a single thing in my above post that is indisputable.  History is on my side.  

My take is logical.  Yours is based on an a viewpoint that anticipates nearly every draft pick will fail, and thus is an emotional one.  And I get it.  I was here when Macc was too.

If you prefer to make both sides of the argument, you don’t need me for that. Misrepresenting my position because you can’t refute the actual one is a solo sport. Have at it.

happy surprise GIF by jamfactory

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is it not possible to build an offense and keep Jamal? 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

The dump Jamal crew has gotten very emotionally invested in their position. 

Maybe because the opposing argument is a no-win situation?  Forfeiting the picks we could get for him AND entertaining a $17M per extension is a lot closer to going full Redskins (Landon Collins) than going full Ravens/Chiefs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Statistics not your strong suit, eh?

I'm perfectly fine with statistics. You're only viewing it from a tiny little angle though.

You're viewing his chances based off of the history of other peoples choices and failure/success rate at the position of GM, I completely get what you're saying, anybody would. 

But when viewed from the perspective of just the man, and not his peers. He has a 50/50 good or bad chance as it currently stands until the minute his first pick is in, then you can fold in other statistics based off of his performed decision making.

Example, you are standing at a stop sign and can go only east or west, to get to your destination. The East road has a broken down bridge 10 miles down that you cannot see. While you're standing at the sign you have a 50/50 chance of choosing the right route. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pittsburgh Steelers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I'm perfectly fine with statistics. You're only viewing it from a tiny little angle though.

You're viewing his chances based off of the history of other peoples choices and failure/success rate at the position of GM, I completely get what you're saying, anybody would. 

But when viewed from the perspective of just the man, and not his peers. He has a 50/50 good or bad chance as it currently stands until the minute his first pick is in, then you can fold in other statistics based off of his performed decision making.

Example, you are standing at a stop sign and can go only east or west, to get to your destination. The East road has a broken down bridge 10 miles down that you cannot see. While you're standing at the sign you have a 50/50 chance of choosing the right route. 

Sorry but you are wrong. That’s not how probabilities work.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

After this post I will drop the mic on your ass 

Stop including Jamal Adams in your fantasy football trade scenarios - When you obviously have no idea what you're even talking about (to begin with) because your post(s) such as this one above just goes to show how much you really (do not even) know to begin with (so please, stop). 

Directed towards and @ all 4 of your section(s). 

1.) Not capable of moving the needle?

All-Rookie selection

(selected by professional writers)

disagrees with you.

DLT8nIUXUAEHEvd.thumb.jpg.467b42f03ae581266cf8a2b11b36eeb1.jpg

Two Pro Bowl selections

(selected by NFL fan votes around the Nation)

NY fans voted for and voted him in 

completely disagrees with you. 

nfl-nfl-pro-bowl-orlando-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10075389z.jpg

i.thumb.jpeg.02c1b0e7540eb188def6b62ec54a8395.jpeg

(Jet fans who have asked for, complained about, begged for and craved any type of pass rush dating back to 2005 Abraham

disagrees with you.

"Doesn't move the needle".

Jamal-Adams-1024x575.thumb.png.45052218c81624baab7c33d07b3e3c6f.png

ECbzY-fWsAEwKrd.thumb.jpg.79d5c0a4a96796740928665c8b3a7f05.jpg

1863738113_DuS8cDxWwAAWAUu(1).thumb.jpg.0aeb648862ecd3e3a31c64f211cdea92.jpg

The same (exact) clueless one's (today) who labeled Jamal Adams a non impact type of box safety dating back to before his rookie season of 2017... 

Are still the same (exact) clueless ones who've label him as being a non impact box safety and/or just a Strong Safety (still to this day) grain of salt. 

They really know nothing about him (outside of Twitter).

They've been wrong about him since dating back to day one.

(DWC) knows better than to believe them (just like 2009/2010).

Jamal #33 Adams has been special since dating back to, day one.

High School:

Adams was rated by Scout.com as a five star recruit coming out of High School - (Texas) - Jerry Jones territory.

Ranked among the top ten overall recruits within the entire Country- High School Football athletics)

NCAA:

He committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football.

Second-team All-SEC (2015)

Second-team All-American (2016)

First-team All-SEC (2016)

NFL Draft: 2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6
PFWA All-Rookie Team (2017)

Pro Bowl (2018, 2019 1x co-M.V.P)

Second-team All-Pro (2018)

First-team All-Pro (2019) (First Jet since #24 Darrelle Revis)

Just led a top 10 Defense (2019).

Only a 3 year player.

D-4U_ONWkAE7xwz.thumb.jpg.3012b7bf32f71458c96f85c9ba08d31c.jpg

Jets_S_Duo-1024x576.thumb.png.2adb8d1e37895a2d9a4736b738f8bf99.png

6x1axsans4141.thumb.jpg.36e6d71c7382e9baa4f91c05faaff633.jpg

Marcus Maye also disagrees with you

(friend of Jamal's since high school and both wanted to play NCAA together heading into (LSU/FL).

Not moving the needle?

Jamal Adams was already voted by the people as a top 30ish NFL impact Player

and this (below) was only his ranking even before ever heading into his 2019 First-team All-Pro breakout season of last year

Not able to move the needle?

Two All Pro honors

(professional sports writers from all over America) all disagree with you (as do I)

lw3pp6pfsu0zixvcnua6.thumb.jpeg.f752ef93d4cd09993fa1671b21cbe14f.jpeg

Doesn't move the needles?

Jerry Jones offering his 1st Round Draft Pick for the right to Jamal Adams (his Texas kid)

(in search of his next Darren Woodson type of Super Bowl Winning Strong Safety)

And because of your smart NFL GM in Joe Douglas telling him NO...

Jamal Adams is still a Jet 

(meaning that both Jerry Jones and Joe Douglas)

completely disagreed with you. 

jones-jerry072716-getty-ftrjpg_ag9tjf249j1m1n4oapieyegcn.thumb.jpg.5db1cb611679a9aded6adcd179cf6a7d.jpg

s-l300.jpg.7e46cb091817183d6a9b7ed2c05922e4.jpg

image.jpeg.fc9fc1355df5fdd275533e882b26aef4.jpeg

Jerry

Darren

DWC

and

Joe blow

all four of us disagreed with your expertise regarding Adams of the SS position 

Doesn't move the needle? 

jamal_adams-1.thumb.jpg.05e8a255c3ae5beda3c0b9843387e4ad.jpg

Already mentioned alongside of Victor Green

as the greatest Jets Safety of All-Time

disagrees with you 

2.)

Sam Darnold won't become the only Jets player to get paid

(salary cap is currently @ $200,000,000)

our future O-lineman drafted will all be on ROOKIE DEALS,

Woody Johnson has $200M in cap space (and he can share).

It's 2020 and you're allowed to pay multiple superstars

And Dude!!!

3.)

The Kansas City Chiefs did not DRAFT their starting All-Pro SAFETY

Tyrann Mathieu

(2019 All-Pro)

The only Kansans City All-Pro Defender

Their Defensive leader from the Safety Position

(He finished only behind Jamal Adams for All-Pro 1st-team honors).

Wanted to talk about their ROSTER?

Or was that just another"JAMAL ADAMS LIE"...

Tryann Mathieu is their All-Star Safety and wasn't drafted by KC. 

Anthony Hitchens and Damien Wilson were KC's two leading tacklers (@LB) and weren't drafted by KC.

Frank Clark led KC in tackles for loss (LOS) as their prized FA, #1 in fumbles forced, #2 in Sacks but wasn't drafted by K.C. 

Bashaud Breeland is their starting CB and wasn't drafted by KC  (15 starts, 2019). 

Sammy Watkins was not drafted by KC and is their starting #2 WR. 

McCoy, Williams and/or Ware were not drafted by K.C (their top 3 RB's).

Austin Reiter KC's starting Center wasn't drafted by KC either.

Mitchell Schwartz there All-Pro Tackle wasn't drafted by K.C neither.

Etc, etc. 

ANDY REID

even their own Head Coach

(the one who made it all possible for Mahomes to win in KC)

Is not a house hold K.C homegrown name. 

4.)

You know nothing about Jamal Adams

and/or

the KC Chiefs

and/or

Jerry Jones

and/or

Joe Douglas

so plz stop including Jamal Adams within your fantasy football trade packages

as JD has already told you...

NO

And I've just painted you a picture

of what impact really looks like

along with pictures and videos

types of sing-along's

in order to hush you up and put you to sleep...

2949.thumb.jpeg.a986045509373f8d9f5a92e20b29c733.jpeg

And you're right 

(only about one aspect of your post)

We can keep Jamal Adams this year for cheap throughout 2020

(on a rookie contract that you were referring to)

We'll also have a 5th year team option for Jamal come 2021

And then we'll be able to hit him with a FRANCHISE TAG come 2022.

(all while our future draft picks on O-Line/WR will be on cheap rookie deals)

(before both of Le'Veon Bell & C.J Mosley's monster contract's fall off the books)

Before signing both Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams long team by 2023.

5.)

365912529_tenor(3).gif.a79c2326d1d4a04cf4c7b260c99a5288.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sorry but you are wrong. That’s not how probabilities work.

You can keep saying that all you want, doesnt mean you're right. It is how probability works, but again, you're only thinking of one scenario of a math problem. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You can keep saying that all you want, doesnt mean you're right. It is how probability works, but again, you're only thinking of one scenario of a math problem. 

Actually, it does. But this is as fruitless as explaining the sky is blue to someone who is convinced otherwise. It is simply beyond dispute. I’ll let you have the last word since I know you can’t resist. Bedtime for me!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm all for trading Adams if he doesn't want to be here and the return is good.

But the "no team ever SS yada yada" is not true.  Is it common?  Probably not. But it's hyperbole to say it's never happened.  If your argument is based on logic, don't throw out such certainties.  The Steelers absolutely built around Polamalu(along with Big Ben).  In 2007 the Steelers signed Polamalu to the richest extension in franchise history. They won the Superbowl in 08-09.  

No disagreements on most of the other stuff.