One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

4 minutes ago, slats said:

PFT is starting to push the narrative that the salary cap could make a move down next year if the virus forces the cancellation of games or games are played in front of empty stadiums. Probably not the best time to draw up the richest strong safety contract in league history. 

Pft also pushed the narrative the draft would be postponed . How that work out ? 

• Haha 1

Even if you’re in favor of keeping Adams, why the rush to re-sign him?
He’s still under contract for two more years and the Jets can franchise him for two years after that.
And safety happens to be one of the few positions where the tag isn’t astronomical.
Personally, I’d trade him to a team like Dallas in a heartbeat if they offer up a 1st and 3rd.
Grab the best available OT and WR at #11 and #17, then you still have four more picks within the first 3 rounds alone to add a CB, EDGE, another OL and a RB.
Trading away Jamal could provide the Jets with the assets to potentially forego an extra year or two in the rebuilding process.
I’d gladly trade away a very good SS in order to put our young QB in the best possible position to succeed.

K.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

Im done.  Trade him.  Get 17 and grab Jeudy and Josh Jones

Jeudy and Jones works.

Thomas and Jefferson (sound more like an actual President than Prez).

Thomas and Ruiz. 

Trade down with Atlanta...Jones and Ruiz, plus four third round picks 68, 78, 79 and 82. ?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, he needs to be on a zoom call instead of just continuing his workouts.

Would love to see how many vets dial in.  And check out like I did on so many lame conference calls 

The intrigue is mostly about the timing. Bell might not attend the Skype call but there’s no announcement or leak. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sitting out the OS program isn't really a big deal.  

Having your reps leak to the media few days before the draft that you plan on sitting after having friends leak that you'd love to play in Dallas?  That is.

Gave up and illusions of being a leader with his in-season tantrum over trade talks and these antics aren't going to go over well with Gase.

I'd say there's about a 20% chance of Adams returning.

i really hope Douglas isn't letting Gase dictate what players he signs and doesn't. I'm also sure Gregg Williams would have a substantial say in the potential trade of Jamal.

• Upvote 1

Let me tell you something, MAN. This guy is the self proclaimed leader of this team and for him to forego anything team related, even voluntary programs speaks volumes of his commitment to this team. He is a narcissistic egomaniac who many on here realized already. What he is going to do now is devalue his value to try to get paid what he wants. JD should have traded him already, but now it is imperative to get something for him before the draft. The game playing has to end with this character, he isn't a Darnold, or a Brady, like he professes and he will find that out soon.

I may be one of the only few actual women on this website and I’m not a histrionic as you sad lot.

It’s a zoom meeting. He’s our best player. By trading him you’re weakening the team. But by all means...
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Pft also pushed the narrative the draft would be postponed . How that work out ? 

Wow, is a guy named Scoop shouting, "fake news!" at me? 

I hope they're wrong, but pro sports are going to open in nearly empty stadiums. That's been announced. Football is far enough away that we can hope that doesn't happen in the NFL, but that's probably too optimistic. If they play baseball this summer, there's no reason the NFL can't open on schedule - even if it is to empty houses. Obviously they'll get their TV revenue. But no tickets, no concessions, no parking money! Whatever the formula is that they use to determine the salary cap each year, that's a lot less money in the pot. If the cap doesn't go down, that will be the result of the owners' benevolence. We don't really see a lot of owner benevolence in the NFL. 

27 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Jets had no problem paying a semi washed up running back 13+ million per but won’t extend our best player

Yes, because the last GM did the good things that worked out well for the team so the new GM should continue to pay top dollar for low value positions so that all of the good results we have had keep happening.

• Upvote 2

The day that a Safety holds an organization HOSTAGE with 2 years left on his contract is the day you trade him.

KC just won a Super Bowl with a mercanary Safety in Mathieu. Mosely could do what Adams did last year! You have Maye. 

Could you imagine landing Henderson at #11, Jones at #17 & move up with one of the #3s for Mims. Henderson- Jones- Mims- Pittman (3). 

Add Griffin as the final pc in Free Agency!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, slats said:

PFT is starting to push the narrative that the salary cap could make a move down next year if the virus forces the cancellation of games or games are played in front of empty stadiums. Probably not the best time to draw up the richest strong safety contract in league history. 

Well, another factor is that all guaranteed money has to be put in escrow.   So, if he wants a deal with 60-80 million in guarantees, and the league doesn't know what it's financials will be this season, it makes signing him a bit more of a risk.

Of, Douglas is just looking to see what he can get for Jamal.   If it's a really good trade, trade him.   If not, then you can extend him in May.

14 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Adams camp leaking this to Schefter is pretty telling on how he badly he wants out. Just hoping we can trade him before he tanks his own trade value.

I don't fault Adams and his agent for playing their hand. But he really doesn't have much leverage other than twitter nonsense like this. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Wow, is a guy named Scoop shouting, "fake news!" at me? 

I hope they're wrong, but pro sports are going to open in nearly empty stadiums. That's been announced. Football is far enough away that we can hope that doesn't happen in the NFL, but that's probably too optimistic. If they play baseball this summer, there's no reason the NFL can't open on schedule - even if it is to empty houses. Obviously they'll get their TV revenue. But no tickets, no concessions, no parking money! Whatever the formula is that they use to determine the salary cap each year, that's a lot less money in the pot. If the cap doesn't go down, that will be the result of the owners' benevolence. We don't really see a lot of owner benevolence in the NFL. 

Wonder who the NFL ownership has tasked to scrub the internet of their boasts going back decades how they don't need to sell a single ticket to be very profitable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eaton Beaver said:

I see you didn't respond to anything I said. I don't care what kind of meeting it is, if you are the so called leader of the team, you attend. I know he is probably all engrossed in video games due to the pandemic, it is just a small meeting, but it shows commitment to the team, the players and the fans. If this is his way of getting and extension, he is mistaken.

it's also not like he's going to be vacationing somewhere or doing something else.  unless he's one of those idiots that travel and party during the "lockdown"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The day that a Safety holds an organization HOSTAGE with 2 years left on his contract is the day you trade him.

KC just won a Super Bowl with a mercanary Safety in Mathieu. Mosely could do what Adams did last year! You have Maye. 

Could you imagine landing Henderson at #11, Jones at #17 & move up with one of the #3s for Mims. Henderson- Jones- Mims! DAMN!

i wouldn't necessarily call not going to a virtual meeting holding the team hostage, its a bit extreme.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine landing Henderson at #11, Jones at #17 & move up with one of the #3s for Mims. Henderson- Jones- Mims! DAMN!

The KC safety who made two huge plays helping secure that super bowl was a street free agent late round pick converted CB.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets hold all the cards right now and he's coming off an All-Pro season. I believe Joe will get a huge haul for Adams between now and the virtual NFL Draft. To be frank, I'm looking forward to moving on from Adams. I believe it would be in the best interest for all parties (Jets, Jamal, and trade partner(s) to consummate a trade. 

100% agree. Time to build this team the right way.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1