One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Polamalu. Yes. The last SS a successful team built around.

Polamalu also had 5+ INT in a season 3x in his career, to go along with his ridiculous plays behind the LOS.

22523319230_d69217a9fe_b.thumb.jpg.f5ce5fcb8dac771b668717e487d046cb.jpg

Let's not talk about ridiculous play behind the LOS...

because Troy couldn't hold Jamal's jock strap once talking to me about behind the LOS in regards to...

A.) QB hits/pressure. 

B..) QB Sacks/closing ability. 

C.) Tackles for loss/impact plays (LOS). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Troy Polamalu (1st 4 years)

61 Games: 234 (solo) tackles, 34 passes defended, 10 INT's, 2 Defensive TDs, 4 Fumbles Forced, 2 Fumble Recoveries; 16 turnovers created (combined). 

7.0 sacks

2 QB hits 

19 tackles for loss (behind the Line of Scrimmage). 

4 years = 2 All-Pros and 3 Pro Bowls. 

Vs (the better one of the two)

Jamal Adams: (1st 3 years)

46 games 210 (solo) tackles, 25 passes defended, 2 INT's, 2 Defensive TD's, 6 Fumbles Forced, 4 Fumble Recoveries; 12 turnovers created (combined). 

12.0 sacks

23 QB hits

28 tackles for loss (behind the line of scrimmage. 

3 years = 2 All-Pros and 2 Pro Bowls. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see Jamal Adams after only 3 years is already a better overall impactful player than a HOF Troy Polamalu was after 4 years. 

Troy may have created more INTs (8 more) however that's all he could do better than Jamal once compared against #33 (who dominated him everywhere outside of INTs). 

Jamal averaged more passes defended per season. 

more solo tackles per season. 

more forced fumbles per season.

more fumble recoveries per season.

more QB hits per season.

more sacks per season.

more tackles for loss per season. 

lol @ you sucking off Troy Polamalu's ability to make ridiculous plays behind the LOS while forgetting one little thing... Jamal Adams is better @ it than Troy EVER was. 

Polamalu: 158 games. Career 12 sacks, 12 QB hits and 56 tackles for loss an average of 4.6 TFL per season (12 years). 

J. Adams: 46 games: Career 12 sacks, 23 QB hits and 28 tackles for loss an average of 9.3 TFL per season  (3 years). 

As you're sucking off Troy you're making Jamal look really good @ the same time (and im the one enjoying it). 

1810364876_tenor(4).gif.a17b3584b7e060cd671d47abea91b39b.gif

But don't feel bad @Jetsfan80 

Because on a (yearly average) it's not just Troy Polamalu as Jamal Adams is the greatest Defensive Back of All-Time (regardless of which DB position) regarding ridiculous plays behind the LOS (ever). 

oh-yeah-he-mad-memecrunch-com-oh-yeah-he-mad-51633153.png.c2a17fdb648b9e2789be7fb705253edf.png

You can keep your little future bust draft picks and I'll keep my future HOF Jet Legend who's already well on his way to Canton, Ohio (as you can see once being compared to Troy Polamalu ala one of the greatest). 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Darren Woodson retired 17 years ago. Quincy Carter was the QB on the last team Woodson played for.

Exactly. Proves my point . Thnx. 

Because Jerry Jones has not had himself a Defense that could win one ever since losing Darren Woodson his defensive leader @ SS throughout the 1990's (tried to trade his 1st in order to feature one again). 

How about...

1273894154_download(6).jpeg.05c9c0bd7512bd86c512ba593d628876.jpeg

Career highlights and awards

AKA the only All-Pro on KC's SB winning DEFENSE (the defensive unit that saved Patrick Mahones vs. San Francisco during the SB and won KC their Championship);

DWC. 

So much for not being allowed to win a SB led by a Franchise QB and All-Pro Safety...

(2019 KC Chiefs laughing with me & @ you).

Sorry to start another Jamal thread, but this isn't to argue the same points back and forth. As most know I am in favor of keeping Adams but if we do trade him away it would be a good idea to replace him in this draft. (although I think that is what the Logan Ryan stuff is actually about) Can we get a thread of who people think would be a good choice to replace Jamal from this draft?  

I will offer my thoughts. There is a guy who we could probably get in the 5th or 6th rd. The S from Clemson Tanner Muse. I love this guy! He would be able to provide much of what Jamal offers in the box and seems to have a good nose for the ball in coverage as well. Thoughts? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Question. Didn’t JD sign a similar player to Adams from the Ravens a couple of weeks ago. That’s why I think Jamal is a goner 

He signed Peanut...that means Avery Williamson is probably a goner, not Adams!

Though i think Adams will go anyway.

• Upvote 2

Muse is bad. Whenever Ohio State got him isolated, he was hopeless. They would have beaten Clemson if their WR ran that last route correctly. 

When the Jets trade Adams, Maye will be the strong safety and Ryan will be the Devin McCourty of this defense

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Question. Didn’t JD sign a similar player to Adams from the Ravens a couple of weeks ago. That’s why I think Jamal is a goner 

31 minutes ago, Flying High said:

He signed Peanut...that means Avery Williamson is probably a goner, not Adams!

Though i think Adams will go anyway.

Marqui Christian. He backed out of his deal, though

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

If we trade Adams for picks, I’d sign Logan for a year or two and draft someone who would be depth and eventually start

Yeah I think that's the type of player Muse is. I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as the projected starter, but he has the skillset to grow into the role in a season or two at most. He's a Football player. Gotta love having guys like that around the squad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I would replace him with Marcus Maye. Maye can play the Jamal position. I’d looked to add a FS. Ashtyn Davis if he drops to the 3rd.i don’t really know the safety class well. Maybe a Terrell Burgess fits the bill.

I would also sign Logan Ryan. 

THat's interesting. DO you seek an upgrade over Maye at FS? 

I would be concerned with Maye's injury history playing him closer to the LOS though 

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

He's a LB. Owuasar or something like that. The S Marquise Christian ended up not signing. Unless there's someone else I'm missing. We did resign S Bennet Jackson but I don't see him replacing Adams. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Muse is bad. Whenever Ohio State got him isolated, he was hopeless. They would have beaten Clemson if their WR ran that last route correctly. 

When the Jets trade Adams, Maye will be the strong safety and Ryan will be the Devin McCourty of this defense

I honestly believe that the Logan Ryan talk supports the idea of a trade even though he's a corner. Moving him to safety seems like the good move. 

You don't think muse could be a good guy to have on the squad to develop for a season or two and step in in year 3?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Marcus Maye will sprain his hammy even thinking about being a box safety.

That's what I'm thinking. We so quickly forget about his injuries. One year Ago right now he was one of the biggest question marks on the team. I would be hesitant to send him plunging into the los and taking on RB's like that. 

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Tanner is tight as a drum.   He’s better off putting on 15 pounds and becoming a ILBer.   He’s not equipped to play in the secondary in the NFL.   He can be an OK back up LBer and special teams guy, that’s probably his ceiling.  

Yeah? And what the hell do YOU know about Clemson??? HUH? ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Terrell Burgess from Utah. An aggressive former CB, he’s versatile and played the nickel LB type role a lot. Doesn’t hate contact and covers well plus he’s fast. Like Adams he can do the traditional Safety stuff but he excels all over the secondary and in nickel packages. Might creep up into the 2nd round so he’s a tricky guy to mock to us unless we trade Jamal for picks before the draft.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's what I'm thinking. We so quickly forget about his injuries. One year Ago right now he was one of the biggest question marks on the team. I would be hesitant to send him plunging into the los and taking on RB's like that. 

Not for nothing, but is this “Maye is always injured” a myth? He missed half a season his second year but played all his rookie year and last year. Sooooo

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly...both Peanut and Avery had career years, I believe, the 2018 season playing side by side.

You’re confusing Avery and Mosley. Either way we have 5 LBs who started last year on the roster and someone (Avery) Is expendable.

• Upvote 1

I must say I got this idea from another thread today regarding first round values and trading partners.

The Jets drafted Jamal #6 overall, but if all NFL teams knew ahead of time that he would be a all-pro safety, I believe he would have gone either #2 or #3 in the draft.

Assuming he were to go #3 overall, then his draft value would be 2200 points.

The Cowboys have 950 points sitting at #17 overall, so I believe it is safe to assume that the Jets would need to get back #17, next years first round pick, and this years second round pick for it to be an equal trade.

We don't know what number the Cowboys will pick next year, but it could be a higher pick or it could be a lower pick.  That't the chance that both teams need to assess.

For me, this is the minimum, and I believe it's reasonable.

Anyone suggesting that we get the Cowboys #17 and a third round pick this year then believes that Jamal doesn't deserve the reputation he has earned.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

There’s more to it than that...

1) They  now have to pay him a lot as opposed to a rookie contract.

2) He has three years left at his prime - as opposed to 6.

Jets would be crazy to turn down 1 and 3 this year.  But he’s not getting traded so I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

There’s more to it than that...

1) They  now have to pay him a lot as opposed to a rookie contract.

2) He has three years left at his prime - as opposed to 6.

Jets would be crazy to turn down 1 and 3 this year.

Joe Douglas already turned down Dallas 1st and 3rd. 

Immediately thereafter multiple reports out of Dallas stated Joe Douglas will not even listen to offers for Jamal Adams unless it's for not only two 1st's but also a 4th rounder included. 

Jamal Adams trade worth is two 1st round draft pick(s) + 4th Round Draft pick. 

And rightfully so. You do not draft a Superstar 6th over who you've developed into an All-Rookie, 2x Pro Bowler and a 2x All-Pro coming off of a First-team selection...

In order to trade him away for pennies (1st/3rd). 

lol. 

• Upvote 1