One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some buzz in Dallas about trading for Christian Kirk, which is odd considering they’ll likely be able to grab a receiver at 17....UNLRSS THEY DON’T HAVE A PICK AT 17 FOR SOME REASON. 

https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl/cowboys/news/source-dallas-cowboys-eyeing-trade-for-wrs-christian-kirk-or-marquise-goodwin

Yes please!

• Upvote 1

22523319230_d69217a9fe_b.thumb.jpg.f5ce5fcb8dac771b668717e487d046cb.jpg
Let's not talk about ridiculous play behind the LOS...
because Troy couldn't hold Jamal's jock strap once talking to me about behind the LOS in regards to...
A.) QB hits/pressure. 
B..) QB Sacks/closing ability. 
C.) Tackles for loss/impact plays (LOS). 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Troy Polamalu (1st 4 years)
61 Games: 234 (solo) tackles, 34 passes defended, 10 INT's, 2 Defensive TDs, 4 Fumbles Forced, 2 Fumble Recoveries; 16 turnovers created (combined). 
7.0 sacks
2 QB hits 
19 tackles for loss (behind the Line of Scrimmage). 
4 years = 2 All-Pros and 3 Pro Bowls. 
46 games 210 (solo) tackles, 25 passes defended, 2 INT's, 2 Defensive TD's, 6 Fumbles Forced, 4 Fumble Recoveries; 12 turnovers created (combined). 
12.0 sacks
23 QB hits
28 tackles for loss (behind the line of scrimmage. 
3 years = 2 All-Pros and 2 Pro Bowls. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see Jamal Adams after only 3 years is already a better overall impactful player than a HOF Troy Polamalu was after 4 years. 
Troy may have created more INTs (8 more) however that's all he could do better than Jamal once compared against #33 (who dominated him everywhere outside of INTs). 
Jamal averaged more passes defended per season. 
more solo tackles per season. 
more forced fumbles per season.
more fumble recoveries per season.
more QB hits per season.
more sacks per season.
more tackles for loss per season. 
lol @ you sucking off Troy Polamalu's ability to make ridiculous plays behind the LOS while forgetting one little thing... Jamal Adams is better @ it than Troy EVER was. 
Polamalu: 158 games. Career 12 sacks, 12 QB hits and 56 tackles for loss an average of 4.6 TFL per season (12 years). 
J. Adams: 46 games: Career 12 sacks, 23 QB hits and 28 tackles for loss an average of 9.3 TFL per season  (3 years). 
As you're sucking off Troy you're making Jamal look really good @ the same time (and im the one enjoying it). 
1810364876_tenor(4).gif.a17b3584b7e060cd671d47abea91b39b.gif
But don't feel bad [mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention] 
Because on a (yearly average) it's not just Troy Polamalu as Jamal Adams is the greatest Defensive Back of All-Time (regardless of which DB position) regarding ridiculous plays behind the LOS (ever). 
oh-yeah-he-mad-memecrunch-com-oh-yeah-he-mad-51633153.png.c2a17fdb648b9e2789be7fb705253edf.png
You can keep your little future bust draft picks and I'll keep my future HOF Jet Legend who's already well on his way to Canton, Ohio (as you can see once being compared to Troy Polamalu ala one of the greatest). 

IMG_5850.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Trade Adams to Dallas for their 1st and 3rd, sign Logan Ryan and Clayton Geathers, have a draft similar to this, and start the process of prospering for the next decade...

1st round: WR CeeDee Lamb - Oklahoma 

1st round: OT Mekhi Becton - Louisville 

2nd round: EDGE Terrell Lewis - Alabama 

3rd round: OT Matt Peart - Connecticut 

3rd round: WR Van Jefferson - Florida 

3rd round: OG Jonah Jackson - Ohio State 

4th round: RB Darrynton Evans - Appalachian State

5th round: EDGE Derrek Tuszka - North Dakota State 

6th round: S J.R. Reed - Georgia 

6th round: CB Nevelle Clarke - UCF

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Douglas is as old-school as we think he is, he has to do this the bull-goose loony way.

What is the bull-goose loony way? It isn't the thing you showed me in the bathroom that one time is it? If so, Douglas definitely shouldn't do that.

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2020 at 2:31 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Some Jet fans are clueless and post with cluelessness thoughts. 

I wonder why (just to name a few) SB Winners in Dallas, Tampa Bay, New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Seattle and KC didn't trade away the likes of great SS's in Darren Woodson, John Lynch, Bob Sanders, Rodney Harrison, Kam Chancellor, Troy Polamalu and Tyrann Mathieu for "more draft picks/potential busts"?

Lol these guys are absolutely clueless and don't know football that's why. 

The NFL's recent emphasis on player safety and penalizing hits on defenseless receivers has changed the value of the safety position which has been diminished from years past when WR's would fear to go over the middle.

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ap_488715903819_s2048x1364-copy.thumb.jpg.a796ece5c5e1362a6cef49c25d89dc9d.jpg

They want a 4th or 5th rounder for him? 

I'll pass and say no and invest our recourses into either offensive lineman or outside WR's. 

We've already got ourselves a special slot receiver.

A natural slot receiver and our most dangerous Jet slot receiver since dating back to Wayne Chrebet in Jamison Crowder. 

Jamison_Crowder.thumb.jpg.e4f4fcbf328a8ab73ef8b3272dfcea29.jpg

5'9/177 lbs 

cannot be stopped and can not be guarded one on one and if against zone defense he'll find our weaknesses and either attack the soft spots underneath, over the middle or down the seams. 

He's an awesome offensive weapon for Sam Darnold.

2019 as a first year Jet set a career high in receptions with 78 receptions for another 833 receiving yards and 6 TD receptions but more importantly 41 of his 78 catches were that of 1st downs; he keeps drives alive between the 20's and reminds me so much of a Chrebet/Santana type of exciting underdog. 

Darnold loves him too targeted Jamison 122 times with a 63.9% completion percentage.  

Jerry Jeudy.

Le'Veon Bell (61 receptions).

Jamison Crowder.

Chris Herndon. 

Breshad Perriman.

Cam Akers etc

and our offense is fully loaded for Sam Darnold. Behind an improved JD offensive line. We're close. 

Thnx but no thanks; Dallas can keep the slot receiver; we've got ours + picks. 

hi-res-0e5a6ba4307e95bcc599593974ee694e_crop_north.jpg.205da53313d2b85bcb0345098b244b2d.jpg

Jerry Jones rejected twice (x2). 

69406058_tenor(3).gif.0a1fb4fcf7493a10fc9e5b4ce5c52b16.gif

@T0mShane

1170206885.webp th-sep--run--

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

The NFL's recent emphasis on player safety and penalizing hits on defenseless receivers has changed the value of the safety position which has been diminished from years past when WR's would fear to go over the middle.

He doesn't play like a safety tho, he plays like a beast LINEBACKER, remember?

He's also not just a SS in a box lol he roams the entire defense and lives behind the L.O.S quite like no other ever as he's reinventing his position and has lined up everywhere on defense outside of D-Line @ outside CB (1st career int), over the middle as SS (Gronk hit), nickel back where he's ranked top 7 amongst all Safety's in coverage, outside LB rushing QBs from the outside almost set DB sack record lol MLB right up the middle (2 pt stopper vs Prescott/Dallas), deep cover zone at both FS/SS and his tackle percentage is GODLY. 

You deserve Calvin Pryor. 

We deserve #33. 

• Sympathy 1

Me too. It wasn't the shifter tweet for me. It was the Logan Ryan interest. I read that we are actively working on him. Of course it could be for CB but I don't know. It just got me thinking. I was positive JA was going to be a Jet long term until that. 
All the pining from [mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention] [mention=28594]Beerfish[/mention] and [mention=9582]T0mShane[/mention] did nothing to sway my feelings.    

I don’t care how you jump on the trade Jamal bandwagon. As long as you find your way there. Welcome home.
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

22523319230_d69217a9fe_b.thumb.jpg.f5ce5fcb8dac771b668717e487d046cb.jpg

Let's not talk about ridiculous play behind the LOS...

because Troy couldn't hold Jamal's jock strap once talking to me about behind the LOS in regards to...

A.) QB hits/pressure. 

B..) QB Sacks/closing ability. 

C.) Tackles for loss/impact plays (LOS). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Troy Polamalu (1st 4 years)

61 Games: 234 (solo) tackles, 34 passes defended, 10 INT's, 2 Defensive TDs, 4 Fumbles Forced, 2 Fumble Recoveries; 16 turnovers created (combined). 

7.0 sacks

2 QB hits 

19 tackles for loss (behind the Line of Scrimmage). 

4 years = 2 All-Pros and 3 Pro Bowls. 

Vs (the better one of the two)

Jamal Adams: (1st 3 years)

46 games 210 (solo) tackles, 25 passes defended, 2 INT's, 2 Defensive TD's, 6 Fumbles Forced, 4 Fumble Recoveries; 12 turnovers created (combined). 

12.0 sacks

23 QB hits

28 tackles for loss (behind the line of scrimmage. 

3 years = 2 All-Pros and 2 Pro Bowls. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see Jamal Adams after only 3 years is already a better overall impactful player than a HOF Troy Polamalu was after 4 years. 

Troy may have created more INTs (8 more) however that's all he could do better than Jamal once compared against #33 (who dominated him everywhere outside of INTs). 

Jamal averaged more passes defended per season. 

more solo tackles per season. 

more forced fumbles per season.

more fumble recoveries per season.

more QB hits per season.

more sacks per season.

more tackles for loss per season. 

lol @ you sucking off Troy Polamalu's ability to make ridiculous plays behind the LOS while forgetting one little thing... Jamal Adams is better @ it than Troy EVER was. 

Polamalu: 158 games. Career 12 sacks, 12 QB hits and 56 tackles for loss an average of 4.6 TFL per season (12 years). 

J. Adams: 46 games: Career 12 sacks, 23 QB hits and 28 tackles for loss an average of 9.3 TFL per season  (3 years). 

As you're sucking off Troy you're making Jamal look really good @ the same time (and im the one enjoying it). 

1810364876_tenor(4).gif.a17b3584b7e060cd671d47abea91b39b.gif

But don't feel bad @Jetsfan80 

Because on a (yearly average) it's not just Troy Polamalu as Jamal Adams is the greatest Defensive Back of All-Time (regardless of which DB position) regarding ridiculous plays behind the LOS (ever). 

oh-yeah-he-mad-memecrunch-com-oh-yeah-he-mad-51633153.png.c2a17fdb648b9e2789be7fb705253edf.png

You can keep your little future bust draft picks and I'll keep my future HOF Jet Legend who's already well on his way to Canton, Ohio (as you can see once being compared to Troy Polamalu ala one of the greatest). 

This is probably because the Steelers, during the same period of time that Polamalu played, routinely drafted excellent OLB and DE whose job it was to rush the QB, allowing Troy to play safety the right way.

Jamal sucks as a safety, and our OLB/DE suck, so using him to get to the QB is nice - but really a reflection of far greater inadequecay.

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t care how you jump on the trade Jamal bandwagon. As long as you find your way there. Welcome home.

lol. hahaha 

I didn't say I WANT it. just that it's actually looking real to me all of the sudden.  I was absolutely convinced it was a pipe dream by you guys and you're Mahomesitus, but these days it feels like something is in the air. hmmmmm ??

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

In theory yes but Adams is not going to get better, if anything he will become less effective as the team adds pieces like a legit pass rusher.

His history also suggest even if we control him for more years he will start lamenting not being paid as he deserves.

I'll say one thing we will learn a lot about Douglas in how he handles this.

I agree about the Douglas part. It's going to be a crash course in what he's made of for sure.  I just hope he actually has autonomy and doesn't have the Johnson bros spiking the sauce. This should be Joe's show 100%. If it is I feel like we will approve of the results. He may hot some bumps along the way but this Jamal Adams situation will show us a lot. 

But Adams is going to have more impact when we ad players man. I understand the point your trying to make but that's not accurate. Jamal is a playmaker. If wee have a legit pass rusher that doesn't suddenly remove playmaking ability. There are plenty of plays to go around. Thats for sure.  The more studs the better. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol. hahaha 

I didn't say I WANT it. just that it's actually looking real to me all of the sudden.  I was absolutely convinced it was a pipe dream by you guys and you're Mahomesitus, but these days it feels like something is in the air. hmmmmm ??

GreenBean. Everything I espouse is a product of my deep relationship with science, fact, history, logic, and reason. I don’t dabble in speculation centered around feelings or guesswork. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Jamal will never be happy.  He always has a bone to pick.  Unfortunately he has mouthed his way out of New York.    

He is in the top 50 for jersey sales in the entire NFL. $$$ talks they will work it out

11 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Tanner is tight as a drum.   He’s better off putting on 15 pounds and becoming a ILBer.   He’s not equipped to play in the secondary in the NFL.   He can be an OK back up LBer and special teams guy, that’s probably his ceiling.  

Physically, Muse seems to fit the bill, but I agree he doesn't seem like a S in coverage.  The way he tested, kind of reminds me of Taylor Mays.  He should be a good special teamer with some upside as a situational sub-package type LB/S hybrid.  That wouldn't be a horrible thing to end up with in the 5th or 6th, but not in the 2nd like Mays.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Third on the team!  He's untradeable!  Never mind that 3 of the top 10 were traded in the last 3 years.  At least one guy well ahead of Jamal on this list was outright cut.

He is generating $$$ for the team. Like it or not that is a factor.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

adios Jamal

we don't need you

Then please explain (with detail and insight) without more one line fillers on why did Jerry Jones offer his 1st round pick + 3rd round pick before Joe Douglas told Mr. Jerry Jones no ala denied, blocked and rejected Jamal Adams offerings DM style

download.jpeg.f48b32a902f956a19a90d1be3faa50e8.jpeg

It he wasn't important and wasn't needed?

USATSI_10447720.thumb.jpg.d5d9b696aa788726be465dd6f4605c80.jpg

Ok. Lets start off with there is nobody in this draft who we can assume will replace Adams other than maybe Simmons

McKinney is the next guy on the list. He is versatile and can do just about anything on the football field but not quite the athlete or overall prospect Adams was coming out or Simmons is this year. 

Other notable safeties:

Delpit out of LSU: super versatile and really one of the top safety prospects with McKinney but he is not nearly the tackler that Jamal is. If you think you are drafting Delpit as a replacement for everything Adams does, you're really pushing it, Adams is one of the best tackling safeties in the NFL. 

Winfield Jr: not as versatile or athletic as Delpit and lacks ideal size and speed but really solid all around. Clearly not the prospect Adams was and I don't see him being the same impact player but I think he will be a solid box safety in the NFL. 

Jeremy Chinn: Big, athletic, strong dude in the mold of Kam Chancelor. Versatile and makes an immediate impact in the box. I like Chinn a lot but he a liability in coverage. 

*As far as Muse, I like him as a developmental Safety. He's got a ton of upside. Right now he's like a really fast LB, good size, good tackler, good nose for the ball. He doesn't have the man or zone coverage skills to play in the NFL yet but he has the tools. Rd. 6 yes, would be good value for a guy like him. Rd. 5, if we traded Jamal, maybe yes, might make sense.

Another safety I like is Julian Blackmon out of Utah. He's a converted CB but he's a really solid tackler. He's got great length and athleticism. He's a ball hawk and still has those man coverage skills. He's got great upside but he really needs to learn the position. He's a bit like Tanner Muse in that sense but much more of a FS/ballhawk than a LB/box tackler.     

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Terrell Burgess from Utah. An aggressive former CB, he’s versatile and played the nickel LB type role a lot. Doesn’t hate contact and covers well plus he’s fast. Like Adams he can do the traditional Safety stuff but he excels all over the secondary and in nickel packages. Might creep up into the 2nd round so he’s a tricky guy to mock to us unless we trade Jamal for picks before the draft.

That Utah secondary was absurd. I just mentioned the other CB converted to safety out of Utah- Julian Blackmon. They also had Jaylon Johnson and Javelin Guidry. All 4 guys will get drafted at some point.   

lol. hahaha 

You didn’t have to say it. You said everything by saying nothing at all.

Tom Brady is 2nd and a god in Boston.  The Patriots let him walk. Odell Beckham Jr. is on the trading block.  He is 7th.  Stefon Diggs is 39th.  The VIkings traded him.  Todd Gurley is 29th.  The Rams cut him outright.  Jamal Adams is 41st on the list and you think they are going to "make money" giving him the richest safety contract in history?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

GreenBean. Everything I espouse is a product of my deep relationship with science, fact, history, logic, and reason. I don’t dabble in speculation centered around feelings or guesswork. 

And the mystic arts as it were.

Logic is the prison cell responsible for the removal of the bliss of ignorance.  It must have been even more terrible for you than the rest of us overt these past 45 years then. I find it difficult to bring logic into this realm of the NY Jets. history? Sure. Science... Hmmmm

Fact??? Now there's a chewy one. :) 

Well said Mr. Shane.