One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

47 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Jets had no problem paying a semi washed up running back 13+ million per but won’t extend our best player

Maybe they learned that DBs don't carry the team even when proclaimed best ever and that boat load of money is better used elsewhere after they paid Revis another guy people wanted to sign regardless of the cost. Also, coffee-boy* paid Bell the coach apparently did not want to.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed.  No one actually cares about him missing a Zoom meeting.  For only about $100 you can get a llama to show up to that Zoom meeting, and they'd probably get similar production.

https://www.businessinsider.com/zoom-video-goat-2-meeting-llama-sweet-farm-animals-cameo-2020-4

The issue is that someone in the Adams camp, is making it an issue.

Are we sure it is someone from Adams' camp that leaked it? Couldn't it be someone on the jets just to see what kind of offers could be sent their way?  I agree it is most likely Adams' camp, but there is a possibility the jets could be drumming up business too (although this prompts lowball offers).

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear from woman who participate, but being a woman does not preclude you from being told to stop whining :-)  Said with the utmost respect for your womanhood lol...
Seriously, he needs to grow up and shut his mouth. He doesn't help his cause and if he was a leader for this team, he would act like a leader, not a problem child. 

This entire thread is filled with emotional whining over him skipping a Skype meeting but I’m the whiner? Ok.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

Are we sure it is someone from Adams' camp that leaked it? Couldn't it be someone on the jets just to see what kind of offers could be sent their way?  I agree it is most likely Adams' camp, but there is a possibility the jets could be drumming up business too (although this prompts lowball offers).

Yep, doesn't make to much sense for a supposed good GM (stil TBD) to stab himself in the back with that if you want a good trade haul.

• Upvote 1

This is just like what every veteran seeking a new deal does.  Skipping voluntary workouts is step 1.  It’s merely a shot across the bow to say he’s not happy.   But the reality is that Adams has little leverage.   Douglas needs to play this right because IF he really isn’t willing to pay Adams his asking price he needs to move him NOW.   Get current year draft compensation, not 2021 compensation, because who knows what that value will actually be given the likelihood of there being no college football season.  

Or pay him.   

• Sympathy 1

the bottom line is if he wants to be a team leader then he needs to show up first and leave last.  he's a very good player but all jet players are  expendable at this moment.  i also think the jets should re-sign this guy but the tolerance for meeting his demands is getting low.

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The issue is that someone in the Adams camp, is making it an issue.

Especially when you consider the fact that he is deciding not to attend a virtual meeting, when everyone is in quarantine, with nothing else to do. Kind of makes your point more obvious I think. 

#leadership

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i wouldn't necessarily call not going to a virtual meeting holding the team hostage, its a bit extreme.

Who the f*ck needs this type of contract distraction from a SAFETY with 2 years left on his contract? It's effing ridiculous! 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DLJ said:

This entire thread is filled with emotional whining over him skipping a Skype meeting but I’m the whiner? Ok.

He can skip a SKYPE meeting if that's what it is, but tweeting or trying to put things out so they get reported is not acting like a leader or an adult for that matter. And I was seriously kidding about being a whiner, I was just trying to be funny.... :-)

What about when Tom Brady skipped his voluntary workouts? 

"it's not uncommon for veterans to either rest or train elsewhere during voluntary workouts. Being that they're voluntary workouts, Brady also isn't required to be there in the first place". 

Mods should lock this horse crap thread. As there's absolutely nothing to talk about. 

Wake me up once he pulls himself a #24 and actually holds out for a bigger contract. 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

"it's not uncommon for veterans to either rest or train elsewhere during voluntary workouts. Being that they're voluntary workouts, Brady also isn't required to be there in the first place". 

Mods should lock this horse crap thread. As there's absolutely nothing to talk about. 

Wake me up once he pulls himself a #24 and actually holds out for a bigger contract. 

I forgot all those times it was leaked by the press that Brady wouldn’t attend the offseason program well before the program started.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Imagine having #11 and #17

Andrew Thomas and Jefferson/Mims sounds pretty damn sweet right about now.

I’ve heard from some very informed sources on here that it’s heresy to think about trading Adams for Jefferson or Mims. You could only trade Adams for a 22 year-old Jerry Rice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wake @JetNation when you have something of value to contribute...

• Upvote 1

A #1 & a #3 for a safety that eventually wants 15 million per year & huge guaranteed money is a NO BRAINER! Are you guys forgetting that we went to 2 AFCCGs with Jim Leonard & I think Eric Smith? playing safety? 

• Upvote 4

I've been pretty vocal about my feelings on Jamal. My thoughts, this is not a big deal at all. It does start making me think he plans to eventually hold out of actual training camp though.

This is going to get really interesting during the draft especially if the Cowboys are sitting at #17 and someone we absolutely covet is sitting there. 

The Jets own Jamal's rights for 3 years, they should not be raked over the coals on a contract so early. Offer Jamal a generous contract and if he balks ship him out to the highest bidder.

It’s not the fact that it’s a stupid virtual camp or whatever it is. It’s the fact that Jamal’s agent went to Schefter to declare that Jamal isn’t showing up anywhere without a new contract. Douglas has to either extend him or trade him this offseason. Anyone who thought otherwise [mention=33016]Defense Wins Championships[/mention] [mention=9828]Jet Nut[/mention]) is mother****ing clown shoes.

Part of the new cba is that any player who misses training camp automatically belongs to the the team for a sixth year. Al the leverage is in the Jets corner on this one. I am all about trading someone for the right value - but honestly the 17th pick is too low. The first round WRs are just as good as the third rounders in this draft. If I am the Jets I draft a safety in the third round and get ready to bench Adams if he wants to be a malcontent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s not the fact that it’s a stupid virtual camp or whatever it is. It’s the fact that Jamal’s agent went to Schefter to declare that Jamal isn’t showing up anywhere without a new contract. Douglas has to either extend him or trade him this offseason. Anyone who thought otherwise [mention=33016]Defense Wins Championships[/mention] [mention=9828]Jet Nut[/mention]) is mother****ing clown shoes.

Part of the new cba is that any player who misses training camp automatically belongs to the the team for a sixth year. Al the leverage is in the Jets corner on this one. I am all about trading someone for the right value - but honestly the 17th pick is too low. The first round WRs are just as good as the third rounders in this draft. If I am the Jets I draft a safety in the third round and get ready to bench Adams if he wants to be a malcontent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app