One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Had that thought but wondered why the Jets would include the part about them having not made an offer.  Would think they'd want it to be 100% good look for the fans and leave that out.

Because I’m petty, I’d like to think it’s a subtle way of giving Adams the finger on the way out the door.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

That kind of looks like a bunch of junk to me tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A bookend OT for a decade, a potential #1 wideout for Darnold, a Day 1 starter at CB, a potential Day 1 starter at EDGE opposite Jenkins, a quality developmental OT who is tailor made for Gase’ offense, and a quality young back added behind Bell who can give you 100+ carries as a rookie...

I’d take that in an instant 

• Upvote 4

With everything thats happening, it’s a really bad look to miss VIRTUAL programs during a global lockdown (Hi Sweden) even if it’s voluntary.

He’s supposed to be the face of the franchise. In a normal global culturally climate, fine. Do your little no show to voluntary weight lifting and jogging in shorts for a half hour.

But now? Virtual? During a quarantine? Complaining about making more MILLIONS than you already have, while we face a global recession that probably will take upwards of a decade to fix once all is said and done is selfish and ignorant.

Trade him to the highest bidder. You either act like a franchise player or a merc. Treat him how he presents himself...an a$$hole.

• Upvote 4

I always find it funny how our fanbase is so wiling to trade one of the best players we've drafted in a long long time. I know he's a safety but the guy is an impact player and one of the best defensive players in the league.

For a team as crappy at drafting, and as talentless as the Jets have been for about 10 years now, you'd think we'd be more appreciative of players like Jamal Adams lol. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

With everything thats happening, it’s a really bad look to miss VIRTUAL programs during a global lockdown (Hi Sweden) even if it’s voluntary.

He’s supposed to be the face of the franchise. In a normal global culturally climate, fine. Do your little no show to voluntary weight lifting and jogging in shorts for a half hour.

But now? Virtual? During a quarantine? Complaining about making more MILLIONS than you already have, while we face a global recession that probably will take upwards of a decade to fix once all is said and done is selfish and ignorant.

Trade him to the highest bidder. You either act like a franchise player or a merc. Treat him how he presents himself...an a$$hole.

the curious timing definitely seems geared towards inducing the front office to make a rash decision right before the draft.  

i'm not sure how much this matters, but douglas didn't draft him, and adams may realize that he just doesn't have the support that he thought he'd have after his rookie season when mccagnan was still here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares?  What does it do?  There’s leverage in who’s mind for missing these logins how exactly?  Especially when we don’t know why or the Jets care.  Missing these online meetings arent going to do a thing for anyone.  

It indicates either

1) Trade me if you’re not going to extend me (if the leak is from Adams’s).

or

2) Adams is available for a trade (if the leak is from the Jets).

There is always a reason these things go public. We don’t have to trade Adams he’s under team control for 3 years but why not get a max return on him rather than spend $20 million over the next 3 years for him to leave anyway. I like Adams as a player, I think there are incorrect statements about his game in all of these threads. However, if we’re worried about roster construction I wouldn’t mind moving on from him for short and long term gains

• Upvote 4

But, from Douglas’ perspective, he’s going to burn a year of a rebuild with a disgruntled Jamal Adams because he’s not confident in his ability to draft a good player at 17? 

I just dont think 17 is high enough. I just feel like there are 5 guys in this draft who are special cant miss guys and hopefully one gets pushed down by the QBs.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-31-at-1_14.13-PM.thumb.jpg.db5af202adf7d6bc3a73ba1d65ea0021.jpg

Voluntary OTA's and voluntary workouts?

A thread was created about it?

Well Jamal Adams is a good kid and has volunteered for this (too) and didn't have to...

No threads on these below?

Well don't worry.

I'm creating a new THREAD in order to (really) talk about it...

I just created a new thread in order to show a new light and created a new thread in order to paint a new image.

PS: I'm so sorry if this doesn't fit your "volunteering agenda".

Oh well.

Guess you'll just have to just deal with it while I talk about it.  

What?

There were no thread's created in order to paint a positive image regarding those videos above?

While consisting of all of his volunteering he's done?

Without him having to do so?

Don't worry #33.

DWC gots your back.

"Jamal Adams Volunteering" 

PS: Here shortly I will also make and create a list of All-Time NFL legends who've previously skipped voluntary workouts that were "voluntary" in order to show just how clueless some of you really are...

885821681_download(4).jpeg.471c65013ab62835568a7866ce75bdf2.jpeg

And until some of you LAZY and OUT OF SHAPE Jet fans (typing with a keyboard as your daily exercises) can post pictures of your physical physique (God plz don't) here on JN?

You don't even have the RIGHT to even question (or comment on) this kids "voluntary workout" schedule (tools). 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 14
  • Haha 2

So long as he shows up for mandatory sessions and is in shape and ready to play whenever the season starts, I don't give a rats ass.  If some team wants to overpay for Jamal, I can roll with that.  Otherwise, he's under contract and we still have the franchise tag after that. Sounds like a lot of you are following the Bizarro World mantra of "buy high, sell low".  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

A bookend OT for a decade, a potential #1 wideout for Darnold, a Day 1 starter at CB, a potential Day 1 starter at EDGE opposite Jenkins, a quality developmental OT who is tailor made for Gase’ offense, and a quality young back added behind Bell who can give you 100+ carries as a rookie...
I’d take that in an instant 

Perriman was also a potential #1 WR. Every guy you mentioned has potential but is far from cant miss, including Thomas who looks good but has some dents himself.

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I always find it funny how our fanbase is so wiling to trade one of the best players we've drafted in a long long time. I know he's a safety but the guy is an impact player and one of the best defensive players in the league.

For a team as crappy at drafting, and as talentless as the Jets have been for about 10 years now, you'd think we'd be more appreciative of players like Jamal Adams lol. 

It comes down to Jamal Adams being our one valuable trade asset and many of us believing that the success of Sam Darnold is far more important than boasting about having an all-pro strong safety on the roster who averages one turnover a season.

Trading Adams allows the Jets to potentially walk away from the 1st round with a quality bookend OT for the next decade as well as a legit #1 WR for the same span. And then they’d still have another 7+ picks to play with.

Not to mention how well we could potentially be set up for 2021.

With an Adams trade, the Jets could address a multitude of needs over the next 9 days and come next offseason they could have $80+ million in cap space with all of their draft picks in their pocket. This team could be a legit Super Bowl contender in a years time if Douglas plays his cards right.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I just dont think 17 is high enough. I just feel like there are 5 guys in this draft who are special cant miss guys and hopefully one gets pushed down by the QBs.

I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think thar a guy who’s been a scout for 20 years and clawed his way to a GM gig would back away from a deal because he’s not confident in his ability to find good players with relatively high draft picks. I’m hoping Douglas, Hogan, Savage, Chad Alexander, etc know more about these prospects than the tweens who write for Draft Network

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

so why not volunteer to do a "virtual" workout with the team he so desperately wants to be on?

Because um maybe it's a Free Country and he doesn't have to? 

All that matters is how he shows up to do to his JOB on Sundays...

Wake me up once he pulls a #24 and Holds out in order to become paid accordingly (his family and future is more important, than your Jets) and he'll have the RIGHT to do that as well (despite not yet doing so) as countless others have done so themselves (paid accordingly). 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

It comes down to Jamal Adams being our one valuable trade asset and many of us believing that the success of Sam Darnold is far more important than boasting about having an all-pro strong safety on the roster who averages one turnover a season.

Trading Adams allows the Jets to potentially walk away from the 1st round with a quality bookend OT for the next decade as well as a legit #1 WR for the same span. And then they’d still have another 7+ picks to play with.

With an Adams trade, the Jets could address a multitude of needs over the next 9 days and come next offseason they could have $80+ million in cap space with all of their draft picks in their pocket. This team could be a legit Super Bowl contender in a years time if Douglas plays his cards right.

I understand all your points. But why can't we just have both? Build around Sam Darnold and keep Jamal Adams? We don't have to pick one. Plenty of teams have franchise QBs and all-pro defenders on their teams. Look at the Raves with Lamar Jackson and Earl Thomas, a safety. 

Adams plays at such a high level, that he's more than just a good safety. He's all over the field. He can cover, play the run, and rush the passer. If the Jets can't figure out a way to make that work I don't know what to say. We shouldn't need to get rid of Jamal Adams to build around Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

Its going to be a lot of fun when Sam never gets on the field because the defense cant get off it and our rookie WR cant hold onto the ball on third down. Its a team game dude and no one at 17 is going to have the same impact as Jamal. I think Jamal is overrated too but he is definitely an impact player. You dont trade impact player for a dicey WR in a draft where the guys at 15 have pretty much the same grade as players in the third round. Even the OTs available at 11 may be hit or miss, depending. I really hope Douglas isnt this dumb - but I dont think he is.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because um maybe it's a Free Country and he doesn't have to? 

All that matters is how he shows up to do to his JOB on Sundays...

Wake me up once he pulls a #24 and Holds out in order to become paid accordingly (his family and future is more important, than your Jets) and he'll have the RIGHT to do that as well (despite not yet doing so) as countless others have done so themselves (paid accordingly). 

you used that line about revis in the other thread, get more creative.  you can't make a post about how many times he volunteers outside of his job and then say it doesn't matter that he won't do the offseason voluntary training.  if he cared about the jets he'd flip on the computer, grab a beer and sit on the couch and participate instead of making it public that he won't and cause problems.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the curious timing definitely seems geared towards inducing the front office to make a rash decision right before the draft.  

i'm not sure how much this matters, but douglas didn't draft him, and adams may realize that he just doesn't have the support that he thought he'd have after his rookie season when mccagnan was still here.

Probably, and if that’s Jamal’s intent than it just confirms what the perception is. Normal circumstances I could care less if he showed up to Adam Gase’s bullsh*t voluntary program. 

He’s not even due a new deal yet. So, all around this just looks bad and petty. Very childlike to announce or leak out that you will NOT be logging onto zoom for an hour with your team because I want more millions, while the rest of the world is out of work.

I don’t know maybe working in an NYC hospital right now has made have less patience for anyone complaining right now (unless you are ill or broke/unemployed). I’m living it, seeing it every day here. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Idk man 11 and 17+ a 3rd (Atleast)gives us a ton of flexibility in the draft. Think of the combinations of players we could take with 11 and 17. We’d have the ammo to trade up for a WR or could probably trade down from 17 if Love is still on the board and snag another 2nd. It’s a good problem to have though we either keep a stud or trade him for a solid return in a draft that’s loaded with talent we need. Me personally I’d make the trade we gotta get Sam some weapons so we can see what this kids really got 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Adams plays at such a high level, that he's more than just a good safety. He's all over the field. He can cover, play the run, and rush the passer

61 tackles. 1.5 sacks on players not named Dwayne Haskins or Daniel Jones. 1 pick in extreme garbage time.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Not necessarily.   He may have informed the jets he is not planning to show up unless they talk contract.   The jets maybe made it public.  Again, likely Adams' camp, but it is a possibility.

To what benefit?

• Upvote 1

Idk man 11 and 17+ a 3rd (Atleast)gives us a ton of flexibility in the draft. Think of the combinations of players we could take with 11 and 17. We’d have the ammo to trade up for a WR or could probably trade down from 17 if Love is still on the board and snag another 2nd. It’s a good problem to have though we either keep a stud or trade him for a solid return in a draft that’s loaded with talent we need. Me personally I’d make the trade we gotta get Sam some weapons so we can see what this kids really got 

We would need to walk out of the draft with one first round defensive player too in that scenario i dont see many outside the top 10. Now if they moved up for simmons or picked one of the CBs at 11 then that may change my mind. Sam needs help but a good defense helps a QB too.