One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A bookend OT for a decade, a potential #1 wideout for Darnold, a Day 1 starter at CB, a potential Day 1 starter at EDGE opposite Jenkins, a quality developmental OT who is tailor made for Gase’ offense, and a quality young back added behind Bell who can give you 100+ carries as a rookie...

I’d take that in an instant 

Why is edge in all caps? 

I don't know.  To me, the standalone term "volunteer" or "volunteering" implies giving of your time to charitable causes, which is different from staying after practice to sign autographs,  It is also different from attending voluntary workouts. 

I do not know whether or how much of his time Adams truly volunteers to help out those less fortunate than himself or to help out in his community. Maybe he does volunteer significant amounts of his time.  But I am not seeing it in this thread.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Trade Adams to Cleveland for a 1st and 3rd rounder. One of the Browns biggest needs is safety. Jets would then have back to back picks at 10 and 11. Drafting Thomas and Jeudy would look pretty sweet.

Both of those players would have more impact than Adams would especially in two years.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

We would need to walk out of the draft with one first round defensive player too in that scenario i dont see many outside the top 10. Now if they moved up for simmons or picked one of the CBs at 11 then that may change my mind. Sam needs help but a good defense helps a QB too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Eh I respectfully disagree I think with 11 and 17 you could comfortably take WR+OT with whichever pick. Assuming we got 82 from Dallas as well that leaves you 48,68,79 and 82 to add a CB,edge,WR and IOL in whichever order the draft gives you and if you add up those combinations there’s some really interesting options. 
11-Lamb 17- Josh Jones 48-Terell Lewis 68-Matt Hennessey 79- Donovan People’s Jones 82- Amik Robertson. That’s just an example of the potential of that move. 

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There were no thread's created in order to paint a positive image consisting of all of his volunteering he's done, without having to do so?

Don't worry #33.

DWC gots your back.

"Jamal Adams Volunteering" 

PS: Here shortly I will also make and create a list of All-Time NFL legends who've previously skipped voluntary workouts that were "voluntary" in order to show just how clueless some of you really are...

885821681_download(4).jpeg.471c65013ab62835568a7866ce75bdf2.jpeg

And until some of you LAZY and OUT OF SHAPE Jet fans (typing with a keyboard as your daily exercises) can post pictures of your physical physique (God plz don't) here on JN?

You don't even have the RIGHT to even question (or comment on) this kids "voluntary workout" schedule (tools). 

Keep up the good work DWC this increases his trade value

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Its going to be a lot of fun when Sam never gets on the field because the defense cant get off it and our rookie WR cant hold onto the ball on third down. Its a team game dude and no one at 17 is going to have the same impact as Jamal. I think Jamal is overrated too but he is definitely an impact player. You dont trade impact player for a dicey WR in a draft where the guys at 15 have pretty much the same grade as players in the third round. Even the OTs available at 11 may be hit or miss, depending. I really hope Douglas isnt this dumb - but I dont think he is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Our defense didn’t suddenly turn to sh*t when Jamal missed a few games at the end of the season. In fact, we played much better against the Dolphins the 2nd time around with journeyman jag corners like Darryl Roberts and Maurice Canady playing SS than we did in the first outing when Fitzpatrick spanked the piss out of us with Jamal on the field.

The guy is a very good player who fancies himself a superstar.

I’d gladly trade him if it means putting added talent around our young franchise QB and giving him a punchers chance at fulfilling his potential.

This team is going to go as far as Sam Darnold takes us. If he flops, then we’re up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future. 

So far we’ve sucked with Jamal Adams, and we’ll continue to suck with or without him if we can’t get this offense on track.

I don’t hate Jamal Adams. But I’m not in favor of paying safeties $17 million a year. Especially safeties who generate one turnover a season on average. And especially when I can flip said safety for added assets to support the closest thing this team has had to a franchise QB since people like Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison were still walking around.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

the virtual workout may be voluntary as would be the normal spring team activities but we aren't talking about a run of the mill jets players.  this is adams and if he wants to be a team leader then he needs to be the first one in and the last one to leave even if these are voluntary.  that's what leaders do.

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Would you pass on that for a safety?

IMG_20200417_120637.jpg

The #17 and #82 probably gets it done for me.

At #17 we get a premiere Edge rusher.  At #82 we get a WR2, starting RB or CB2.

Although my preference would be to have Tyron Smith in the deal.  Give me Tyron Smith and Dallas' 2nd round pick (51) for Adams and I probably do that.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conspiracy theory: Douglas has a trade offer in hand that he likes and getting Jamal to flip out on Instagram all weekend will make it easier from a PR standpoint to consummate that deal.

Conspiracy theory:  Jamal Adams appears to participate in voluntary virtual workouts.  It's later discovered to be Bless Austin in a #33 jersey doing those jumping-jacks on Zoom.

• Haha 3