One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

8 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Idk man I’d probably pull the trigger for Jamal at 12 if they offered it straight up. You’re probably  leaving the draft with a stud LT and WR at that point. I don’t see them offering much more than 12 either if they even did 

Grab two WR's and trade for Trent.  Disney Magic right there!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, heymangold said:

different topics.  the last jamal thread was about the cowboys interested and potential trade.  this topic was about your fearless leader skipping VOLUNTARY workouts.

Sam Darnold held out for a CONTACT as a ROOKIE guy!

"The Jets and their rookie quarterback are in a standoff over 2 small contract details unlikely to be used, and it's threatening to get ugly"

Sam Darnold didn't skip nothing, he actually began to... HOLD OUT

lol @ Darnold the fearless leader!

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, heymangold said:

different topics.  the last jamal thread was about the cowboys interested and potential trade.  this topic was about your fearless leader skipping VOLUNTARY workouts.

There were other threads available to post more Jamal Adams shamming. A new one did not need to be created. 

Maybe someone (wink) should create a threard about Sam Darnold threatening a HOLD OUT as an UNPROVEN ROOKIE and made those threats over CONTRACT DETAILS?

And then we can all give Sam Darnold this same exact "JAMAL ADAMS TREATMENT". 

Wouldn't fit the agenda around here?

Or better yet maybe someone (wink wink) should bump up the Jamal Adams thread AFTER HIS ALL-ROOKIE SEASON in order to expose the hate still happening today also 2 Pro Bowls and 2 All Pros (later). 

Agenda driven, much?

• Thumb Down 4

Sam Darnold Is a Holdout as the Jets Begin Training Camp

merlin_141785007_b4803e3b-3ec9-40ed-acdc
Jets quarterbacks Josh McCown, left, and Teddy Bridgewater during the first practice of training camp on Friday. Their fellow quarterback Sam Darnold was not in attendance.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — There was no sign of Sam Darnold as the Jets opened training camp.

Darnold, the No. 3 overall pick in the N.F.L. draft, officially became a contract holdout when the team began its first practice of the summer Friday without its prized rookie quarterback.

Under the N.F.L.’s labor agreement, holdouts are uncommon because contracts are based on draft position. Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus.

OUR LEADER WAS HOLDING OUT OVER CONTRACT LANGUAGE DESPITE $20M bonus

lol @ SAM DARNOLD's greedy ass...

• Thumb Down 7

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There were other threads available to post more Jamal Adams shamming. A new one did not need to be created. 

Maybe someone (wink) should create a threard about Sam Darnold threatening a HOLD OUT as an UNPROVEN ROOKIE and made those threats over CONTRACT DETAILS?

And then we can all give Sam Darnold this same exact "JAMAL ADAMS TREATMENT". 

Wouldn't fit the agenda around here?

Or better yet maybe someone (wink wink) should bump up the Jamal Adams thread AFTER HIS ALL-ROOKIE SEASON in order to expose the hate still happening today also 2 Pro Bowls and 2 All Pros (later). 

Agenda driven, much?

sam wasn't out there whining about every little thing said about him. he was also a rookie and didn't have a contract.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why would you ask him that? Has there been a time when he has posted sober? I don't think so.

Sorry to post to you here. you misinterpreted my post, in that other thread. I as one of many jet fans here, we were cheering your post. Which is what the pic showed. jet fans cheering.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

sam wasn't out there whining about every little thing said about him. he was also a rookie and didn't have a contract.

You're wrong. He did have a contract written in stone already. He was just too greedy to sign in and missed his 1st ever Training Camp reps!

"Under the N.F.L.’s labor agreement, holdouts are uncommon because contracts are based on draft position. Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus".

Sam Darnold was holding out over contract language DESPITE a guaranteed $20M Signing Bonus. 

lol @ Sam Darnold's greedy ass!

There was no sign of Sam Darnold as the Jets opened training camp.

Wake me up once Jamal Adams misses TRAINING CAMP AND HOLDS OUT LIKE SAME DARNOLD!!!!

lol

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

There is a huge difference between holding out when you don't have a contract (Darnold) and not reporting when you do.  Adams is under contract.  These workouts are voluntary, so I don't equate this with a holdout.  OTOH, this doesn't seem like a "leadership" move.  Is he going to explain to us how he is working out with his own "virtual" trainer, so he couldn't log on?  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Under the N.F.L.’s labor agreement, holdouts are uncommon because contracts are based on draft position. Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus".

Bosa, Joey: https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12402198/joey-bosa-contract-holdout-san-diego-chargers-why

your boy adams, soloman thomas and corey davis: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20083729/big-name-nfl-rookie-holdouts-coming-why-possible-six-first-rounders-unsigned-nfl-2017-training-camp

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is a huge difference between holding out when you don't have a contract (Darnold) and not reporting when you do.  

Sam Darnold DID have a contract in place.

$30M guaranteed contract and a $20M signing bonus. 

He just didn't want to sign it (greed). 

And...

Sam Darnold even missed his first ever TRAINING CAMP REPs over it!

Jamal Adams is going to skip a VOLUNTARY NOTHINGNESS. 

Sam Darnold skipped TRAINING CAMP REPS!

"HUGE DIFFERENCE"

Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

I wrote this elsewhere, but according to reports the Jets turned down an offer of a first and third rounder earlier this season. I'm not sure what that means the Jets are demanding, but for the purpose of this post, I'll assume they receive first and third in this draft.

An additional first and third would allow for so much flexibility in what the Jets are able to do on Thursday. Hypothetically, lets say they can get a first and a third from Oakland.

This would let them to address both OT and WR at 11 and 12, hitting their two biggest needs immediately. This trade would also give them the flexibility to package a second and a third to get back into the first to further solidify the OL, or grab a CB/Pass Rusher. This would still leave them with two third round picks to further improve WRs.

I'm a big Jamal fan, but if the Jets could turn him into the scenario I laid out above, I think you need to consider it.

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is a huge difference between holding out when you don't have a contract (Darnold) and not reporting when you do.  Adams is under contract.  These workouts are voluntary, so I don't equate this with a holdout.  OTOH, this doesn't seem like a "leadership" move.  Is he going to explain to us how he is working out with his own "virtual" trainer, so he couldn't log on?  

This. The previous post was just plain dumb. Darnold had no contract and if he got seriously injured in camp his career could have been over before he earned dollar one. Adams is under contract for the next 3 years potentially, with a 5th year option and tag in 2022.

Comparing apples and oranges would make more sense than comparing a rookie waiting for a contract to a player in the middle of a current contract.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold DID have a contract in place.

$30M guaranteed contract and a $20M signing bonus. 

He just didn't want to sign it (greed). 

And...

Sam Darnold even missed his first ever TRAINING CAMP REPs over it!

Jamal Adams is going to skip a VOLUNTARY NOTHINGNESS. 

Sam Darnold skipped TRAINING CAMP REPS!

"HUGE DIFFERENCE"

Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus.

An unsigned contract is called an offer.  Not a contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Relax, folks.  Jamal is probably just too busy creating DIY COVID-19 face masks for people in his area.  And none of that bush league stuff, either.  We're talkin' 300 count Egyptian cotton, disposable filter pocket, the whole shebang.  That guy is an absolute wonder with a sewing kit.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

@Defense Wins Championships hey, how bout you become the butt boy for Kalil Mack, or some defensive player on another team... You can open as many threads as you want...

I never wanted K. Mack and laughed @ Chicago for giving so much for him. 

You do not give out multiple 1st round draft picks unless Mack leads you to a SB. 

So until he leads Chicago to a SB Championship it's a BUST of a trade for Chicago...

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold held out for a CONTACT as a ROOKIE guy!

"The Jets and their rookie quarterback are in a standoff over 2 small contract details unlikely to be used, and it's threatening to get ugly"

Sam Darnold didn't skip nothing, he actually began to... HOLD OUT

lol @ Darnold the fearless leader!

So Darnold was under contract and held out?