Interesting tidbit from Kirwin on draft evaluation

section314

This week on Movin the Chains, Pat and Jim evaluated all the teams drafts from last year. Kirwin said something that I didn't know, how front offices rate a draft class. They take stats like games active, snaps, snaps on special teams collectively vs a chart that all team use. For example, the average number for games active is 77, and in this case the 49rs number was 109, I believe. They were off the charts in special team snaps, where the average is like 900 and they were something like 1700, maybe more. Just found this interesting. Had never heard this mentioned. Needless to say, our numbers were probably putrid.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

This week on Movin the Chains, Pat and Jim evaluated all the teams drafts from last year. Kirwin said something that I didn't know, how front offices rate a draft class. They take stats like games active, snaps, snaps on special teams collectively vs a chart that all team use. For example, the average number for games active is 77, and in this case the 49rs number was 109, I believe. They were off the charts in special team snaps, where the average is like 900 and they were something like 1700, maybe more. Just found this interesting. Had never heard this mentioned. Needless to say, our numbers were probably putrid.

Well Jachai Polite definitely did not help our numbers.

• Haha 1

It's truly amazing in the recent years how often we've ignored ALL the signs on the road in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and took left turns instead.

Alshon? Pff - Stephen Hill Baby. 

Nkagoue?... try again. Hackenberg.

Galladay who? Ardarius Steward

Winovich, McLaurin, McGovern? take your pick!... OK Polite!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mac just never got it right when deciding value vs recent happenings.  Leaped all over polite and hack, did not go for orlando brown.

Mac's picks are completely befuddling and fail completely at any level of scrutiny. I have no idea what he was thinking