Ty Law Back With the Pats?

PatsFanTX

You heard it here first, both Ty Law and Troy Brown will be back in Pats uniforms when the season opens.

"Law's agent, Carl Poston, met with the Chiefs at the February scouting combine and later told team officials that his client has a four-year, $26 million offer to return to the Patriots. The Chiefs can't verify that, but they aren't interested in paying big money unless they catch a break from the player in negotiations anyway."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8314615

You heard it here first, both Ty Law and Troy Brown will be back in Pats uniforms when the season opens.

"Law's agent, Carl Poston, met with the Chiefs at the February scouting combine and later told team officials that his client has a four-year, $26 million offer to return to the Patriots. The Chiefs can't verify that, but they aren't interested in paying big money unless they catch a break from the player in negotiations anyway."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8314615

why would the patsies* pay Law all that money if he failed his physical as reported?

why would the patsies* pay Law all that money if he failed his physical as reported?

I believe that is the original offer the Pats made to Law last year. They have never pulled it off the table.

I'm sure it would be contingent on passing a physical somewhere down the road before a contract is finalized.

I believe that is the original offer the Pats made to Law last year. They have never pulled it off the table.

I'm sure it would be contingent on passing a physical somewhere down the road before a contract is finalized.

understood

Agreed I do not see Law going back to the Pats- they proved they do not even need him- just resign Troy Brown as you starter at CB Patsfantx

faba,

Do you see some team out there offering Law more than the 4yr/$26 mil deal that the Pats have on the table?

He'd be 35 years old in the final year.

Only way I see some team beating the Pats offer is with a huge upfront signing bonus.

faba,

Do you see some team out there offering Law more than the 4yr/$26 mil deal that the Pats have on the table?

He'd be 35 years old in the final year.

Only way I see some team beating the Pats offer is with a huge upfront signing bonus.

Patsfantx I do think he will wind up with some desperate team like Chiefs that will overpay him based on his age and health.

Law's broken down a$$ is something better than what the Jets have at CB.

Even in a dam wheelchair.

Possibly, but that doesnt change the fact that New England absolutely does NOT need him. I hope the Pats keep him, but I highly doubt he is wearing anything but KC red next season.

Why cut him when he is in a long term deal and then resign him to a long term deal?

Was there any savings involved?

I don't blame The Pats for wanting to have Law back if healthy but why go through all the nonsense of cutting him.

Why cut him when he is in a long term deal and then resign him to a long term deal?

Was there any savings involved?

I don't blame The Pats for wanting to have Law back if healthy but why go through all the nonsense of cutting him.

His cap number was going to be 12.1 million.

He is 3.2 million in dead money, even if they balance out the contract is base salaries (i.e. 10 million bonus and 4 million per year), the Patriots are still 3 million ahead.

His cap number was going to be 12.1 million.

He is 3.2 million in dead money, even if they balance out the contract is base salaries (i.e. 10 million bonus and 4 million per year), the Patriots are still 3 million ahead.

OK, Thanks for the info. Makes some sense. Still a bit nutty but i guess there's a savings there.

OK, Thanks for the info. Makes some sense. Still a bit nutty but i guess there's a savings there.

Very true. Unlike Milloy and or even his stance 12 months ago, Law did not burn any bridges when he left the team and was on the radio.

If the offer is still on the table, I could see Belichick saying, if you can not get a contract you want, we still have one on the table.

When Ty was here in KC a few weeks ago, he was walking around and did not appear to have any problems moving.

Funny

A week ago you said you didn't need Law

That is true.

As evidence by the Pats secondary performance in the playoffs and the Super Bowl (do you have any idea what the Super Bowl is JonE?) :lol:

Would I like to have Ty Law back for 4/26?

You bet I would.

Do the Pats need Ty Law to win another Super Bowl?

Nope.

Troy Brown was the best damn nickelback to ever play the game.

FINE! ](*,) You all suck if you don't understand that Troy Brown epitomises what a true team player is. That he is a symbol of what heart, skill, determination and sacrifice can accomplish.....FINE!

Did someone say Troy Brown will be back with the Pats?!!! \:D/

Garb, I just threw the board a bone.

I was hoping it would help you get off the Troy Brown anti-depressants that you are taking.

PS-Mr. Bingo will take the field Thursday night against the Raiders in a Patriot uniform. Can you just imagine the ovation he will get?

FINE! ](*,) You all suck if you don't understand that Troy Brown epitomises what a true team player is. That he is a symbol of what heart, skill, determination and sacrifice can accomplish.....FINE!

Whatever Garb.

Heart? Skill? Determination? Sacrifice?

Who needs all those things? Fill your roster up with that and all you will end up with is a bunch of Lombardi trophies.

No thanks I will pass. Can you imagine what would happen to ticket prices in NY? Not interested.

Garb, I just threw the board a bone.

I was hoping it would help you get off the Troy Brown anti-depressants that you are taking.

PS-Mr. Bingo will take the field Thursday night against the Raiders in a Patriot uniform. Can you just imagine the ovation he will get?

Oh man, how wonderful would that be?! I'll lead the cheers - just got get me a ticket first! :lol:

Max - :box:

He's also the same guy the Pat's dumped on his a$$.

What should the Pats have done?

Take the cap hit or let him stay on based on his past performances like the Jets did with Wayne "I'm so over rated" Chrebet?

See smizz, that is the difference between the 3-time Super Bowl champs and the NFL "wannabee" Jets. :lol::lol::lol:

What should the Pats have done?

Take the cap hit or let him stay on based on his past performances like the Jets did with Wayne "I'm so over rated" Chrebet?

See smizz, that is the difference between the 3-time Super Bowl champs and the NFL "wannabee" Jets. :lol::lol::lol:

how is Wayne Chrebet overrated. He is one of the best, if not the best clutch catching 3rd down wide recievers in the nfl.....plus he is white and husselles his a$# off! :lol:

how is Wayne Chrebet overrated. He is one of the best, if not the best clutch catching 3rd down wide recievers in the nfl.....plus he is white and husselles his a$# off!

Agree, a great clutch receiver in his hayday, but Ty Law could cover him in his wheelchair next year.

My point is, the Patriots make the tough decisions for what is best for the organization while the Jets reward players for what they did in the past.

barton, based on the two teams performances over the past 4 years, which team has the better philosophy about aging players?

Funny how some Patriots fans were saying "good, get rid of him, he's nothing now, too old"

And now....

TY LAW IS COMING BACK, OH THANK GOD, WE WOULD'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO REPLACE HIM....

Give me an f'n break.

One thing for sure, if the Pats sign Law, they sure as hell better sign Brown. They're gonna need someone to push his wheelchair aroun the field. Hey, do you think Belli and Kraft will get a rule passed that allows a 12th defender as long as he is always pushing a wheelchair?

Archived