The Tragedy of the New York Jets

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I bring it up from time to time in little spurts, but it just seems that the Jets are a crippled child that people love to kick. They are a hapless organization that everybody seems to go out of their way to jab or knock down. I say they are a crippled child simply because they have an owner who doesn't know anything about football. 

And it seems the NFL wants this, They want the Jets to be bad. It is their role. Almost like wrestling. It's just sad.

Now to humanize a multi million dollar organization to a crippled child may seem weird but if you look on Twitter and the social media, I don't think the Lions or the Jaguars or even the Browns get more flack continuously as the Jets. It's almost as if they are bullied. And I don't like bullying unless it is deserved. And being a hapless organization aka being handicapped seems reason for bullying.

After the two back to back AFCCGs, everyone was sucking on this crippled child’s third leg. No one seem to think we were crippled then. And if you think Browns or Jags don’t get as much flack, you should become a Jags/Browns fan and find out for yourself. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Disagree all you want, it changes nothing. Read you first post, you compare a team of grown damn man playing a near lethal game for your amusement to a crippled child. That’s like comparing a child to a pet rock if he gets a C on his arithmetic test. Not supportive. 

What if he gets a C on his homework for 50 straight years? 

The Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL. Darnold is perceived as a bum who sees “ghosts”. The only good player we have is seemingly being courted by every team. Like it’s a given the Jets do not deserve all pro players and if we finally get one he must be traded to the Cowboys 

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I bring it up from time to time in little spurts, but it just seems that the Jets are a crippled child that people love to kick. They are a hapless organization that everybody seems to go out of their way to jab or knock down. I say they are a crippled child simply because they have an owner who doesn't know anything about football. 
And it seems the NFL wants this, They want the Jets to be bad. It is their role. Almost like wrestling. It's just sad.
Now to humanize a multi million dollar organization to a crippled child may seem weird but if you look on Twitter and the social media, I don't think the Lions or the Jaguars or even the Browns get more flack continuously as the Jets. It's almost as if they are bullied. And I don't like bullying unless it is deserved. And being a hapless organization aka being handicapped seems reason for bullying.

I’ve always wondered? I assume you’re a fan of the Who or whatever but how’d you come up with that name?

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

you mean BILLION... 

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At the end of the day I wish the Jets were treated more like the Cubs (pre 2015) or the Saints of the 70s/80s. A team that loses a lot but the fans seem to have fun with it. Lovable losers. 

record2.jpg

From 1997 to 2011 with a healthy quarterback, the Jets had 10 winning seasons, made the playoffs 7 times, played in 14 playoff games, and won 7 of them.

Compare that to the "loveable" 80's Saints or the Fouts Chargers.  Methinks you'll be surprised.

The Jets have had a rough decade, that's for sure.  But for 15 years the Jets were either in the playoffs or an AFC playoff contender.  And that's without a franchise quarterback.  And that's with a revolving door of head coaches.  And that's with Manning and Brady in our division for a significant stretch.  15 years.  Not a joke at all.  Man up, Sally.  Your vag is showing.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I blame the fans 

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So, I shouldn't have to explain to people, or remind them, that making fun of people with disabilities isn't anything that is acceptable.

Enjoy your ban.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Digging in on this "crippled child" metaphor says little about the Jets organization and a lot about what a real life piece of sh*t you are.

Agreed.

He was banned for this, it isn't permanent but I will admit it probably should be.

• Upvote 2

Lions last title 1959. Where's the hate for them

I banned you for 30 days for the first post. Just read this idiotic post and I am extending it another 30 days.

I was in Detroit before Sam Darnold's first game. Matt Patricia hadn't coached a game yet for the Lions. THEY WERE CALLING FOR HIM TO BE FIRED ALREADY,

Can't wait to see what other deuce nuggets you left behind. Gonna keep the meter running. Currently sitting at 60.

Quite true but not to the public outcry that the Jets get. Also you ask them to play better. A crippled child is crippled for a reason. Their owner and structure sucks so unless they change that, they can't play better. They are a crippled child

This one is terrible. 90 days just for this one. Plus the 60 you were at originally. Also fuck you.

• Haha 2

That's the point. They are a crippled child. And to make fun of them is to be bullying a crippled child. Which is abhorrent. I just don't understand the love of taking potshots at the Jets in particular. It might be because they are a New York team, which in  that case, I have thought for years the best thing for the franchise would be to move and get a fanbase all to themselves.

Actually enjoy your lifetime ban.

Your point is understood. But is it fair to the crippled child?

You have already been banned for the rest of your life. Because of this post you were just banned for another lifetime.

At the end of the day I wish the Jets were treated more like the Cubs (pre 2015) or the Saints of the 70s/80s. A team that loses a lot but the fans seem to have fun with it. Lovable losers. 

3rd lifetime.

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So, I shouldn't have to explain to people, or remind them, that making fun of people with disabilities isn't anything that is acceptable.

Enjoy your ban.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I banned you for 30 days for the first post. Just read this idiotic post and I am extending it another 30 days.

I was in Detroit before Sam Darnold's first game. Matt Patricia hadn't coached a game yet for the Lions. THEY WERE CALLING FOR HIM TO BE FIRED ALREADY,

Can't wait to see what other deuce nuggets you left behind. Gonna keep the meter running. Currently sitting at 60.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This one is terrible. 90 days just for this one. Plus the 60 you were at originally. Also **** you.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Actually enjoy your lifetime ban.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have already been banned for the rest of your life. Because of this post you were just banned for another lifetime.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

3rd lifetime.

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

IP Ban. And a 4th lifetime.

Also all of your family members are now banned. For life.

tenor.gif?itemid=16410983

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wow, just got up, what did I miss, United Who gets a life time ban, and DWC also has a simultaneous Meltdown. This lock down is driving folks crazy?

Reading United Who's posts it was clear he wanted us to ban him. Maybe he was spending too much time here. You just don't post what he did if you want to stay here.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Reading United Who's posts it was clear he wanted us to ban him. Maybe he was spending too much time here. You just don't post what he did if you want to stay here.

Agreed it’s a fans forum, he’s always had a thing about the fans, and also a little self-loathing, but comparing the team to a disabled child is wrong on so many levels.

• Upvote 1