CBS Sports Network replaying 2009 AFC Championship: Jets vs Colts

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jay Feely just knocked in a 48 yard field goal to score off a Colts turnover.

Jets 17 Colts 6

1:59 left in the 1st half.

Right here is where I made the stupid mistake of actually believe it was gonna happen, I asked my friend who was a Giants fan what do I do like I just scratched off the million dollar winner.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Right here is where I made the stupid mistake of actually believe it was gonna happen, I asked my friend who was a Giants fan what do I do like I just scratched off the million dollar winner.

While I rewatch this game I realize just how much I miss Jets playoff football. 

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Felt the same way. Felt different at half time

The Jets lead in the AFC championship game on the road in 1998 versus Denver and then here versus the Colts. Lost both.

Amazingly, the following year when they lost to Pittsburgh they trailed huge in the first half. As far as I know, the Jets are the only team to shut out someone in a conference championship game in the 2nd half and still lose. They blanked the Steelers in that 2nd half.

Moral of this story – need to host the next conference championship game and not play it on the road.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets lead in the AFC championship game on the road in 1998 versus Denver and then here versus the Colts. Lost both.

Amazingly, the following year when they lost to Pittsburgh they trailed huge in the first half. As far as I know, the Jets are the only team to shut out someone in a conference championship game in the 2nd half and still lose. They blanked the Steelers in that 2nd half.

Moral of this story – need to host the next conference championship game and not play it on the road.

I was at the Pittsburgh game, walking out of that stadium after the game I told him that the Jets need to play one of these games at home.  Who knew we wouldn't see the playoffs for at least another decade?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

In addition to Shonn Greene getting hurt on the first carry of the second half. 

That was huge, Jones was playing hurt and had nothing so once Greene left we had no threat of a run game against those 2 great pass rushers that Indy had.

9 hours ago, PS17 said:

20 seaso season andIn addition to Shonn Greene getting hurt on the first carry of the second half. 

That is when I remember the game turning.  That and the two minute drive Peyton led before halftime.  After that drive you knew we needed to grind the ball out on the ground, get some points and keep the ball away from Manning.  Then when Greene went down, it killed our ground and pound attack.

Really thought we had something special in Greene late in that 2009 season.  Never reached that level again though.

18 minutes ago, Barton said:

Horrible loss. I figured the Steelers would beat the Jets in 2010, but that 2009 team had the Colts on the damn ropes. So damn close to the SB. 

The colts were significantly better than us in 2009, we were as good or better than Pittsburgh in 2010.

Just now, nyjunc said:

The colts were significantly better than us in 2009, we were as good or better than Pittsburgh in 2010.

If the Colts were so much better, how come the Jets were up by 10 points late in the 2nd quarter?? Colts were a better team but it didnt matter. Jets had that game. Best team doesnt always win. Jets blew it, just my opinion.

Pitt in 2010 - not saying I disagree with you but you saw the Jets celebrate after beating the Pats the week before right? Those chumps acted liked they won the SB. I saw their balloon getting popped by Pitt and thats exactly what happened. Poor leadership from Rex, as usual.