2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

If he turns out like Tunsil theres no problem.

Well now we know which Tackle is gonna be there at 11 for us. I think this does throw a wrench in our draft plans - either we were hoping he would be picked before 11 or maybe we were gonna pick him at 11. Not Good News!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did he have marijuana in his system or maybe a diluted sample like Baun? Or was he snorting coke off a stripper’s ass the night before the Combine?

I live in Indy.  There are no strippers in the city worth the risk lol. 

Posted Images

Becton is a more athletic version of Orlando Brown Jr., despite holding an extra 20lbs. 

Brown Jr., if you’ll recall, was a college LT drafted by the Ravens in 2018 and went on to play RT in the Pro Bowl two years later. 

Given their similarity in size (both are 6’7, with 35” arms), position flexibility, and the fact that Ozzie picked the LESS athletic one, I wouldn’t be overly shocked if JD wasn’t opposed to making the big man his first ever draft pick expecting similar results. The idea that we can now drop back with the Falcons/Broncos or maybe even the Eagles and still have a shot at getting him would only make his first pick all the more sweeter. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t dislike him, unlike others here, he’s got the highest ceiling (no pun). If it’s weed I’ve not got a problem.

We could trade back with Atlanta and still get him. I actually like Jones he’s 24 but that’s fine.

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We need to know what drug it was.  And, we need to know where he got it.

And then we need to go get some.

You know, to test it. 

Labrador.

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I hope this makes him slide down to us at #11. A little weed never hurt anyone. I proooof of that i am.😁👌

Hopefully it was just a little. But a lot would be concerning. He never had any issues come up in college so that’s a good sign. 

• Upvote 2

It's probably a diluted sample if I had to guess. I don't believe they are testing for the devil's lettuce anymore. Becton is 3rd on my list of tackles behind Wills and Thomas, I would still take him at #11 unless he's got some serious issues.

Perhaps this gets me closer to my CeeDee Lamb to the Jets dream

9 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Was hoping one of the teams in front of us would take him (Giants, Arizona or Cleveland).

Not good for the Jets.

Depends......This could scare off some teams.  Now the top 3 OL is probably sure to be gone by 11.

If I am Joe Douglas, I am calling teams right now to talk about draft day trades.  Somebody will want to trade up.

Burrow

Tua

Justin Herbert

Chase Young

Jeff Okudah

Isiah Simmons

Jedrick Wills

Tristan Wirfs

Andrew Thomas

Derrick Brown

One of the WR's could go in the top 10, leaving one of these players available for 11.  If Javon Kinlaw squeaks in, two of those players are available.  If the top 3 OL's are gone, the Jets move down, maybe make extra picks now, and still have a shot at Becton further down in the first, or take Josh Jones or Austin Jackson.  Imagine taking a shot on Becton AND getting him at around 18 AND picking up multiple picks?

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I won't judge him. Could be marijuana. He's a kid I'm 34 with nephews and nieces older than him. I've always wanted WR RD1 but that doesn't mean he won't become a beast of a hog just means he could need some proper guidance and veteran leadership presence rather than a bunch of only live once types of college kids and wild football players. Mistakes happen still a top Offensive Lineman. 

They said he never failed a test in college.  And he was “flagged”...is that the same as “failed”?  I agree that mistakes do happen.  If he does end up receiving a failed sample, I hope it was a rare one time thing.  Very different than having a video of you smoking a bong with a gas mask, the day of the draft.  

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, RobR said:

Every source and interview that I have found said he's a good kid that doesn't like the party scene. If it's weed it should be a non factor with his draft status since most of the players in the league already use it. 

I agree, that should eliminate weed. But it also would mean it's something much worse in NFL eyes, like PED's. That will make a difference.

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I didn’t think it could be weed because new CBA doesn’t test for weed. 

What it actually says is they won't be suspended for weed.  Don't know if they still test for it.  Seems silly to test for it if there is no punishment, but not sure.

"With the new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) signed between the National Football League and the players union, NFL players will no longer be suspended for positive marijuana tests under the new policy, according to The Sporting News."

• Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, Lil O said:

They said he never failed a test in college.  And he was “flagged”...is that the same as “failed”?  I agree that mistakes do happen.  If he does end up receiving a failed sample, I hope it was a rare one time thing.  Very different than having a video of you smoking a bong with a gas mask, the day of the draft.  

To play Devil's advocate here....after the Pitino fiasco, and the disaster that was Julie Herrmann, the witch that Rutgers hired to be AD, that was from Louisville, and lasted about 10 minutes before they threw her ass out, does anyone feel confident that somebody is watching the store at Louisville?

They should say what drug it is if they’re going to release he failed a test. If it’s weed? Who cares. If it’s coke and he did it right before the combine? Seriously dumbass but still take him if it’s not an addiction problem. If it’s pills or some other hardcore drug? Get him help and don’t draft him. If it’s PED? Don’t draft him until the 5th or later.