Ultimate Sporting event attendance wish list

So all this virus stuff has made me realize how much everything can just go away in an instant, including sports. And while i'm lucky enough to go to work every day, essentially work by myself and have TONS on time to think, which made me realize that Ive wasted a lot of time over the years trying to attend a Jets game at every stadium. While that is still the ultimate goal, I compiled a list of sporting events that if I don't attend in my life, I will forever regret it:

- Indy 500

- Rose Bowl 

- Iron Bowl at Bryant Denny Stadium 

- The Masters 

- Kentucky Derby 

- LSU at  Night 

- Penn State White Out game 

- USC vs Notre Dame at South Bend 

- Super Bowl (Not going unless its Jets, so this will never happen)

- College Football Championship Game

- Final 4 

- Blue Jays game at Sky Dome (staying in the hotel and watching from my room)

What are your games/events you want to attend. 

• Upvote 3

Definitely NOT a waste of time seeing all the road stadiums, any team, any sport any time. Take that back. 

A couple more things to consider:

- Game 7 World Series (or any WS, LCD, DCS game)

- Any regular season baseball game in Japan, but preferably at Koshien Stadium (Hanshin Tigers)

- Man U vs Liverpool Premier League

- 2026 FIFA World Cup final in the Meadowlands (plus a few key matches along the way)

- Hockey game in Russia

- Summer Olympics medal races

- US Open Tennis final in Queens 

10 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

So all this virus stuff has made me realize how much everything can just go away in an instant, including sports. And while i'm lucky enough to go to work every day, essentially work by myself and have TONS on time to think, which made me realize that Ive wasted a lot of time over the years trying to attend a Jets game at every stadium. While that is still the ultimate goal, I compiled a list of sporting events that if I don't attend in my life, I will forever regret it:

- Indy 500

- Rose Bowl 

- Iron Bowl at Bryant Denny Stadium 

- The Masters 

- Kentucky Derby 

- LSU at  Night 

- Penn State White Out game 

- USC vs Notre Dame at South Bend 

- Super Bowl (Not going unless its Jets, so this will never happen)

- College Football Championship Game

- Final 4 

- Blue Jays game at Sky Dome (staying in the hotel and watching from my room)

What are your games/events you want to attend. 

Dude this is a great topic!

My top item is seeing the Jets in person while they WIN the Super Bowl.  I have seen the Yankees win the World Series, the Jets remain on the clock.

My biggest wish list item is a little strange but I want to do an RV trip for a weekend trifecta. Was hoping to do it this fall but that is clearly out. Something like this:

• Friday night lights, one of those crazy high school football game maybe in Texas, Florida or Alabama
  • Saturday:  Big time college football game. Would have to be somewhere I could drive to on Friday night late and be ready for tailgating on Saturday morning early.
  • Sunday:  Jets on the road, somewhere I could drive to after the game on Saturday and be ready for Sunday morning tailgating.

Actually, a trifecta is WEAK.  Let's go for four.

Monday night football on the road. Obviously wouldn't be the Jets if they were playing on Sunday but would be cool to tailgate again and watch another game.

Otherwise, everyone does tell me that the Nascar tailgates are the best. The ones were you watch from your RV. I am not into Nascar but I would definitely like to check it out at some point in time.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

My top item is seeing the Jets in person while they WIN the Super Bowl.  I have seen the Yankees win the World Series, the Jets remain on the clock.

My biggest wish list item is a little strange but I want to do an RV trip for a weekend trifecta. Was hoping to do it this fall but that is clearly out. Something like this:

• Friday night lights, one of those crazy high school football game maybe in Texas, Florida or Alabama
  • Saturday:  Big time college football game. Would have to be somewhere I could drive to on Friday night late and be ready for tailgating on Saturday morning early.
  • Sunday:  Jets on the road, somewhere I could drive to after the game on Saturday and be ready for Sunday morning tailgating.

Monday night football on the road. Obviously wouldn't be the Jets if they were playing on Sunday but would be cool to tailgate again and watch another game.

Otherwise, everyone does tell me that the Nascar tailgates are the best. The ones were you watch from your RV. I am not into Nascar but I would definitely like to check it out at some point in time.

I was in Yankee Stadium for Reggies 3 home runs.   Which game for you? 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jets are scheduled to be in Houston in 2021

Friday: Odessa, Permian HS (from Friday Night Lights)

Sat: Austin, U Texas

Sun. Houston vs Jets

Mon. Game in New Orleans

Very doable. If the tumblers of the lock of time all come together right ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I was in Yankee Stadium for Reggies 3 home runs.   Which game for you? 

I was lucky enough to go to several World Series games during the run. I had season tickets and worked for a large food wholesaler so there were plenty of corporate seats.

My favorite two world series games were 1998 vs Padres Game One and Subway Series Armando Benitez Game one melt down, Yankees win in extra innings.

I want to get my son there, I need the Yankees to cooperate.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Jets are scheduled to be in Houston in 2021

Friday: Odessa, Permian HS (from Friday Night Lights)

Sat: Austin, U Texas

Sun. Houston vs Jets

Mon. Game in New Orleans

Very doable. If the tumblers of the lock of time all come together right ...

Damn you just mapped that out for me pretty good!  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, The Crimson King said:

Definitely NOT a waste of time seeing all the road stadiums, any team, any sport any time. Take that back. 

A couple more things to consider:

- Game 7 World Series (or any WS, LCD, DCS game)

- Any regular season baseball game in Japan, but preferably at Koshien Stadium (Hanshin Tigers)

- Man U vs Liverpool Premier League

- 2026 FIFA World Cup final in the Meadowlands (plus a few key matches along the way)

- Hockey game in Russia

- Summer Olympics medal races

- US Open Tennis final in Queens 

Thought youd like this....

wdrres.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, Maxman said:

I have done a couple of trifecta's, but never been able to work  out the quad.  

First one was Jets - Phins in Miami, last week of the season.  The Santonio Holmes benching game.  Followed by Georgia-Michigan State in the Outback Bowl the next day and Clemson - WVU in the Orange Bowl on day 3.  

But the best one was 2015.  Flew in to NY with my son.  Mets-Cubs NLCS game 1 on Satruday night.  Jets - Skins at Met Life on Sunday afternoon.  Dropped my boy off at the airport after the Jets won and then met my buddy at Citi Filed for LCS game 2.  3 games.  All 3 Ws for my wins in just over 24 hours.  Then I was at Wrigley to see the Mets finish off the Cubs in game 4.  That was a fun few days.

As to my wish list.  It all starts and ends with the Jets at this point.  See them win an AFCCG and Super Bowl really trumps all else.