What pick will get you excited/angry?

The only round 1 players that are acceptable are the 4 OTs, 3 WRs, Chase Young and Jeffrey Okudah. If we leave with any of those guys preferably not Okudah then I’ll be so pumped. Also I’m not trading down unless it’s a 1st and 2nd. We are in no position to pass on any of those 7 players unless it’s for a 1+ a 2, or a 1+ a player (16+Ridley/Julio) so If we move down for anything less than something like that I’ll be pissed. Also If we draft Austin Jackson I’ll be pissed. After watching Epenesa demolish him in their last game I want no part of him

• Upvote 1

imo they need to get at least 2 olinemen and one good wr out of this draft.  hard to say if any of even the top players are going to pan out but it would be great if they go oline in the first round then wr in second and oline in third.  after that whatever floats their boat.

• Post of the Week 1

I’ll have a variety of opinions on a tackle or a wide receiver but I’ll generally be happy. I’ll be least concerned about Thomas, Wills, Becton, and Wirfs I’m that order and most excited about Becton, Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills in that order. Least concerned about Lamb, Jeudy, then Ruggs and most excited about Ruggs, Lamb, then Jeudy.

I think the meat of this class where Douglas can really do work is in rounds 2 and 3 so I’ll be more excited than most fans if he trades down and there’s nobody who I’d be happy enough with to justify a trade up...in the first round.

Any defensive player before the third round will have me very unhappy unless it’s like Young at 11 after a video of him taking bong hits circulates during the draft or Chaisson at 48.

The first round one that would be the most interesting in a confusing way is a running back. Not a defensive player but..why. But Douglas must love him. Haven’t done work on the top backs so won’t know what I think. That’d be the trickiest from an excitement standpoint. Or Kmet I guess. Or a massive WR reach who I don’t like at eleven. Love Jefferson and Mims so they’d be confusing but awesome. Somehow taking like Hamler or Aiyuk at eleven or Hamler in the first at all? Meh.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets make their pick...who’s making you jump off the couch in excitement? I’m not talking what’s the “right pick”, just what you think you’ll reaction will be to these diff guys.  

Here’s my range of emotions:

Juedy, Lamb: LFG!! 

Thomas, Wills, Wirfs: “Great pick”

Becton: “Nice...(while worried a little on the inside)” 

Ruggs: “Not what I expected but hey it’s a WR” then proceed to JetNation in hopes to be convinced he’ll be the Jets Tyreek Hill.

Any defensive player: WTF

Wut about BAP, tho?

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Sooo taking Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs will piss you off? Cmon this is an easy game. 

I’m not a fan of jeudy, i think he’ll have trouble with press coverage in the pros.  And i think the difference between the top 3 wrs and the 2nd tier isn’t as wide as is portrayed.  I would rather trade back and take Jefferson or Mims and get extra day 2 picks, then simply take lamb at 11.  I like lamb and think he’ll be good, but it’s the use of the draft capital.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m not a fan of jeudy, i think he’ll have trouble with press coverage in the pros.  And i think the difference between the top 3 wrs and the 2nd tier isn’t as wide as is portrayed.  I would rather trade back and take Jefferson or Mims and get extra day 2 picks, then simply take lamb at 11.  I like lamb and think he’ll be good, but it’s the use of the draft capital.

So angry. Got it. 

Unless we trade a certain player or players for more picks in the draft, I will be an irate lunatic if we take ANY wide receiver with pick #11.

There is a clear and obvious path that we need to take to build and fill the team needs. This starts with trading a player for picks, and taking the best offensive lineman we can in the first round. 

To me there is no other option or it is just instant failure.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Unless we trade a certain player or players for more picks in the draft, I will be an irate lunatic if we take ANY wide receiver with pick #11.

There is a clear and obvious path that we need to take to build and fill the team needs. This starts with trading a player for picks, and taking the best offensive lineman we can in the first round. 

To me there is no other option or it is just instant failure.

The men in white coats have been notified.

• Haha 1

Players that would get me excited in the later rounds that I think will be instant starters and would be very excited about

Edge Curtis Weaver.

RB Zack Moss

WR Donovan People's -Jones

WR Antonio Gandy golden

Listen guys the choice is obvious. We have to either trade Jamal Adams or  Quinnen Williams for more picks! Or trade Bell for a pick or player, or use Williamson to move around up or down!

This draft in particular if done right, is so deep at every position of need that we can turn this team around overnight!

The only D pick I wouldn't throw a sh*t storm over would be Simmons as he can play all three downs and could have an impact anywhere on the field. Past I.S. anything other than a stud OT or WR (assuming the OTs are gone) and I will not be happy, which is normal on draft day. Stud dbs are becoming more and more trivial with multiple receiver sets being normal, we saw teams avoid Revis and just go to the other 3 wrs. Just say no to DBs and DTs.