Just a question

22 hours ago, usanyj said:

Probably, look what happened to tunsil that year he was drafted. Sure their were pictures. But I just think if you’re that stupid to have some drug in you when you know you’ll be tested and the combine is legit where you need to show out to make millions. It makes you question someone’s determination and grit.

well, the whole cheating has become sophisticated...  so maybe, you think you can cheat and mask the agent or clear it in time...

see Lance Armstrong...    cheated his way to 7 TDF wins

22 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

A question to all you draft gurus :

Tristan Wirfs (Iowa), Jedrick Willis Jr. (Alabama), Andrew Thomas (Georgia) and Becton  were projected to be selected in the first 10-15 picks of the first round. With the latest news coming about Becton, are we on the road outside looking in in regards to drafting an OT?

its a possibility...

i mean teams ahead can either make a run on OT's or WRs...   

Teams that badly need an OT:
Giants (4)
Chargers (6)
Cardinals (8)
Jags (9)
Browns (10)
Jets (11)
Bucs (14)
Broncos (15)

The odds that the 4 top guys are all there at 16 are low

Odds of them all being there are 0. The odds of one of them being there are high. OT is not the only need for any of those teams and not the biggest need for all of them. You think chargers don't take a qb if there is one they like? Broncos, browns, cards, jags could go with a wr? Giants could take a defensive player? It is unlikely all of the offensive linemen would be gone imo there are other players teams will like to fill their needs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Odds of them all being there are 0. The odds of one of them being there are high. OT is not the only need for any of those teams and not the biggest need for all of them. You think chargers don't take a qb if there is one they like? Broncos, browns, cards, jags could go with a wr? Giants could take a defensive player? It is unlikely all of the offensive linemen would be gone imo there are other players teams will like to fill their needs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

That's seven other teams that need an ot. It's the clear number 1 need for Cleveland, Tampa, Denver, and Arizona, probably co-number 1 for Jacksonville. NYG have a GM who loves drafting ol and spent number one picks on a RB & QB the last two years. And the charges may not be set on a qb, especially if the one they want goes to Miami. 

Since it was announced the draft would be virtual, I think Bechton was slipping to us before this weed thing.

Now that GM’s will basically be rolling solo come decision time, I think teams are going to be looking for more high floor players vs. high ceiling.

It’ll be safer picks and more sure things.

Thomas is the safest pick out of the top 4 OT’s. People will debate that, but it’s not really debatable with his college production. 

Wills and Bechton have more promise and have the chance to be all pro’s. Wirfs I think will be a very good RT. Nothing wrong with that, but if we’re looking for a franchise LT...I see Josh Jones as more of a fit than Wirfs.

Anyway, I don’t think the weed thing is going to hurt Bechton much, especially with the new CBA.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Since it was announced the draft would be virtual, I think Bechton was slipping to us before this weed thing.

Now that GM’s will basically be rolling solo come decision time, I think teams are going to be looking for more high floor players vs. high ceiling.

It’ll be safer picks and more sure things.

Thomas is the safest pick out of the top 4 OT’s. People will debate that, but it’s not really debatable with his college production. 

Wills and Bechton have more promise and have the chance to be all pro’s. Wirfs I think will be a very good RT. Nothing wrong with that, but if we’re looking for a franchise LT...I see Josh Jones as more of a fit than Wirfs.

Anyway, I don’t think the weed thing is going to hurt Bechton much, especially with the new CBA.

I read this a bunch.  Why?  Wirfs is physically among the best tackle prospects ever. He's got longer arms than Jones or Clevaland.  Thomas is a miniscule amount faster in the cone and shuttle.  Jones didn't run those, but Wirfs slaughtered them both in the jumps.  I get being worried about moving him right to left, but I'd be more worried about the talent jump from Houston.  I am not drafting Jones at 11. 

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I read this a bunch.  Why?  Wirfs is physically among the best tackle prospects ever. He's got longer arms than Jones or Clevaland.  Thomas is a miniscule amount faster in the cone and shuttle.  Jones didn't run those, but Wirfs slaughtered them both in the jumps.  I get being worried about moving him right to left, but I'd be more worried about the talent jump from Houston.  I am not drafting Jones at 11. 

I wouldn’t take Jones at 11. I’d take him if we traded down.

Wirfs, yes is a physical monster. But he lacks technique and is better at run blocking, than pass protection.

He’s definitely going to be a very good player, but not at LT. I wouldn’t hate taking Wirfs. But, I just have him ranked a bit lower.