My guess at the Top 11 players on Jets' Draft Board..

Assuming QBs are not on the Board...

1. Chase Young DE Ohio St
  2. Jeff Okudah CB Ohio St
  3. Tristan Wirfs OL Iowa - I think his versatility and athleticism put him #1 on Douglass' board 
  4. Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson - Overall skillset and immediate impact would be attractive to Jets/Williams 
  5. Jedrick Wills OL Alabama 
  6. Andrew Thomas OL UGA
  7. Mekhi Becton OL Louisville - Doubt the drug test thing drops him much 
  8. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
  9. CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
  10. Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
  11. Derrick Brown DL Auburn

17 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Assuming QBs are not on the Board...

1. Chase Young DE Ohio St
  2. Jeff Okudah CB Ohio St
  3. Tristan Wirfs OL Iowa - I think his versatility and athleticism put him #1 on Douglass' board 
  4. Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson - Overall skillset and immediate impact would be attractive to Jets/Williams 
  5. Jedrick Wills OL Alabama 
  6. Andrew Thomas OL UGA
  7. Mekhi Becton OL Louisville - Doubt the drug test thing drops him much 
  8. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
  9. CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
  10. Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
  11. Derrick Brown DL Auburn

Interesting. Not my thought on how they would line up. My guess, keeping in mind Douglas grading system is not round based but need, fit weighted:

1. Andrew Thomas (I think he is one of the "wronger" players, pretty safe plug in starter with floor of above average, All Pro ceiling)

2. Tristin Wirfs (Almost exact measureables as Fant, best zone scheme fit)

3. Cee Dee Lamb (I think Pauline said #1 WR on Jets board)

4. Jedrick Wills (First OL below a WR, but likely RT, so plan might be WR and trade up for Jones if Wills and Lamb are there)

5. Henry Ruggs (Super athletic, supposed to be a Gates type receiver, copycat of the thug in KC but good character, might be underrated)

6. Jerry Jeudy (2nd best pure WR in draft, think they take him over defense)

7. Jeff Okudah (If all 6 are gone above and could be, I think they select what they will feel is Revis 2.0)

8. Isiah Simmons (If the Jets trade Jamal he would be picked if there, if not likely look to trade down)

9. Josh Jones (The best of the rest of the OT. If the draft goes really bad for the Jets- 1 QB in Top 10 say, will they reach?)

10. Justin Jefferson/Henderson Probably a toss up here

Becton is too risky and not a great fit. With the drug test, I think he is off the 1st round board but we may take a chance at 48 if he falls that far

Wild card: If Tua falls to 11 I could see the Jets taking him. It would be a shock, but we would have competent back up. If Darnold doesnt develop you have him in the wings, and if he gets healthy and Darnold plays well can likely trade him for more than #11 value in a year. Would be a controversial pick but I could see the benefit. Anyone wish we had gotten depth at QB instead of Jamal?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Interesting. Not my thought on how they would line up. My guess, keeping in mind Douglas grading system is not round based but need, fit weighted:

1. Andrew Thomas (I think he is one of the "wronger" players, pretty safe plug in starter with floor of above average, All Pro ceiling)

2. Tristin Wirfs (Almost exact measureables as Fant, best zone scheme fit) Wills: I think Wills can play LT. I think he is one of the most athletic OTs in this draft period and his upside is immense, more so than Wifrs. I'm just flipping Wills with Wirfs.  

3. Cee Dee Lamb (I think Pauline said #1 WR on Jets board)

4. Jedrick Wills (First OL below a WR, but likely RT, so plan might be WR and trade up for Jones if Wills and Lamb are there) Just have Wirfs here instead of Wills. 

5. Henry Ruggs (Super athletic, supposed to be a Gates type receiver, copycat of the thug in KC but good character, might be underrated)

6. Jerry Jeudy (2nd best pure WR in draft, think they take him over defense)

7. Jeff Okudah (If all 6 are gone above and could be, I think they select what they will feel is Revis 2.0)

8. Isiah Simmons (If the Jets trade Jamal he would be picked if there, if not likely look to trade down)

9. Becton: I don't think JD if overly concerned with the drug test and I think Becton has the upside to be fine fit in the system. He's just so massive and athletic he can learn to play in any system. And I think a guy like JD won't be scared to roll the dice on a guy like him if he likes him. This is why I have him ahead of Jones. Pure upside and JDs ability to see that upside. 

10. Josh Jones (The best of the rest of the OT. If the draft goes really bad for the Jets- 1 QB in Top 10 say, will they reach?)

10. Justin Jefferson/Henderson Probably a toss up here

Becton is too risky and not a great fit. With the drug test, I think he is off the 1st round board but we may take a chance at 48 if he falls that far

Wild card: If Tua falls to 11 I could see the Jets taking him. It would be a shock, but we would have competent back up. If Darnold doesnt develop you have him in the wings, and if he gets healthy and Darnold plays well can likely trade him for more than #11 value in a year. Would be a controversial pick but I could see the benefit. Anyone wish we had gotten depth at QB instead of Jamal?

If Tua falls to 11 I can't imagine there not being a trade offer and I can't imagine JD not taking said offer to take a banged up QB with Darnold as your starter. Its a bit absurd. Why draft a QB with a history of injuries when you have a young QB and the 11th overall draft pick. What if Tua sucks, what if he gets hurt in training camp? I would def. not risk that. 

I agree with a couple of changes. 

• Upvote 1