Last to post in this thread wins

gustoonarmy

I suppose I could get it treated and end up on the other side of the spectrum (hypothyroidism) but I've learned by now how to keep my weight. If I did that I'd probably balloon really really quickly and have no idea what to do with it. I guess I don't have much to complain about, relative to people with serious (i.e. life-impacting) health problems, which is probably some people on this board. So just ignore my rant.

Time zones are such a pain. Abolish them. If it's 4pm here, it should be 4pm everywhere, irrespective of the sun's position.

Would make Monday Night Football a lot easier to watch, too...

Yeah, that is why I am glad to be in the Central time zone. Game is on at a decent hour.

I suppose I could get it treated and end up on the other side of the spectrum (hypothyroidism) but I've learned by now how to keep my weight. If I did that I'd probably balloon really really quickly and have no idea what to do with it. I guess I don't have much to complain about, relative to people with serious (i.e. life-impacting) health problems, which is probably some people on this board. So just ignore my rant.

You have to monitor that. The fast is more dangerous than the slow. I used to have a pretty fast metabolism, but now my thyroid is slow. So far I've been able to avoid the hormone sh*t, but mine is pretty mild. A little difficult to cut the gut, a little sleepy and a little chilly. No big deal for me.

You have to monitor that. The fast is more dangerous than the slow. I used to have a pretty fast metabolism, but now my thyroid is slow. So far I've been able to avoid the hormone sh*t, but mine is pretty mild. A little difficult to cut the gut, a little sleepy and a little chilly. No big deal for me.

Yeah...I've been keeping track of my metabolism and everything since I started being active again lol. I'm always afraid that if I stop working out my metabolism will drop to normal or slower because it doesn't have that extra "kick" (I don't know if that's a valid fear, but whatever). In the meantime though I can deal with the symptoms. I'm considering walking on to my college's track team--I can keep up with my sister who runs D1, so competing in D3 at some event that no one wants to do probably isn't that unrealistic. I want to be forced to work out and everything according to a schedule--but I also don't. ha

I can't tell the difference between my contact lenses being inside-out or rightside-in. It's rather annoying. None of the "tests" seem to help. The thing looks like a perfect semi-sphere from both sides and there's no laser etchings. Both sides fold into a taco. Maybe the damn thing's reversible and they're all ****ing with me.

So you are old. ;)

It sucks.

hypo, hyperthyroidism can happen at any age, and both are easily corrected... unless ignored... and can be quite dangerous ignored...

Yeah, I'm making sure to watch it--and all the bad symptoms that go along with it. My doctor thinks it's best if I don't do anything about it unless it becomes a real concern because treating it could potentially be worse for my health if I don't adapt well to it. And the college life doesn't really leave me much room to change my diet or sleeping patterns...

I said "it" a lot there. I think I sound dumber when I type on my phone.

I struggle to understand the coffee and bagel morning breakfast duo. It seems like the most natural grouping and they taste great together. But my digestive system simply cannot handle it. Why must this be the case? Am I damned to a tea and oatmeal breakfast future?

Tea and oatmeal? Dear lord man! I had six bowls of Sugar Pops (When did they stop using the foil inner bags? Bastards!) before I left the house and a 32 ounce coffee at the office. Without the caffeine and sugar I would be face down on this keyboard. Tea makes me feel like an old lady. That's why I have it before bed.

Tea and oatmeal? Dear lord man! I had six bowls of Sugar Pops (When did they stop using the foil inner bags? Bastards!) before I left the house and a 32 ounce coffee at the office. Without the caffeine and sugar I would be face down on this keyboard. Tea makes me feel like an old lady. That's why I have it before bed.

I like tea and oatmeal because I can run right afterwards without seeing that food again. But my breakfast time shindig usually ends up being tea and oatmeal--run--coffee and bagel--start my day. Irish tea is the sh*t--can't beat Barry's tea.

During the school year, my morning becomes: wake up ten minutes before class, get a muffin and a coffee at the stand by the classes, eat that in class, get another coffee after the first class, etc. until lunch. Free coffee ftw.

I have to keep it under 6 cups or 4 espressi. After that I can have trouble sleeping and I get a headache if I go more than 8 hours without another. I used to be able to drink it with impugnity, but alas, those days are over.

I'd rather have a shot of the cheapest vodka than drink espresso...coffee and latte's are my cup of tea.*

* That's probably the worst usage of that idiom ever. Woot.

I'd rather have a shot of the cheapest vodka than drink espresso...coffee and latte's are my cup of tea.*

* That's probably the worst usage of that idiom ever. Woot.

Depends where you're getting 'em. It took me months to find a decent place in New York. They opened a good cafe right on 17th Ave in Brooklyn. Most of the girls there can make a dent macchiato for $2. Not like that crap from Starbucks. I haven't tried one here - I'll just bring my machine down and grind my own.

Depends where you're getting 'em. It took me months to find a decent place in New York. They opened a good cafe right on 17th Ave in Brooklyn. Most of the girls there can make a dent macchiato for $2. Not like that crap from Starbucks. I haven't tried one here - I'll just bring my machine down and grind my own.

I've only had one from the free espresso/latte/cappuccino machine in school, so I'd say that's probably it. The actual beans they use aren't nice but there's enough milk in the latte to make up for it. Can't complain with it being free.

I can't wait until I'm out of college so I can actually worry about getting my own food. For the summers I just eat whatever's around because that's what I've always done.

Tea? Coffee? Screw that.

Sugar loaded breakfast cereal is the only way to go.

I've never really liked any sugary cereals, except I guess Cap'n Crunch. But I think those things might be made from discarded razor blades--the roof of my mouth is raw after a bowl. Can't their brilliant food engineers come up with something like it that isn't sharp/unpleasant?

I do have a soft spot for pop-tarts though. Wild berry is the greatest, most elusive flavor ever.

Tea? Coffee? Screw that.

Sugar loaded breakfast cereal is the only way to go.

See above. I prefer both coffee AND sugar loaded breakfast cereal.

I've only had one from the free espresso/latte/cappuccino machine in school, so I'd say that's probably it. The actual beans they use aren't nice but there's enough milk in the latte to make up for it. Can't complain with it being free.

I can't wait until I'm out of college so I can actually worry about getting my own food. For the summers I just eat whatever's around because that's what I've always done.

Yeah. I'm the same. Now that there is no wife around to take care of me I am living like a college kid again. It's not pretty. I have to get it together

I've never really liked any sugary cereals, except I guess Cap'n Crunch. But I think those things might be made from discarded razor blades--the roof of my mouth is raw after a bowl. Can't their brilliant food engineers come up with something like it that isn't sharp/unpleasant?

I do have a soft spot for pop-tarts though. Wild berry is the greatest, most elusive flavor ever.

You can't rush the Cap'n. You have to let him sit in the bowl for a bit. You can't just start eating willy nilly as soon as you fill the bowl! That sh*t is dangerous!

See above. I prefer both coffee AND sugar loaded breakfast cereal.

Yeah. I'm the same. Now that there is no wife around to take care of me I am living like a college kid again. It's not pretty. I have to get it together

You can't rush the Cap'n. You have to let him sit in the bowl for a bit. You can't just start eating willy nilly as soon as you fill the bowl! That sh*t is dangerous!

12%20your%20argument%20is%20invalid.jpg

I hate this whole buying suits thing. I can tell in others whose suit fits properly, but when it comes to myself? No idea. I wish it was easier to buy for my height/build. Gotta go back and get my pants tailored because they're too wide/baggy--the crotch area is too long I think. That's probably inviting jokes, but I could have a third leg there and the thing would still look a bit odd.

Also got shirts that were too big--but they fit perfectly on the arms. Can't win.

So the movie Battleship has a clip of Obama saying something he never said but it sounds exactly as if he said it.

Edit: it also might be the worst movie ever made and I saw Godzilla vs Megalon.

Also Captain America said something about one true jah in The Avengers.

Edited by SenorGato