Last to post in this thread wins

So far all it has meant is that I have to stay until 5, that I had to initial one document and that I got to send everybody (except me) home 59 minutes early.

that's why this is the one thing I actually just say no to...

they didnt let us go early, but we got two hours last Monday.

bah, holidays.

so crappy.

So far all it has meant is that I have to stay until 5, that I had to initial one document and that I got to send everybody (except me) home 59 minutes early.

You must be important. When I am left in charge, that is the one thing I can not give.

that's why this is the one thing I actually just say no to...

they didnt let us go early, but we got two hours last Monday.

bah, holidays.

so crappy.

We got all of last Monday. I am low man on the totem pole and I am nervous about being fiscal cliffed. I have to stay in their good graces. My office is the kind where they can probably keep me on even if things get pretty ugly, but they'd better like me.

You must be important. When I am left in charge, that is the one thing I can not give.

On the bright side, the office is empty!

We got all of last Monday. I am low man on the totem pole and I am nervous about being fiscal cliffed. I have to stay in their good graces. My office is the kind where they can probably keep me on even if things get pretty ugly, but they'd better like me.

Yeah, that is always in the back of my mind. Our director sent a memo explaining the situation to us, basically saying to come to work on the 2nd. He added there are no plans for furloughs/layoffs at this time. Now, he forwarded the memo from on-high and neglected to delete the original message which says there are two memos. Hmmm.

Oh you have to go to work on the 2nd. The furloughs won't happen until later. My real problem is more the last in, first out thing. My job is probably pretty easy to cut. If my boss puts me down as indispensible I will be fine, but how to make that happen?

That sucks.

If we are to be affected, I think they might do away with the contract support. They are up for re-negotiation and we have taken a lot of their better people on. Plus we have moved civies to shifts covering down...might be coincidence...or prudent planing.

.... I'm surprised that anyone here is ever dressed at all. it's the internet for heavens sake. there's no dress code.

and Dom, you work for a crazy cat lady, I know you can play that to your advantage. you've mentioned how good you are with... cats... and I believe you. just avoid eye contact and act disinterested, she'll be all over you.

the real way to be indispensable in civil service is to be blameable, tho... people will preserve their plausible deniability much longer than their competition.

Edited by cindy

• Maxman locked this topic