Last to post in this thread wins

not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

“Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Edited by Lizzard King

Welcome back Borgo.  Are you going to stick around?  Are you Cindy's alter ego?

Thanks.  I am not Cindy.

As for sticking around:  A few weeks ago--after the JI/JN "old home days"--Max was kind enough to allow me to visit here and post.  As I told him, I never liked how it ended between us.  I tried posting for a bit, but as I mentioned to Crush and Joe, so many of the folks with whom I interacted in the past are now gone. Plus, it's difficult to mend fractured relationships.

Right now, after a terse response from yours truly to one of the JI moderators, I am serving a two year banning.  I really don't want to start one of those hideous JN/JI threads (they never end well), so would be more than happy to explain my situation via PM.

Long answer is that I enjoy sharing my perspective in this message board format.  As long as you folks want me around, I'll continue to post my idiocy.

Edited by Borgoguy

Yeah, I can dig it.  Maybe it's time for me to retire from message board posting.  Take up needle point or canasta.

Ghost of Joey Ramone?  Is that you?  

Why quit?  Does my apathy bother you that much?  I'm happy to have the music and cooking references back.  Don't care about the nostril comments one way or the other. 

Why quit?  Does my apathy bother you that much?  I'm happy to have the music and cooking references back.  Don't care about the nostril comments one way or the other. 

3% my ass.

Not your apathy specifically, Dom.  That of the posting public at large.  Too many great posters who no longer participate in this, and other, message board forums.  It's all coming to an end very soon.  The younger folk want to communicate differently.

You have found the prefect thread.

LOL.  

Not your apathy specifically, Dom.  That of the posting public at large.  Too many great posters who no longer participate in this, and other, message board forums.  It's all coming to an end very soon.  The younger folk want to communicate differently.

LOL.  

Like when my son asked a girl out via Facebook.  *sigh*

4yzanezu.jpg

3% my ass.

Real men don't cook?

LOL.  

You don't like cat pictures and boobies?

Like when my son asked a girl out via Facebook.  *sigh*

4yzanezu.jpg

That is different.  At least to a 60s/70s kid like me.   She accept the offer of a date?

Real men don't cook?

You don't like cat pictures and boobies?

Hot chick images?  Absolutely.  (I'm not some uptight advertising moron.) I never found the cat "jokes" funny.  Okay, maybe one or two were passable.

That's directly related to my point about the message board world changing (or, more correctly, evaporating).  Many people would prefer to 

"post" using  images or gifs rather than words.  And when they do employ the written word, it's often an intentionally misspelled colloquialism or internet jargon.  That's a format for other social media outlets.  Folks like me, who enjoy more long-form writing, are becoming dinosaurs.

Look at the traffic on JN or JI. It's a fraction of what it was even a few years ago.  I think back fondly when tons of posters, here and over at the other place, were all trying to chime in to a topic.  Dom, the "golden age" is long gone and buried.  

Edited by Borgoguy

Yeah, I guess you're right. 

What are you going to do?  Buy a cabin on a deserted beach and write poetry? You can put your compositions in bottles and float them out to sea.  I understand bemoaning the changes in our culture, but running away because our genius is unappreciated certainly isn't going to solve anything

What are you going to do?  Buy a cabin on a deserted beach and write poetry? You can put your compositions in bottles and float them out to sea.  I understand bemoaning the changes in our culture, but running away because our genius is unappreciated certainly isn't going to solve anything

I wouldn't characterize it as "running away".  It's more the understanding that all things have a shelf life.  Or, at best, are cyclical.