Last to post in this thread wins

gustoonarmy

Cancer sucks.  Sorry to hear about both of your losses.

Lost both of my parents to cancer. My mother went quick.  She was given 6 mos. to a year. I went home on a Monday and left her in the hospital and she was doing good, sitting in a chair for the first time in a month and seemed well.  Five days later I get the call I need to get there quick.  She went less than a week after I originally left.

Wow, that's awful.  Condolences, as well.   Yeah, I was shocked at how fast my Mom went, too.  

I really wish a concerted effort, with unlimited resources, would be made by the world's powers into uncovering the keys to curing cancer.  Not new therapies.  But prevention strategies and identifying the bodies defense mechanisms to fight it from within.  We throw away so much money on frivolous enterprises.  Let's put our resources toward finding a cure for a disease which, if we live long enough, will afflict most of us. 

Edited by Borgoguy

Wow, that's awful.  Condolences, as well.   Yeah, I was shocked at how fast my Mom went, too.  

I really wish a concerted effort, with unlimited resources, would be made by the world's powers into uncovering the keys to curing cancer.  Not new therapies.  But prevention strategies and identifying the bodies defense mechanisms to fight it from within.  We throw away so much money on frivolous enterprises.  Let's put our resources toward finding a cure for a disease which, if we live long enough, will afflict most of us. 

Word.

Just as an example, the NFL is a billion dollar league.  They commit a month for awareness and has likely made the American Cancer Society a few million dollars.  A nice gesture, but a lot less than is actually needed.