OBJ update

14 minutes ago, docdhc said:

No attitude problem but Odell is at a "boiling point" over his numbers?  I'd say that is a big attitude problem.

Mike Freeman refuses to call out players for being headcases and consistently chooses to blame their environments for their poor behavior. He’s terrible. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

0768F703-09DC-4AE8-BB00-73B8C90F2AD6.jpeg

"boiling point"  "not a good fit with Mayfield"

THis sounds like he will be dealt for bargain prices.  But nothing will shock me more than Houston letting Nuke go for a 2nd & David Johnson.  If that's the standard for disgruntled stars, then OBJ is worth a 3rd

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him I rather just take Jerry Jeudy. 

But I can't lie he's an animal.

I couldn't care less if he's a diva (most star WRs are) because 464 receptions, 6,511 receiving yards and 48 TD Receptions (6 years). 

His numbers would be even greater (hard to believe) if not for missing 12 games (2017).

He's the most dominant WR I've ever seen outside of maybe only Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. 

Only reason I wouldn't give up our 1st is because he's now 27 years old (time goes by fast) and in 3 years he'll be 30 compared to a 23 year old in Jeudy who's just entering his prime. 

But pound for pound he's been one of the top 5 most dominant WR's I've ever watched. T.O in his prime ranks up there for me too. 

But if it's for something crazy like a 4th or 5th? lol. 

Odell Beckham and Jerry Jeudy on the outside for Darnold would become unstoppable. 

• Post of the Week 3

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

OBJ would make grabbing an OT (worthy OT) that much easier. Lamb/Jeudy and OBJ on both sides is suddenly a scary thought. theres a few ways to slice this and what an upgrade he would be.

OBJ to the Jets instantly changes offensive trajectory. You do realize we would have an offense with Le’Veon Bell and OBJ on the same team. Build the OL and let’s go.

You say you want him, but are you ready to pay for him?

Forget the nonsense people are suggesting to offer Cleveland thinking the Browns will just give him away. One guy said a 5th, another thinks a 3rd will get him, LOL.

I'm the Cleveland GM... I'm asking for your 1st round pick this year, and our late 3rd. The lowest I'll accept from Douglas, assuming he doesn't want to give up this years 1st, is this years 2nd, our two 3rds, and next years 2nd.

Do you still want to make the deal?

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Odell literally accused Gregg Williams of trying to knock him out of a pre-season game. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!

good.  He's a problem. He will create more angst than positive production.  Screw that.  Draft CeeDee. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Beckham is 'not a good fit' for Mayfield. 

What does that even mean?  Maybe Mayfield is not a good fit for Beckham?  It's not like he's a pure go-route WR playing with a noodle-armed QB.  Is CLE blaming any of Mayfield's 21 INTs last year (compared to 22 TDs) on Beckham?  It's one thing to say OBJ isn't a good fit on the team, but that is a very odd way to phrase it and makes me wonder if Mayfield had a sophomore slump, or if he's hit his ceiling and is heading to Tebow-ville.  In any case, it's clear that CLE is all in with him.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You say you want him, but are you ready to pay for him?

Forget the nonsense people are suggesting to offer Cleveland thinking the Browns will just give him away. One guy said a 5th, another thinks a 3rd will get him, LOL.

I'm the Cleveland GM... I'm asking for your 1st round pick this year, and our 3rd. The lowest I'll accept from Douglas, assuming he doesn't want to give up this years 1st, is this years 2nd, our two 3rds, and next years 2nd.

Do you still want to make the deal?

No of course not giving up a 1. However if it’s a 2 you think about it 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Beckham is 'not a good fit' for Mayfield. 

What does that even mean?  Maybe Mayfield is not a good fit for Beckham?  It's not like he's a pure go-route WR playing with a noodle-armed QB.  Is CLE blaming any of Mayfield's 21 INTs last year (compared to 22 TDs) on Beckham?  It's one thing to say OBJ isn't a good fit on the team, but that is a very odd way to phrase it and makes me wonder if Mayfield had a sophomore slump, or if he's hit his ceiling and is heading to Tebow-ville.  In any case, it's clear that CLE is all in with him.  

Beckham runs sloppy routes and doesnt have good hands. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mike Freeman refuses to call out players for being headcases and consistently chooses to blame their environments for their poor behavior. He’s terrible. 

Freeman had the Jets going RB at 11.  That should tell us all we need to know about what he brings to the table.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

What are you talking about? He’s on pace to be an all time legendary receiver. Even last years “down season” he still put up over 1000 yards 

He gets over targeted because he talks. He's always hurt and drops a ton of passes. Catch rate is mediocre compared to the other big receivers in the league. It's not a coincidence he's going to be on his 3rd team in 3 seasons.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Let him go to another. He’s the last thing the jets need. He’s a huge diva

Since Sam isn’t, it may actually work. If it’s not coat  prohibitive I would pull the trigger. We draft O line early, then draft  couple WO in this deep draft to add to Beckham.  Our offensive could turn into a force of nature  over draft weekend. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He gets over targeted because he talks. He's always hurt and drops a ton of passes. Catch rate is mediocre compared to the other big receivers in the league. It's not a coincidence he's going to be on his 3rd team in 3 seasons.

He’s had 260 passes thrown to him last 2 years and has dropped 10 passes. The guy is a stud and you don’t know what you’re talking about 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Beckham runs sloppy routes and doesnt have good hands. 

Beckham's catch % in NY after his first season was just over 60% and went down to about 55% in CLE last season.  

However, take a look at Jarvis Landry.  His four years in MIA with Tannehill, his catch %s were 75, 66.3, 71.8, 69.6.  In his two seasons in CLE, they went down to 54.4 and 60.1.  That's a huge drop.  I don't know if it's because of QB, system, weather or other factors, but it does create a question mark about Mayfield's accuracy, which was not in question at all during his college career.  Frankly, I have little love for either of these players and don't care a bit about internal strife in CLE but OBJ is looking a lot like he's following the Terrell Owens playbook (and hopefully not the Antonio Brown one).

• Upvote 3