OBJ update

59 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

DO IT!

He'd instantly become the most talented wide receiver we've ever had.

5th and a conditional higher pick (2 or 3) next year.

So he's better than Maynard (HOF) and Toon? To me, Toon was the most talented receiver we've ever had - even with OBJ.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Beckham is 'not a good fit' for Mayfield. 

What does that even mean?  Maybe Mayfield is not a good fit for Beckham?  It's not like he's a pure go-route WR playing with a noodle-armed QB.  Is CLE blaming any of Mayfield's 21 INTs last year (compared to 22 TDs) on Beckham?  It's one thing to say OBJ isn't a good fit on the team, but that is a very odd way to phrase it and makes me wonder if Mayfield had a sophomore slump, or if he's hit his ceiling and is heading to Tebow-ville.  In any case, it's clear that CLE is all in with him.  

If the Jets are all in on Darnold, why wouldn't the Browns be all in on Mayfield? 

Especially considering he's out performed Darnold by a clear margin thus far.

"on his way to Tebow-ville"….gimme a break.  :good_one:

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

The injuries are concerning, but I don't think he's nearly the cancer he's made out to be. 

OBJ is more like Randy Moss in that he has diva tendencies but he wants to win, he wants the ball and he expects the best of those around him. And they both love attention. 

I'd pull the trigger on a 2 and a 5 and take the offensive tackle round 1 and another receiver round three. I might also keep Jamal under those circumstances. With Brady gone, a reworked o-line, OBJ and Sam in his third year - we can realistically win this goddam division. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

In August of 2018, the Giants signed him to a 5-year, $90M contract.  After one season, the Giants decided to eat a $16M dead cap charge to trade him (with Olivier Vernon) for a 1 and a 3 and Kevin Zeitler and Jabril Peppers.

Now, after one season, after surrendering a 1, 3 and 2 starters, the Browns are looking to move him.  There has to be a reason that he is avaialble again, 13 months later. 

We would likely have to give up multiple picks, and pay him $14MM this year.  I would pass.

AB was traded for a 3rd and a 5th.  And that was a blown trade for OAK.  I'm not sure OBJ would garner much more.  It's a weird year though.  ARI got Hopkins for a bucket of balls while BUF traded a 1st and multiple other picks for Diggs.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If the Jets are all in on Darnold, why wouldn't the Browns be all in on Mayfield? 

Sam would never play as poorly as Mayfield did last year with all of those weapons and a slightly better line. Darnold has showed a much higher ceiling than Mayfield in both years. Mayfield was a product of much more talent around him.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You say you want him, but are you ready to pay for him?

Forget the nonsense people are suggesting to offer Cleveland thinking the Browns will just give him away. One guy said a 5th, another thinks a 3rd will get him, LOL.

I'm the Cleveland GM... I'm asking for your 1st round pick this year, and our late 3rd. The lowest I'll accept from Douglas, assuming he doesn't want to give up this years 1st, is this years 2nd, our two 3rds, and next years 2nd.

Do you still want to make the deal?

I don't  agree with this. OBJ is damaged goods now. All you need to do is point to his numbers in the last 2 or 3 years and a case can be made that he is now a reclamation project.  I would say the absolute best they can hope for would be a second and if someone offers that, they should take and run. He most likely brings a third that can be upgraded to a second if certain goals are met like not smaking the kickers practice net or throwing your QB under the bus. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him I rather just take Jerry Jeudy. 

But I can't lie he's an animal.

I couldn't care less if he's a diva (most star WRs are) because 464 receptions, 6,511 receiving yards and 48 TD Receptions (6 years). 

His numbers would be even greater (hard to believe) if not for missing 12 games (2017).

He's the most dominant WR I've ever seen outside of maybe only Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. 

Only reason I wouldn't give up our 1st is because he's now 27 years old (time goes by fast) and in 3 years he'll be 30 compared to a 23 year old in Jeudy who's just entering his prime. 

But pound for pound he's been one of the top 5 most dominant WR's I've ever watched. T.O in his prime ranks up there for me too. 

But if it's for something crazy like a 4th or 5th? lol. 

Odell Beckham and Jerry Jeudy on the outside for Darnold would become unstoppable. 

Thats what the Browns thought with OBJ and Landry

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You say you want him, but are you ready to pay for him?

Forget the nonsense people are suggesting to offer Cleveland thinking the Browns will just give him away. One guy said a 5th, another thinks a 3rd will get him, LOL.

I'm the Cleveland GM... I'm asking for your 1st round pick this year, and our late 3rd. The lowest I'll accept from Douglas, assuming he doesn't want to give up this years 1st, is this years 2nd, our two 3rds, and next years 2nd.

Do you still want to make the deal?

He isn’t going for that much 

Wouldn’t give anything for this guy. Let Cleveland cut him then bring him in and don’t put up with any of his nonsense. He starts lifting his leg on goalposts again it’s  or anything else it’s sayanora Odell

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, right. Darnold had mono and Baker sucked last season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol ...feelings, possibilities based on feelings, thug turds, culture destroyers.

get OBJ in Green/White because my QB needs a freaking football player worth being on the field. Thx. They’re grown men. They can work it out smfh.

I don’t know. They’re men but these guys can destroy teams. Look at what TO did to the Eagles  way back when and what Antonio brown was doing.  You don’t see these types on winning teams.  Chemistry in the locker room is real and talent isn’t enough to make him worth the risk IMO. 

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Darnold has Proven he stinks on a terrible offense  after getting mono The first week. Baker has proven with a roster that had people predicting a post season run this season he stinks. Take it for what it’s worth, both sucked last year. Tebow has a playoff win, just saying. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So he's better than Maynard (HOF) and Toon? To me, Toon was the most talented receiver we've ever had - even with OBJ.

Toon is number 1 in my heart, but OBJ is more talented.

Maynard was awesome for his time, but who knows how he stacks up athletically against today's athletes? 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Darnold has Proven he stinks on a terrible offense  after getting mono The first week. Baker has proven with a roster that had people predicting a post season run this season he stinks. Take it for what it’s worth, both sucked last year. Tebow has a playoff win, just saying. 

Tebow had a great college career.  Then had his moment in the sun in the NFL.  Then sucked and was out of the league. 

I think Mayfield has shown enough to be considered a better NFL QB than Tebow was based on his rookie season, but if he regresses again this year, CLE is going to have a hard time being patient.  And if he fails in CLE, the way young QB talent is stacking up in the league right now, I'm not sure how much of a shot he'll get afterwards.  Who thought we'd see Winston and Newton on the unemployment line.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Tebow had a great college career.  Then had his moment in the sun in the NFL.  Then sucked and was out of the league. 

I think Mayfield has shown enough to be considered a better NFL QB than Tebow was based on his rookie season, but if he regresses again this year, CLE is going to have a hard time being patient.  And if he fails in CLE, the way young QB talent is stacking up in the league right now, I'm not sure how much of a shot he'll get afterwards.  Who thought we'd see Winston and Newton on the unemployment line.  

Bakers rookie year was a fluke. We see QBs come in all the time and it takes the NFL time to catch up. Just like Sam, Baker sucks until he stops sucking. Tebow won a playoff game, if anything that’s good news for Buffalo. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He isn’t going for that much 

LOL 

He's got 4 years left on a team friendly deal (absolutely zero cap hit if cut). 

You want a 1st and more for our SS, who wants a new contract, and you think OBJ isn't worth what Diggs cost?  C'mon.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Sam would never play as poorly as Mayfield did last year with all of those weapons and a slightly better line. Darnold has showed a much higher ceiling than Mayfield in both years. Mayfield was a product of much more talent around him.

Very similar to Sanchez. In 2010 Sanchez had LT in the backfield, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Cotchery plus a good Oline. We all saw what happened in 2011. Mayfields quick rise had more to do with the amount of talent around him than his skills alone. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Wouldn’t give anything for this guy. Let Cleveland cut him then bring him in and don’t put up with any of his nonsense. He starts lifting his leg on goalposts again it’s  or anything else it’s sayanora Odell

I don't know, I could probably forgive OBJ if he hauls in a TD pass from Sammy & feign pees on the Patriots Goal post in a 35-7 romp.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I don’t know. They’re men but these guys can destroy teams. Look at what TO did to the Eagles  way back when and what Antonio brown was doing.  You don’t see these types on winning teams.  Chemistry in the locker room is real and talent isn’t enough to make him worth the risk IMO. 

OBJ is nothing like those guys.

He's a victim of his own stardom. Had too much happen to him too soon. Got some negative press with the yacht picture in Miami before a playoff game. He was young, he didn't know how to manage his responsibilities as both a team-mate and a leader.

Cleveland has taught him a thing or two. he's been forced to focus on his game. I'm sure he's desperate to hit the spotlight again, he probably thinks he's the best WR in the league. to his credit, his game hasn't declined - he still gets separation, still has the speed and hands. Only difference is the drop in his QB's standards.

If he's straightened himself out, he's worth it. won't cost much either.

just a pipe-dream, and it won't happen, but we're all in quarantine so let's talk about it anyway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Darnold?

Mayfield had what? The 19th rank QBR in what was granted, a disappointing '19 season. Darnold was 25th.

Meanwhile Mayfield had a great rookie year (set the rookie TD record) while Darnold was the 26th ranked QB in '18.

Yet of the two, Mayfield is the one you have heading to Palooka-ville? Take a minute, check out what people who aren't on JN think of Darnold as a QB after 2 years. Not everyone is buying into the excuse filled hope and dreams narrative which is so popular here.

Believe me, I live 700 miles from NY in an area with fans from all over the country. You'd be amazed at how people think of Darnold as a young QB after his first two years..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't know, I could probably forgive OBJ if he hauls in a TD pass from Sammy & feign pees on the Patriots Goal post in a 35-7 romp.

Disagree. There is still something to be said for winning with class even in a 35-7 victory 

7 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. There is still something to be said for winning with class even in a 35-7 victory 

F*ck that! Pats never showed class thrashing us! Brady even pointed at our sideline a few times. They always poured it on & that little sh*t Edelman shaking his head up & down and jawing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Outperformed Sam? Huh? What? Say what?  Sam has played behind one of the worst OL in NFL history.  Has been under 2 different HC and OC in 2 years.  He's had mediocre Wr's to throw to. He had to overcome mono and bounced right back and put up decent numbers last year.  The Browns roster is packed. They have a very good defense and their WR corp is one of the best in the NFL.  And what do they have to show for it? Pick 10 in the 2020 draft, 1 ahead of us.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Outperformed Sam? Huh? What? Say what?  Sam has played behind one of the worst OL in NFL history.  Has been under 2 different HC and OC in 2 years.  He's had mediocre Wr's to throw to. He had to overcome mono and bounced right back and put up decent numbers last year.  The Browns roster is packed. They have a very good defense and their WR corp is one of the best in the NFL.  And what do they have to show for it? Pick 10 in the 2020 draft, 1 ahead of us.  

The Browns also have a better QB.

Until further notice, we have Trubisky 2.0.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

F*ck that! Pats never showed class thrashing us! Brady even pointed at our sideline a few times. They always poured it on & that little sh*t Edelman shaking his head up & down and jawing. 

That’s fine if they want to act like jerks that’s there prerogative. They way to stop all that nonsense is to physically beat them to the point of they don’t want to play anymore. Getting on all fours and feign peeing doesn’t achieve a dam thing except making yourself look like a jerk. Same as using the football to feign wiping your ass. You want Edelman to stop you pop em with a clean hit to the ribs repeatedly so he gets alligator arms. Impose your will on them Beat em and bloody em and that BS stops and if it doesn’t you beat em and bloody em some more maybe then they get the picture doing this all within the parameters of the game no cheap shots 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

That’s fine if they want to act like jerks that’s there prerogative. They way to stop all that nonsense is to physically beat them to the point of they don’t want to play anymore. Getting on all fours and feign peeing doesn’t achieve a dam thing except making yourself look like a jerk. Same as using the football to feign wiping your ass. Beat em and bloody em and that BS stops and if it doesn’t you beat em and bloody em some more maybe then they get the picture 

I didn't say feign a dog pee, I said just act like he's literally peeing on their goal post. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That's a popular myth.

Here are the facts from 2019.

Mayfield: 16 Games, 239.2 Y/G, 59.4% completion rate, 4.1 TD%, 3.9 INT%, 7.0 Sack%, 78.8 Rating

Darnold: 13 Games, 232.6 Y/G, 61.9% completion rate, 4.3 TD%, 2.9 INT %, 7.0 Sack%, 84.3 Rating.

Especially considering the difference in OLine and WR talent, I'll stick with our guy, thanks.  And it's not really even close.

Amazon.com: Watch MythBusters Season 4 | Prime Video

macho man deal with it GIF

• Haha 2