Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Michael Jordan Documentary: "The Last Dance"

Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, Irish Jet said:

Dennis Rodman actually seems to be a really nice guy.

From what I’ve heard he’s a nice guy.  A little edgy and likes to party hard but is nice to the fans


NBA players hated Dennis in San Antonio because he said he was bisexual to get attention 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The real story is the nba created and implemented the flagrant foul rule in 1991 just to help Jordan beat the Pistons

 

the bulls basically got Rodman for nothing in a trade 5 years later 

Lol, so throwing him to the ground every time he drove was alright?

It was a joke what they were doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pistons were bitches.  Throwing elbows, punches, and intentionally trying to injure players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thoroughly enjoying the series. The clarification about Isiah getting left off the Dream Team was pretty great. Like everyone else I thought Jordan was the reason for that happening and it was pretty hilarious to hear that it was everybody. 

The one thing I will say is that they completely undersell how callous of a guy Pippen was in that episode about his contract problems. For instance he was legendary for being the stingiest dude ever. I knew a bunch of servers and valets in Chicago and Florida that he was a complete jerk too. He regularly stiffed service workers and would encourage people that he was out with to do the same. His nickname in places he hung out at was No Tippin Pippen. There is no doubt that that they left out a ton of stuff with respect to his whole contract situation, no way it went down like he described. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Lol, so throwing him to the ground every time he drove was alright?

It was a joke what they were doing.

No it wasn’t that was basketball in the 70’s and 80’s

 

You have been indoctrinated by the glorified three point shooting contests that is today’s nba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, pdxgreen said:

The greatest knock against Brady will always be that his teams had no great rival.  

I felt the same way about Tiger.  No rivals to consistently challenge him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

No it wasn’t that was basketball in the 70’s and 80’s

 

You have been indoctrinated by the glorified three point shooting contests that is today’s nba

I’m 47 and grew up in Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am thoroughly enjoying the series. The clarification about Isiah getting left off the Dream Team was pretty great. Like everyone else I thought Jordan was the reason for that happening and it was pretty hilarious to hear that it was everybody. 

The one thing I will say is that they completely undersell how callous of a guy Pippen was in that episode about his contract problems. For instance he was legendary for being the stingiest dude ever. I knew a bunch of servers and valets in Chicago and Florida that he was a complete jerk too. He regularly stiffed service workers and would encourage people that he was out with to do the same. His nickname in places he hung out at was No Tippin Pippen. There is no doubt that that they left out a ton of stuff with respect to his whole contract situation, no way it went down like he described. 

They came out with a Dream Team documentary a few years ago which was very good, but if you haven’t read it before Jack McCallum’s Dream Team book is awesome. Great insider stories and a really fun read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am thoroughly enjoying the series. The clarification about Isiah getting left off the Dream Team was pretty great. Like everyone else I thought Jordan was the reason for that happening and it was pretty hilarious to hear that it was everybody. 

The one thing I will say is that they completely undersell how callous of a guy Pippen was in that episode about his contract problems. For instance he was legendary for being the stingiest dude ever. I knew a bunch of servers and valets in Chicago and Florida that he was a complete jerk too. He regularly stiffed service workers and would encourage people that he was out with to do the same. His nickname in places he hung out at was No Tippin Pippen. There is no doubt that that they left out a ton of stuff with respect to his whole contract situation, no way it went down like he described. 

Did discuss Pippen's attitude about the Olympics and Toni Kukoc. Haven't discussed how in 1994, the season Jordan did not play, he took a powder when Jackson ran a play late in the game to Kukoc vs. the Knicks. May be it will come up when they discuss that whole season. Was very fair to Kukoc's view that he had no idea what the office politics of the Bulls were before he got there, and barely knew who Jerry Krause was until he signed with the Bulls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 2:06 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’m 47 and grew up in Chicago.

figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...