Joe Douglas walks away from 2020's NFL draft a JETS WINNER and we're immediately making the playoffs come 2020-2021 and beyond (and into the SB)

1893009882_cfhzfetxezdupq2vqatz(1).thumb.jpeg.a5674bc050923bac425a682a01b0c9ea.jpeg

Sam Darnold saved us. 

Not a lot of NFL teams currently have great depth to begin with (and we most certainly don't).

However - no need to continue panicking -

PS: and don't go out there attempting to trade away the farm @ the same time while doing so either -

No need to do any of the two

Because we as an NYJ fan base is on the verge of witnessing Joe Douglas build around two cornerstone players (Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams) begining this coming Thursday - and absolutely going offensive craved for the first time in a really long time. 

jamal_adams_sam_darnold.thumb.jpg.bcdf4c414b92f36473989ec4c084585b.jpg

usatsi_13766913-e1575931224823.jpg.2c0379b03c55aa7b9c69380fbb851e56.jpg

pqf3mqa1tuk31.thumb.jpg.481796f751cb666e9e0d924b9da96b55.jpg

Jamal-Adams-Sam-Darnold.thumb.jpg.5eb8fef58be58e8397e247ea570f97d2.jpg

The wait is over (I see it). 

Our time is now (you feel it). 

And these two veterans are here to help guide them into leadership status

le-veon_bell_cj_mosley.thumb.jpg.15fbb05f2465a8499f1ea07af56bf0e8.jpg

The writing is on the wall with a Bradyless Division.

1818160972_image(1).thumb.jpg.7bb4746cd2e9582d845a92b19cde1991.jpg

He's coming for you Hoyer. 

It's about to become NYJ's time to shine throughout the 2020's

and right alongside of Kansas City, Baltimore, Houston and can now welcome (with open arms) those lovable Cincinnati Bengals to the AFC Conference 2020's party (State of Ohio's only team on the verge of featuring a real Franchise Caliber signal caller SEC's and LSU's Joe Burrow). 

Patrick Mahomes (Franchise qb). 

Deshaun Watson (Franchise qb).

Lamar Jackson (Franchise qb).

Sam Darnold (Franchise qb). 

Joe Burrow (Franchise hopeful qb). 

£ Who here would've thought that...

Now that we're able to date and look back (to I believe 37 years ago) throughout our Kelly/Marino/Brady journey and to think that before heading into Thursday's draft losing teams (historically speaking) such as the lowly...

Kansas City Chiefs Combined total of 2 SB's 1969-70 season and 2019 last year as the only year separating us two franchises. 

Houston Oilers/Texans they started with us in the East same division with NYJ, BUF and Boston and their last league championship was back in 1961. Before Namath of 68 yes it's been that long for them too. 

Cleveland Browns now Baltimore Ravens (They've been here before) but this time with a running QB in Lamar. Who's been amazing regular season's but awful only come 0-2 playoffs (pure greatness as he's Vick on another level to me) and no Ed Reed and Ray Lewis when you need them most and that's inside the huddle especially once it's time for the (PLAYOFFS). 

Would all be respected football teams while currently being held with such high regards heading into 2K20? Could you have imagined it? 

¥ Who would've thunk it?

Because we're right there folks. 

(despite currently being on the outside looking in think back to heading into 2009 with a playoff ready Defense still in search of a Rookie Franchise hopeful)

We're truly on the verge of becoming ready to breakthrough these AFC doors; but this time with a Franchise Savior Quarterback (already in place) while JD begibs our building around our QB position...

• Do we go Jerry Jeudy and draft 2020's 1st rounds prized WR and go WR RD1 for the first time in 19 years (2001)

While @ the same time creating ourselves a dynamic offensive attack and one that could become just as exciting as INDY's offense once was when they featured a younger QB/WR/RB trio of Manning/Harrison/Edge 

With our very own 2020's version of a NYJet trio featuring Sam Darnold, Jerry Jeudy and Le'Veon Bell?

• Do we go D'Brickishaw 2006 dejavu all over again (14 years ago) and pull the trigger on one of the top 3 Hogs up front with a former O-Lineman himself in JD calling the shots. 

While begining to build Sam Darnold a blindsided Joe Douglas Brick Wall and one that Le'Veon Bell can Pittsburgh All-Pro run wild again. 

In order for our kid gun QB to scan the field with more pocket protection consisting of less collapses and decreased chance of blindside mistakes/injuries/turnovers/loses (due to the offense)?

• Who knows.  

√ What I do know is that we're on the brink of something different and for us to just wait until 2020's draft takes place in order to witness what is about to happen...

and then we'll be able to see, picture and visualize just how good Sam Darnold is really going to look like (afterwards) by the time that Joe Douglas takes to the podium in order for his press conference; 

because our Jets offense is going to be lit on ? for a 3rd year Gun Slinger. 

What do you think is about to happen? 

Three young offensive minds Douglas, Darnold and Gase (with one crazed maniac Defensive football player #33 demanding for more pass rushing dogs) in the same room...

Di6EliDX0AA9qau.jpg.e2a84f600e667626b7e4ab4971a4ea32.jpg

don't look now but here come the 2020's version of the New York Jets. 

Sam Darnold saved us guys.

He's got us in position to win today and strike right now (starting and come Thursday) and our offense has a lot of building blocks full of quality starters (already in place). 

QB: Sam Darnold (Franchise Caliber). 

WR1: Jerry Jeudy (example). 

RB1: Le'Veon Bell (61 receptions (2019). 

Slot: Jamison Crowder (awesome).

TE:1 Chris Herndon (The U). 

WR2: Perriman (replacing Robby as another take the top off a defense speed demon and former 1st round pick). 

TE2: Ryan Griffin (another pass catching weapon for the kid QB). 

RB2: Cam Akers (as a Dalvin Cook FSU clone and yet another dynamic offensive weapon for Sam Darnold) come the 4th quarters - once a workhorse bell cow in Le'Veon has rushed the ball 20+ times - and in comes the blazing 20 year old with Florida State wheels type of Leon Washington on steroids Cam Akers to bust a game opener 40+ yards off a run, draw, reverse or HB screen etc). 

Offensive Weapon's everywhere all different types of unique skillets too 

behind a JD improved off-season FA/2nd Round/1 more 3rd/4th/5th/6th x2 in order to improve our olineman talent. 

I look at Buffalo (only 1 or 2 wins at most against above .500 teams last year) with a QB with a 56% career completion percentage and not a lot of well known proven depth come on they had the same easy schedule as us last year and they got whooped every time they played a winning team and if not for C.J Mosley going down week 1 down 16 they don't win; just like they didn't win up 16 2nd half Houston playoffs; frauds with a glorified runner and thrower of the football think Hack like %'s instead of a Franchise guaranteed QB. 

I look at N.E with nothing but Hoyer @ QB and no depth throughout it's roster. No more legends on D for N.E as for Bill 08 12 years ago and no more #12 to draft around. Bill could be looking @ Cleveland 2.0 Vinny T days. 

Miami doesn't even have well know starters (despite beating us) and I highly doubt they're loaded with depth players after they've tanked away all of their true talent in order so they could suck for Tua (out of a Historical Defensive SEC Conference).

unnamed.png.c51a79a0a247d8e4e56824f5bdeff2ab.png

Well good luck lasting 1-3 years kid is all I can say because we've got a bunch of SEC Crazed Defensive DOGS coming for that SEC Rookie ass within the form of a mean Wolfpack leader and dog himself Gregg Williams now dialing up the X's and O's consisting of multiple blitz packages that you've probably never experienced before while being asked to line up against the best of the SEC's best and up against an SEC All-Star team being led by

Jamal Adams (LSU).

CJ Mosley (Alabama).

Quinnen Williams (Alabama).

Avery Williamson (Kentucky).

Marcus Maye (Florida).

Brian Pool (Florida).

Jordan Jenkins (Georgia).

Kenny Phillips (Tennessee).

Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) no longer running elite routes for you @ WR anymore and is now lined up opposite of your Defense).

3b8dd0ee6ea79075f7ae9467b3c27dd6.jpg.1e750a829d38e8660f2a46f5b8844684.jpg

An SEC built NFL Defense ready and ready to rip his head off come Sundays (no longer Saturdays) while introducing him to the NFL (8 SEC players vs. 1 QB).

Both James Burgess (Homestead, Florida) and Neville Hewitt (Conyers, Georgia) played outside of SEC however still born and raised within the defensive crazed SOUTH (ball players). 

And don't forget about our two NYC born and raised underdogs from Queens and home grown talents (2018/2019) back to back drafts now playing alongside of those Southern SEC crazed roughnecks in...

queensborobridge_westarca_9095__large.thumb.jpg.ea7f235be759e3927b5a3e8cd786bc92.jpg

Folorunso Fatukasi (Far Rockaway, QUEENS)!

Blessuan Austin (Cambria Heights, QUEENS)!

Statue-of-Liberty-2-scaled.thumb.jpg.36e2b7bd0e908c5772ac1cda74ca2e6a.jpg

In closing the best news of it all?

This is only JDs first draft.

And he's already in position to strike an NFL grand slam during our first 3 rounds with 4 awesome picks @

&

That could be 2000 Jets type of potential coming up this week -

with starters drafted everywhere (but this time all 4 on offense)

Ellis, Abe, Penny and Becht (four 1st rounders and Coles (3rd, pick 78)

JD has an opportunity of building around a Franchise QB who's only 22 years of age coming up (and right around the corner too).

It's a process.

However...

No more looking for Sanchez/Petty/Hack types of QBs before suffering with Geno/Fitz/McCown type of JAG options. 

JD/Darnold/Gase are about to rejuvenate our entire offense (behind a playoff ready and self made Defense waiting in place). 

Joe Douglas hits a Grand Slam throughout his draft and our 2020 New York Jets

=

2020 AFC East Divisional Champions

with a postseason AFC Championship Game matchup of...

Jets: Darnold/Jeudy/Herndon/Crowder/Le'Veon/Akers/Adams and the Jets Defense. 

vs.

Chiefs: Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Watkins/McCoy/Williams/Mathieu/ and the Chiefs Defense. 

0883476080208_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg.f15742a62dc242c9cd1deade473f1f78.jpg

Jets are going to the SB (2009 all over again but this time led by a 3rd year Darnold (with weapons) who finally gets us past 1998/2009/2010 and back into 1968/1969. 

ihptt9wfxpzvrigy4s6m.thumb.jpeg.ab5072fd5d5d96ee250c3e0df4722620.jpeg

imagining-detailing-the-perfect-new-york-jets-2019-season.thumb.jpg.c7adb05e261e61fe2748787bf74eba53.jpg

Soon to be NFL & NYC/NJ Champions (Kelly/Marino/Brady can't stop us now).

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 12

So we are “nearly there” with the AFC elite teams? Because of Darnold? What was our record the last two seasons with Darnold again?

The difference in treatment of Jamal and Darnold is comical.

"Safeties don't make an impact on the game. What was out record with Jamal? He didn't elevate the team and should be traded."

"Darnold only has a bad starting record because the rest of the team stinks."

QBs have 100x more impact on the game than safeties, yet fans want to put it all on Jamal while giving Darnold a pass. Bizarre.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

QBs have 100x more impact on the game than safeties, yet fans want to put it all on Jamal while giving Darnold a pass. Bizarre.

no jets deserve passes. yet.

jamal is a good player who jets fans overrate. great safeties dont avg a single INT per year.

darnold has thus far been a below avg qb. he is perfect;y capable of being decent. a la andy dalton.

but alotta questions remain about actually being consistently top 10. and if he isnt..... then selecting him is a bust. cos not being a stronger team also has to do with the draft pciks we dont have cos we gave them up.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I know I have a lot of time on my hands but I don't  have the attention span to read these ra ra posts. Let me just say, this team did a pretty good job of sucking before Brady and Brady has pretty much fallen off a cliff from where he was so and we still sucked so I don't  believe Brady going to Tampa matters and if you seriously think the Pats will start Hoyer, I have some great ocean front property in Montana for you to consider. 

22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

no jets deserve passes. yet.

jamal is a good player who jets fans overrate. great safeties dont avg a single INT per year.

darnold has thus far been a below avg qb. he is perfect;y capable of being decent. a la andy dalton.

but alotta questions remain about actually being consistently top 10. and if he isnt..... then selecting him is a bust. cos not being a stronger team also has to do with the draft pciks we dont have cos we gave them up.

Lot of truth in this statement. If he was the next elite QB, I would've expected more even considering the state of the "lowly" Jets.

When he was drafted I saw his downside as Sanchez and his upside as Romo. It seems the floor is rising but the ceiling is also lowering based on what I've seen so far...

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Lot of truth in this statement. If he was the next elite QB, I would've expected more even considering the state of the "lowly" Jets.

When he was drafted I saw his downside as Sanchez and his upside as Romo. It seems the floor is rising but the ceiling is lowering based on what I've seen so far...

Based on what? The guy hasn't  even played a complete season yet and both seasons hebhas played, he has had to learn a new O and hasn't  had any help. Also, You can pick any QB and put him behind that disaster  of an OL we had and they would fair about the same. Everyone here wanted to see Watson or Mahomes on this team. Both would be average at best behind this line because they would be spending more time picking turf out of therehelmets than throwing TD's. Also, Mahomes throws to Kelsey, Hill, and Watkins while Watson had Nuke. Who was Sam throwing to? Anderson? That is a huge gap right there. 

You can't  compare and you unfortunately  in year 2, can't  judge him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Based on what? The guy hasn't  even played a complete season yet and both seasons hebhas played, he has had to learn a new O and hasn't  had any help. Also, You can pick any QB and put him behind that disaster  of an OL we had and they would fair about the same. Everyone here wanted to see Watson or Mahomes on this team. Both would be average at best behind this line because they would be spending more time picking turf out of therehelmets than throwing TD's. Also, Mahomes throws to Kelsey, Hill, and Watkins while Watson had Nuke. Who was Sam throwing to? Anderson? That is a huge gap right there. 

You can't  compare and you unfortunately  in year 2, can't  judge him. 

I can and I will judge him. The "bad supporting cast" argument is--at best--an argument that he's not as bad as his results suggest. It is not a compelling argument that he is good/can be elite--categories that require good/elite production to attain.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can and I will judge him. The "bad supporting cast" argument is--at best--an argument that he's not as bad as his results suggest. It is not a compelling argument that he is good/can be elite--categories that require good/elite production to attain.

Tell me something,  how have you been able to make this judgement?  I mean are you upset that Sam isn't  part Usain Bolt so he can run away from the multiple pass rushers that come after him on about 80% of the snaps he takes?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tell me something,  how have you been able to make this judgement?  I mean are you upset that Sam isn't  part Usain Bolt so he can run away from the multiple pass rushers that come after him on about 80% of the snaps he takes?

I've watched the games. This is my opinion. Bad QBs also look bad behind bad OLs. Every QB suffering behind a garbage OL isn't an elite-QB-in-disguise. I'll admit it's not possible to definitively "judge" (your word) Darnold, yet. There is a massive gap between my floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo for that reason. I never "judged" him to be terrible. Only that I think he'll fall somewhere in that wide range. Not sure why that's so controversial.

Tell me your floor/ceiling comps, if you don't mind.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I've watched the games. This is my opinion. Bad QBs also look bad behind bad OLs. Every QB suffering behind a garbage OL isn't an elite-QB-in-disguise. I'll admit it's not possible to definitively "judge" (your word) Darnold, yet. There is a massive gap between my floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo for that reason.

Sorry, I do not agree with your opinion. You can't  expect a guy who has about 1.5 seconds to throw the ball with nobody to throw it to, to look like an elite player. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, I do not agree with your opinion. You can't  expect a guy who has about 1.5 seconds to throw the ball with nobody to throw it to, to look like an elite player. 

Fine to not agree, opinions are like... well, you know :)

You caught me editing. Here was what I added to the post:

There is a massive gap between my floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo for that reason. I never "judged" him to be terrible. Only that I think he'll fall somewhere in that wide range. Not sure why that's so controversial.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Fine to not agree, opinions are like... well, you know :)

You caught me editing. Here was what I added to the post:

There is a massive gap between my floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo for that reason. I never "judged" him to be terrible. Only that I think he'll fall somewhere in that wide range. Not sure why that's so controversial.

Sams floor in my opinion is more like Dalton and the ceiling is Rogers. I have seen enough bad QB's come through  here to see the difference between Sam and them. He has the goods. The guy just needs time and someone that can do something after a catch. I would be doing cartwheels is we drafted Ruggs or Jeudy if the 4 tio OL are gone. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Sams floor in my opinion is more like Dalton and the ceiling is Rogers. I have seen enough bad QB's come through  here to see the difference between Sam and them. He has the goods. The guy just needs time and someone that can do something after a catch. I would be doing cartwheels is we drafted Ruggs or Jeudy if the 4 tio OL are gone. 

So you put his floor and ceiling higher than mine but with about the same wide gap. Not sure why you're coming at me so hard. :lol: