NFL virtual draft Test Run Today

2 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

If Goodell wasn't so hellbent on making it a TV show spectacle, the right play would have been to find a mid-sized UX/UI tech firm to build an app specifically to accommodate the draft. 3-4 weeks $250k and it would have been something they could improve on and leverage for future years, while ensuring this year's draft isn't a debacle. Let the teams conduct business via the app - and have the app generate an automatic feed of picks as they get made. So the media can do their thing and all say the same 2 stories about the prospects.

The fact that they're conducting it like a conference call is absurd. I swear to all things chocolatey and sweet, the more power and money involved, the less inventive, entrepreneurial and problem-oriented the solutions become.

Hell, just look at all the draft websites that have mock simulators, it can’t be that hard...Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Some are saying the fact they had multiple issues in the mock draft may lead to the draft being postponed from Thursday. The bengals (first on the clock) had issues right off the bat. 

That ain't happening! 

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Wait a minute...

How are these mock drafts being conducted. Sure not like in fantasy drafts where everyone sees who you picked, because wouldn't that tip team's hands? ?

They're probably taking fake players or something.  Or picking some random UDFA-caliber kid with # 1 overall.  

Little do the Bengals know, their pick in the mock draft counts!

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Who is saying that?  I have seen nothing from any of the NFL reporters that would indicate this.

I think it was a cbs report I was reading that said many GM’s were against holding the draft as planned, and that the hiccups today are increasing pushback. One GM labeled it as “brutal” and that there’s only 2 days to figure it out. Pressure is on it seems. 

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I think it was a cbs report I was reading that said many GM’s were against holding the draft as planned, and that the hiccups today are increasing pushback. One GM labeled it as “brutal” and that there’s only 2 days to figure it out. Pressure is on it seems. 

F**k em.  They've all had months to prepare and are all dealing with the same playing field.  

Most years GM's get too much time and overthink things.  This will only serve as a benefit for those kinds of GM's, whether they agree with that or not.  

• Upvote 1

Apparently Joe Douglas and Adam Gase were on mute, locked in on their pick as the #11 slot approached in the test draft.  Hidden behind a firewall with a secure internet connection and logged into the NFL Draft they lined up their selection.  Gase said, "here we go....let's take that wide receiver!" Douglas smirked and said, "You know we're going Offensive Tackle when this thing is real on Thursday."  Gase chuckled....  Siri laughed....  Belichick said, "We know" from a browser tab that mysteriously opened on its own.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Hell, just look at all the draft websites that have mock simulators, it can’t be that hard...Lol

Happens every year in my fantasy league.  Somebody clicks the wrong button, takes the wrong player and starts bitchin' about a problem.  "I meant to take Tom Brady!  Not Tom Tupa!  Who the hell would take Tom Tupa in Round 3???"

You just know some knucklehead is going to click the wrong button and accidentally trade all his picks for a 2021 5th rounder.

Probably Gettleman!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's not saying much at all.  Mike Maccagnan is the worst GM of all-time outside of maybe Matt Millen.  

Not saying Macc was any good, because he was horrible. Just saying it's crazy how people here who are Jets fans continually mock Gettleman as if we are the model franchise in the NFL. The past two years, the Giants have had very good drafts. Many teams in the NFL would like to have had their drafts.

18 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

It would be soooooo Jets-like to have their communications go down/go bad just as their time on the clock is running out at #11. And then what would happen????........

If Macc was still GM we would have most certainly been better off regardless of what happen 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Not saying Macc was any good, because he was horrible. Just saying it's crazy how people here who are Jets fans continually mock Gettleman as if we are the model franchise in the NFL. The past two years, the Giants have had very good drafts. Many teams in the NFL would like to have had their drafts.

It centers on 2 huge mistakes that will negatively impact the franchise for years to come:  1) Drafting a RB at # 2 overall (never, ever do that) and 2) passing on the 2018 QB's to take an inaccurate prospect in Daniel Jones.  They should have traded down in 2018 if they really didn't like the QB's.  Especially since they only ended up with 6 picks that year.

Meanwhile he tossed away mid-round picks in the Leo deal.  A rebuilding team should never give up precious mid-rounders for a DT.