Vegas bookmakers have Jets at 6.5 wins for next season

Philc1

Right now I’d probably lean towards under 6.5 (assuming scheduling/travel remains in tact).

The overall talent on the roster is very similar to what it was last year with the schedule being considerably more difficult. 

The wildcard is the division. If the AFC east is bad perhaps the Jets can squeeze out 3 or 4 wins which would give them a chance at 7-8 wins. 

I think the range for next years team is between 4-8 wins so 6.5 o/u makes sense. Either way I think Gase’s days are numbered. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Ok so let’s break this down:

Pats Dolphins and Bills 6 games, there’s no reason we can’t go 3-3. The Pats have one of the worst offenses in football.

Now for the meat and potatoes. Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Colts, Cardinals, Browns. Can we optimistically say 4-3? 

then there’s the Chiefs, Niners, and Seahawks. It’d be tough to win one of those games but who knows, but I’ll give them an 0-3.

thats 7-9 and over Vegas 6 wins... easy money ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Vegas had us 7.5 3 months ago, and 61% of voters on JN would've taken "over" then: 

Now we go down to 6.5 even after NE losing Brady? Seems an overreaction to JD not making a splash during FA.

I predict another 7-win season. So over! Call me a homer!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's highly questionable that happens. The AFC East is wide open in 2020. It's anyone's division.

Everything is questionable before the games are played. Would you bet on the Jets to win more games than the Bills today?

I know its considered stupid to try to count W's and L's 5 months prior to the season.  But who sees 7+ wins out of a schedule with these opponents?  Come on now. 

• Bills x2
  • Pats x2
  • Dolphins x2
  • @ Colts
  • @ Chiefs
  • @ Chargers
  • @ Rams
  • @ Seahawks
  • Broncos
  • Raiders
  • Cardinals
  • 49ers
  • Browns

Even if we go 3-3 in division play (and that's optimistic), I struggle to find 4+ wins in that non-conference schedule. 

That's a brutal road slate, with 3 trips to the west coast.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know its considered stupid to try to count W's and L's 5 months prior to the season.  But who sees 7+ wins out of a schedule with these opponents?  Come on now. 

• Bills x2
  • Pats x2
  • Dolphins x2
  • @ Colts
  • @ Chiefs
  • @ Chargers
  • @ Rams
  • @ Seahawks
  • Broncos
  • Raiders
  • Cardinals
  • 49ers
  • Browns

Even if we go 3-3 in division play, I struggle to find 4+ wins in that non-conference schedule.  That's a brutal road slate.  

Seems I really am a homer predicting 7! Tired of you pessimistic SOJFs ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Bills x2
  • Pats x2
  • Dolphins x2
  • @ Colts
  • @ Chiefs
  • @ Chargers
  • @ Rams
  • @ Seahawks
  • Broncos
  • Raiders
  • Cardinals
  • 49ers
  • Browns

Even if we go 3-3 in division play (and that's optimistic), I struggle to find 4+ wins in that non-conference schedule. 

That's a brutal road slate, with 3 trips to the west coast.

Only games on that schedule I think we absolutely lose are:

@Chiefs

@Seahawks

49ers

@ Colts is tough but we have for whatever reason historically won games @Colts when they had Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck

1 hour ago, JetFan20 said:

Right now I’d probably lean towards under 6.5 (assuming scheduling/travel remains in tact).

The overall talent on the roster is very similar to what it was last year with the schedule being considerably more difficult. 

The wildcard is the division. If the AFC east is bad perhaps the Jets can squeeze out 3 or 4 wins which would give them a chance at 7-8 wins. 

I think the range for next years team is between 4-8 wins so 6.5 o/u makes sense. Either way I think Gase’s days are numbered. 

Based on what? The other teams in the division also have a tough schedule & Brady is in Tampa. Projection in the NFL is so stupid. What if the Bills have an injury avalanche like the Jets did in 2019? Who's Miamis QB? Pats QB?