Vegas bookmakers have Jets at 6.5 wins for next season

Philc1

Bad or perennially rebuilding teams like the Jets are going to have a tougher time in this covid situation than good teams like the Chiefs returning 20 starters. Jets are turning over anywhere from three to five starters on the OL and probably a pair of WRs, with two of those new starters probably rookies. They have to try to get all of that on the same page without any spring practices and an unknown start date to training camp. That's a lot of work and no time to do it. Only so much you can get thru in virtual reps. 

Joe Douglas also took something of a "throw a bunch of **** at the wall and see what sticks," approach on the OL. Without those spring practices, it's going to be hard to get any reps for late picks or UDFAs who might've otherwise gotten an opportunity to show something. 

I expect the Jets to get off to a slow start depending on how much practice time they get. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

We had more injuries than any of these teams and had a better record last year.  We also have Sam Darnold going into year 3.    It’s fair to say no NFL game is a gimme especially on the road, but to act as if they are all probable losses doesn’t seem reasonable either.  

Vegas has over under at 6.  How many games do you project the Jets to win?

They have it at 6.5, no?  I think 6 or 7 is spot on, and will go with 6.  

Last year they had us at 7.5 and we won 7.  They're usually pretty good about getting this stuff right or very close to it.  

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They have it at 6.5, no?  I think 6 or 7 is spot on, and will go with 6.  

Last year they had us at 7.5 and we won 7.  They're usually pretty good about getting this stuff right or very close to it.  

If youre a betting man you should put some money down.

2 hours ago, slats said:

Bad or perennially rebuilding teams like the Jets are going to have a tougher time in this covid situation than good teams like the Chiefs returning 20 starters. Jets are turning over anywhere from three to five starters on the OL and probably a pair of WRs, with two of those new starters probably rookies. They have to try to get all of that on the same page without any spring practices and an unknown start date to training camp. That's a lot of work and no time to do it. Only so much you can get thru in virtual reps. 

Joe Douglas also took something of a "throw a bunch of **** at the wall and see what sticks," approach on the OL. Without those spring practices, it's going to be hard to get any reps for late picks or UDFAs who might've otherwise gotten an opportunity to show something. 

I expect the Jets to get off to a slow start depending on how much practice time they get. 

contra case 

offensive linemen don't do jack squat until full pads

all the spring practices in the world doesn't replace 1 game together, even a preseason one 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Speaking of over/unders the Pats win total is set at 9! I mean come on that means to lose your under bet they’d have to win 10. This team is god awful on paper! Worst offense in football. Stindham is trash. I hope the win 5 games 

Who is setting these over/unders?  The ESPN back office?

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Speaking of over/unders the Pats win total is set at 9! I mean come on that means to lose your under bet they’d have to win 10. This team is god awful on paper! Worst offense in football. Stindham is trash. I hope the win 5 games 

We'll know soon if Belichick is going full Abhorrence for Lawrence. No reason otherwise to go into the season with Stindham considering all the FA QBs available.