WR Marquise Lee??

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

A total of 174 receptions and 8 TDs over his 6 year career.

Not that productive, has been oft injured, will want a nice contract.

It's a no from me.

if it's " I dont even know wtf that is "    its a phugk no!!

my point being that if they were any good, i'd kjnow...  i watch enough to know.

like whatshisface the CB we paid a zillion for TrulySchitt Johnson

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

if it's " I dont even know wtf that is "    its a phugk no!!

my point being that if they were any good, i'd kjnow...  i watch enough to know.

like whatshisface the CB we paid a zillion for TrulySchitt Johnson

So Marquis Lee plays with Blake Bortles and rookie Minshew, but his stats define him. This place is funny.

Just now, sec101row23 said:

The Lee vs. OBJ debates.   Those skinny legs of Lee were a topic of conversation if I recall.  

It was mostly Lee versus Cooks that I recall and I hated Lee because he looked like he was hurt after every play. Then you throw in some crappy hands and that sealed the deal.

EARCH BY  Select... Name Position College Grade 

GRADE
Photo of Marqise Lee

Marqise Lee (WO33)

HT: 6'0" WT: 192LBS.

POSITION: WR

SCHOOL: USC

ARM LENGTH: 31 3/4"

HANDS: 9 1/2"

OVERVIEW

2013: Honorable mention all-Pac-12 selection after playing in and starting 11 games. Missed three games due to a knee injury. 2012: First-team All-American selection, first-team All-Pac-12 pick and Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year selection. Won the Biletnikoff Award (given to nation's top receiver). Led FBS in receptions with 118. Had eight 100-plus yard games. 2011: Was a second-team All-Pac-12 pick. Played in 12 games and started in eight. Misc.: With deaf parents, he learned to speak sign language.

COMBINE RESULTS

• 40 YARD DASH: 4.52 SEC
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 38.0 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 127.0 INCH
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.01 SEC

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Very good athletic ability. Is a nifty runner after the catch -- can navigate through traffic and create with the ball in his hands. Can shift into top gear and run by tacklers -- terrific acceleration and short-area burst. Fine route runner -- understands how to set up defensive backs and has an innate feel for coverage. Understands how to manipulate man and zone coverage and can create separation when he needs to uncover. Very good hand-eye coordination. Tracks the deep ball very well -- has a knack for running underneath it. Attacks the ball and plucks it out of the sky. Very good competitive, functional playing speed. Has game-breaking return ability -- exceptional vision and traffic burst.

WEAKNESSES

Average size and run strength. Does not break many tackles. Was slowed by nagging injuries, and body is not built to withstand a lot of punishment. Can do a better job securing the ball through traffic -- has shown a tendency to flag the ball. Long-term durability could become an issue.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

BOTTOM LINE

An extremely motivated, dynamic, playmaking receiver, Lee's junior season was plagued by shoulder, knee and leg injuries and a revolving door at head coach, where he cycled through three. Showed all the traits desired in a No. 1 receiver early in his career and has overcome a lot of adversity in his life to get to this point. 

His draft profile is a lot like Jerry Jeudy 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Lee vs. OBJ debates.   Those skinny legs of Lee were a topic of conversation if I recall.  

55 minutes ago, RobR said:

It was mostly Lee versus Cooks that I recall and I hated Lee because he looked like he was hurt after every play. Then you throw in some crappy hands and that sealed the deal.

Yea i was gonna say, don't think Lee got pitted against OBJ often.... But Cmon...I wasn't that in love with Lee, liked - sure... And to be fair, the 30% of this career when he wasn't injured, looked pretty good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea i was gonna say, don't think Lee got pitted against OBJ often.... But Cmon...I wasn't that in love with Lee, liked - sure... And to be fair, the 30% of this career when he wasn't injured, looked pretty good. 

You loved Lee like almost everyone else on the board at that time, I hated him.....either way those were some good spirited debates that we seem to be lacking here for some reason.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

You loved Lee like almost everyone else on the board at that time, I hated him.....either way those were some good spirited debates that we seem to be lacking here for some reason.  

I was here too and didn’t get the Lee love either. 

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yeah that one year for 800 yards as a full time starting receiver playing in a passing league.  

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah that one year for 800 yards as a full time starting receiver playing in a passing league.  

with bortles on a run first team..... like whats your deal? You just seek out opportunities to be unlikeable? You need to work on yourself, like for real. 

3 hours ago, RobR said:

I guess to me, there's a difference between players i liked (you use "love") vs players i would say; hey, that's the guy. I liked Hollywood Brown last year. Used the trope "WR1" for him... but the only guy i "loved" was Jalen Hurd...

*shrugs*

Whatever, i get what you're saying. His health has been the major determinant of his career. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I guess to me, there's a difference between players i liked (you use "love") vs players i would say; hey, that's the guy. I liked Hollywood Brown last year. Used the trope "WR1" for him... but the only guy i "loved" was Jalen Hurd...

*shrugs*

Whatever, i get what you're saying. His health has been the major determinant of his career. 

No worries and I'm just busting your chops because I'm going stir crazy with everything that's happening. With that said your love for Marquise Lee ran deep and I think I was the first one that pushed back. Good times.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

No worries and I'm just busting your chops because I'm going stir crazy with everything that's happening. With that said your love for Marquise Lee ran deep and I think I was the first one that pushed back. Good times.

@Paradis  Rob thought Terry McLaurin was going to suck. Cook him up. ?