WR Marquise Lee??

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s draft season. Everyone goes on the grill this week. ?

I always give props to @Paradis because of the sheer volume of players he puts out there before anyone else. I remember watching David Johnson videos from him and thinking is this guy a RB or a WR. He takes sh*t for Lynch and Pettigrew, but no one ever brings up the David Johnsons and all of his other hits way before the curve.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, docdhc said:

EARCH BY  Select... Name Position College Grade 

GRADE
Photo of Marqise Lee

Marqise Lee (WO33)

HT: 6'0" WT: 192LBS.

POSITION: WR

SCHOOL: USC

ARM LENGTH: 31 3/4"

HANDS: 9 1/2"

OVERVIEW

2013: Honorable mention all-Pac-12 selection after playing in and starting 11 games. Missed three games due to a knee injury. 2012: First-team All-American selection, first-team All-Pac-12 pick and Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year selection. Won the Biletnikoff Award (given to nation's top receiver). Led FBS in receptions with 118. Had eight 100-plus yard games. 2011: Was a second-team All-Pac-12 pick. Played in 12 games and started in eight. Misc.: With deaf parents, he learned to speak sign language.

COMBINE RESULTS

• 40 YARD DASH: 4.52 SEC
  • VERTICAL JUMP: 38.0 INCH
  • BROAD JUMP: 127.0 INCH
  • 20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.01 SEC

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Very good athletic ability. Is a nifty runner after the catch -- can navigate through traffic and create with the ball in his hands. Can shift into top gear and run by tacklers -- terrific acceleration and short-area burst. Fine route runner -- understands how to set up defensive backs and has an innate feel for coverage. Understands how to manipulate man and zone coverage and can create separation when he needs to uncover. Very good hand-eye coordination. Tracks the deep ball very well -- has a knack for running underneath it. Attacks the ball and plucks it out of the sky. Very good competitive, functional playing speed. Has game-breaking return ability -- exceptional vision and traffic burst.

WEAKNESSES

Average size and run strength. Does not break many tackles. Was slowed by nagging injuries, and body is not built to withstand a lot of punishment. Can do a better job securing the ball through traffic -- has shown a tendency to flag the ball. Long-term durability could become an issue.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

BOTTOM LINE

An extremely motivated, dynamic, playmaking receiver, Lee's junior season was plagued by shoulder, knee and leg injuries and a revolving door at head coach, where he cycled through three. Showed all the traits desired in a No. 1 receiver early in his career and has overcome a lot of adversity in his life to get to this point. 

His draft profile is a lot like Jerry Jeudy 

Hmmmmmm  :) 

Hell no as this isn't 2014 anymore and he's been nothing more than an injury prone bust throughout his 6 year career with a combined 36 games missed and a career high of only 851 receiving yards (2016) and 8 career TD receptions lol. 

No thank you. 

I'd rather give Braxton Berrios an opportunity over that guy (that's how bad Lee is). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RobR said:

I always give props to @Paradis because of the sheer volume of players he puts out there before anyone else. I remember watching David Johnson videos from him and thinking is this guy a RB or a WR. He takes sh*t for Lynch and Pettigrew, but no one ever brings up the David Johnsons and all of his other hits way before the curve.

Welcome to Mel Kiper's world.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hell no as this isn't 2014 anymore and he's been nothing more than an injury prone bust throughout his 6 year career with a combined 36 games missed and a career high of only 851 receiving yards (2016) and 8 career TD receptions lol. 

No thank you. 

I'd rather give Braxton Berrios an opportunity over that guy (that's how bad Lee is). 

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Sometimes it seems that when people say things like, "sure, bring him in to kick the tires", there are some people who freak out because they read it as "Give him 5-years, $50 million with $25 mil guaranteed".

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No thank you. 

Amazing how Quinnen Williams is already declared Vernon Gholston yet this bust Marquise Lee is in the nfl 6 years and stinks and “jury’s still out!”

1 hour ago, RobR said:

No worries and I'm just busting your chops because I'm going stir crazy with everything that's happening. With that said your love for Marquise Lee ran deep and I think I was the first one that pushed back. Good times.

lol possibly... quite possibly. I know you're having fun... it's warranted, I certainly felt stronger about him than say Cooks, who i wasn't a fan of to be honest. 

13 hours ago, RobR said:

How closely JN mirrors life hey... lol.. appreciate the thoughts. I learned a lot from fellow posters, and I acknowledge that. Maybe one day i'll find a way to parade around prospects without pissing half the board off! lol 

• Sympathy 1