Pick #11 from this group - Your top choice

Dcat

Pick #11 from this group - Your top choice  

138 members have voted

1. 1. No tradeback. Pick one. (choices alphabetical)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2020 at 12:00 AM

33 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Wirfs

Athletic freak, ideal size, beast in both pass protection and run blocking. Very high ceiling and floor.

You can't go wrong with an OT from Iowa. He'll be a cornerstone of the OL for the next 12 years.

What’s the actual chances he is there at 11?  Maybe Maybe 5%?

I’d love Wirfs, but I voted based on my belief there is very very little chance he is there.

I’ve done very little homework on this draft, but I’m ok with 4 WR’s Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson, and 2 OT’s Thomas, and Wirfs, and don’t see either being there, and Wirfs def gone.

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d love Wirfs, but I voted based on my belief there is very very little chance he is there.

I’ve done very little homework on this draft, but I’m ok with 4 WR’s Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson, and 2 OT’s Thomas, and Wirfs, and don’t see either being there, and Wirfs def gone.

this is based on who you want.  Not who will be there.  It says post your top choice.

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It's impossible to say, but some people have Wirfs ranked as the #3 or #4 OT.  We'll just need to see how things shake out.

Wills - can be a great RT right away, possibly LT of the future. Mean player.

Becton - incredible combination of size, power and mobility.

Wirfs - great athlete, probably a RT or OG in the NFL.

Thomas - highly polished and strong, not as athletic as the other 3.

Lamb - can do it all at WR. Nice size, good speed, great hands, great at RAC.

Ruggs - incredible speed, decent size, not just a deep threat.

Jeudy - highly polished, runs great routes, very good hands.

That's my order. JD is on a 6-year deal, so may feel secure enough to swing for the fences with his pick. He might be more willing to go for huge upside guys like Becton or Ruggs over more polished guys like Thomas or Jeudy.

Going to be a very interesting draft. It can't get here soon enough.

Different strokes for different folks.  Here is the exact same poll on a different Jets message board It's a small sample so far of 20 votes compared to the 100 here already, but a very different proportionality.  JN may or may not be a representative sample.

Becton - 0
Jeudy - 2 
Lamb - 9
Ruggs - 0
Thomas - 3
Wills - 5
Wirfs - 1
other - 0

PICK #11 FROM THIS GROUP - YOUR TOP CHOICE  

20 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED

1. 1. No trade back. Pick one. (listed alphabetically)

• Team Becton

• Team Jeudy

• Team Lamb

• Team Ruggs

• Team Thomas

• Team Wills

• Team Wirfs

• other

• Poll closes on 04/23/2020 at 08:05 PM

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Maybe Wirfs becomes a great Guard but he’s not being called a Guard he’s being labeled the best LT in this draft class

No he’s not. I think the major allure is that he’s a beast at RT, probably a capable LT, and can be absolutely dominant on the interior. Positional versatility is playing a factor in his draft status. 

Glad to see that the overwhelming consensus is on Thomas... Even though the media has been all over Wirfs and Beckton since the combine started, the smart guys who watched the games know that Thomas is the best Tackle in the draft and the only pure LT out of the top four guys being discussed...

Don't worry so much about how he looks without a shirt.  Some of the best OL players look like Santa Claus 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Glad to see that the overwhelming consensus is on Thomas... Even though the media has been all over Wirfs and Beckton since the combine started, the smart guys who watched the games know that Thomas is the best Tackle in the draft and the only pure LT out of the top four guys being discussed...

Don't worry so much about how he looks without a shirt.  Some of the best OL players look like Santa Claus 

I love Thomas.  And he is going to be a LT in the NFL.  I would be happy if he is the tackle chosen.  So would we start him at RT for the first year? Because Fant starts at LT this season I thought.  He was terrible at RT for the Seahawks and the $10 million this season is for LT, IIRC.  Seahawks brought Shell in to fight for RT spot, instead of using Fant there.  So do we really want Fant at RT this year? They can let him go after this season with a manageable cap hit, but I don't think Douglas is giving him $10 Mill for 2020 to move to a position that he doesn't play well or to sit. Seattle has a bad OL and they had no use for him it seems.  

If we draft T at 11, then don't we start him from day 1?  You can bet your Gotham Green cheeks that any WR we draft at 11 will certainly start on day 1.

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Maybe Wirfs becomes a great Guard but he’s not being called a Guard he’s being labeled the best LT in this draft class

The parrots might be calling him a LT or the best LT in the draft, but the experienced GM's and coaches know that Thomas is the only pure LT in the draft and by far the safest pick.

If you start Thomas at LT, you'll get a capable player from day one.  If you start Wills or Wirfs at LT, you will have growing pains.  If you start Beckton at LT, you may wind up with a crippled QB...

Wills and Wirfs should start at RT... Beckton is VERY impressive physically and shows great zeal and speed to get out to the second and even third level of the defense and block for runners, but he will be in trouble vs. slick professional edge rushers until he has time to work on his blocking technique.  With a player like Beckton, you don't start him.  You put him in at RT on running downs at first to get him some time in the game and get value out of the pick.  Once he locks up on a defender, he can push them into the upper deck.  Since he has all the physical tools, he is a guy that can be trained to play at RT as a started on all three downs, but he has to be worked into it slowly... How slowly is up to the way he learns and responds.

So...

1. Thomas:  A true franchise LT that can start from day one and give you more than a decade of excellent service.   Plug and play.

2. Wills and Wirfs.  Guys that would be able to start on the right side and should probably stay on the right side.

3. Beckton. A player that could get your QB killed if you start him, but could also be a one of a kind RT the likes the league has never seen *IF* he is worked in slowly and handled correctly.  Only in the game on sure running downs at first and on the right side only.  In three years, you may have a RT that cant be stopped by a bulldozer... 

59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I love Thomas.  And he is going to be a LT in the NFL.  I would be happy if he is the tackle chosen.  So would we start him at RT for the first year? Because Fant starts at LT this season I thought.  He was terrible at RT for the Seahawks and the $10 million this season is for LT, IIRC.  Seahawks brought Shell in to fight for RT spot, instead of using Fant there.  So do we really want Fant at RT this year? They can let him go after this season with a manageable cap hit, but I don't think Douglas is giving him $10 Mill for 2020 to move to a position that he doesn't play well or to sit. Seattle has a bad OL and they had no use for him it seems.  

If we draft T at 11, then don't we start him from day 1?  You can bet your Gotham Green cheeks that any WR we draft at 11 will certainly start on day 1.

If the Jets are lucky enough to get Thomas, he may just start at LT from day one.  The player that gets plugged in at RT will probably depend on how things go in camo and the pre-season,  Adding two new starters to the line changes things for everyone in the unit.  The coaches have to see how it gels and who looks good where.  It could be Fant at RT regardless of what he did at that spot prior. Though, sadly... I think we are all right about how we value Thomas.  The teams and media has been whisper quite about him, but I bet there are at least 3 GMs who pick before the Jets that need a LT and see things clearly.  If our guess  is correct, Tomas will be gone by 11...

And yes... I agree... If the Jets to WR, Jeudy or Lamb would be a sure fire starter...

That may very well be the way the Jets go, and it would be OK with me... 

In that case, Fant starts at LT, they draft for OL with the second pick and figure out who goes where on the line in camp...

Either way, their pick at 11 will be a big help.  OL or WR... Jets need 'em both badly...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Rounds:

1- Thomas (sign Peters as well)

2- WR

3a - Pass Rusher

3b- RB

4- OL

5th Round - UDFA - Crapshoot 

Note: I hope that we do not trade for Mr. "Red Flag" Trent Williams.  ugh 

Not bad but here is where the depth at wr really comes in.  There will be 2 and 3rd talent in the 5th and possibly 6 rounds and even talented sleepers that may go undrafted.   We need to take one of those developmental receivers in the 5th.   Maybe a Joe Reed or Quez Watkins (if he falls that far) or someone like that.