Betty's Random Thoughts

As we approach the draft (finally!) I predict the following odd items;

• Bellichick will draft a razorback.  Over the last 9 years BB drafted 6 hogs, which is a lot from a mid-tier program.  Keep an eye on McTelvin Agim.
  • Ozzie had a penchant for Alabama (his alma mater) players.  Will Douglas follow that trend? Wills?  Jeudy?  Ruggs?  Terrell Lewis?  T. Diggs?    At least one will be a Jet.
  • There will be at least one technology delay during the first round.  Will some team hack another team???
  • At least 5 first round picks will NOT be wearing masks.
  • There will not be many trades during the first round due to difficulty with the virtual draft.  There will be an unusually large number of trades on Friday prior to or during the start of round 2.
  • Upvote 2

Here’s some of my own specifically for the draft..

- Tua goes #2 to Redskins

- Chase Young goes #3 to Lions after sliding a spot. The Lions want to trade out but can’t pass on Young.

- Giants get the first grab at OT

- both top rated corners Henderson & Odukah slide a bit.

- 1 WR gets chosen in the top 10 and the rest fly off the board right afterwards despite the high volume of quality prospects

- Jamal Adams doesn’t get traded

- unusual amount of trade ups between picks 8-15 for premium positions.

- Justin Jefferson goes at the mid to late first round area.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

• Bellichick will draft a razorback.  Over the last 9 years BB drafted 6 hogs, which is a lot from a mid-tier program.  Keep an eye on McTelvin Agim.
  • Ozzie had a penchant for Alabama (his alma mater) players.  Will Douglas follow that trend? Wills?  Jeudy?  Ruggs?  Terrell Lewis?  T. Diggs?    At least one will be a Jet.
  • There will be at least one technology delay during the first round.  Will some team hack another team???
  • There will not be many trades during the first round due to difficulty with the virtual draft.  There will be an unusually large number of trades on Friday prior to or during the start of round 2.

3 minutes ago, pajet said:

hmmm....I wonder who might try something like that

mr burns GIF

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

- Lewis has injury red flags now apparently. Would be great value if he fell down to the 4th.

- There’s only 1 team that would dare hack this draft, New England. I hope they try and hack us and Joe Douglas has some hacker tracker that sends out the attempted breach live on tv/internet, a la purple ring when someone pees in a pool.

- I think there will be MORE trades this year. It’s all on the GM. Yes, they have their meetings ahead of time, strategy, etc. but without people in your ear, and you’re just negotiating with 1 person...the chances of a deal getting done are much higher. 

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

- Lewis has injury red flags now apparently. Would be great value if he fell down to the 4th.

- There’s only 1 team that would dare hack this draft, New England. I hope they try and hack us and Joe Douglas has some hacker tracker that sends out the attempted breach live on tv/internet, a la purple ring when someone pees in a pool.

- I think there will be MORE trades this year. It’s all on the GM. Yes, they have their meetings ahead of time, strategy, etc. but without people in your ear, and you’re just negotiating with 1 person...the chances of a deal getting done are much higher. 

You may be right.  For some reason I think there will be technical difficulties throughout.  It should be interesting.

Just now, BettyBoop said:

You may be right.  For some reason I think there will be technical difficulties throughout.  It should be interesting.

If it's anything like video conferences at my company:

-it will start 8 minutes late

-there will be at least one neighbor's lawnmower/leaf blower heard

-2 kids

-3 cats

-one guy who forgets his camera is on picking his nose

-a fart or two

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

If it's anything like video conferences at my company:

-it will start 8 minutes late

-there will be at least one neighbor's lawnmower/leaf blower heard

-2 kids

-3 cats

-one guy who forgets his camera is on picking his nose

-a fart or two

Can you name names please?!  Boston baked beans???  

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

At least 5 first round picks will NOT be wearing masks.

Uh, I thought this was a virtual draft, and all the draftees will be in their homes? Did some rule come out now that not only can't we leave our homes, but now we have to wear masks at home???

14 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Thanks PTWTG.  At this point anything is better than the bullcrap bloviating "should we trade Jamal" nonsense.

With less than a day and a half before the draft, I think we should start a pool to guess how many more "trade Jamal" threads will be started before the draft...

• Sympathy 1