Douglas Interview (ESPN Radio)

KRL

28 minutes ago, TNJet said:

JD >>>>Macc>>>>>Idzik>>>>>Tannenbum

Tannenbaum>>>>Macc>>>>Idzik

Tannenbaum was a part of more than a few playoff games and playoff wins.

Only thing Macc gets is credit for drafting Sam.  Nothing more in 5 years

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Tannenbaum>>>>Macc>>>>Idzik

Tannenbaum was a part of more than a few playoff games and playoff wins.

Only thing Macc gets is credit for drafting Sam.  Nothing more in 5 years

Macc drafted Adams...someone you defend valiantly lol

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whoa nelly.

We hope JD is >>>>>> Tannenbaum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Idzik>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mac

Idzik was much better than mac and that is saying something.

Yeah you're right. I was really stating that I have a feeling JD will be better than all 3 put together.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Couple of key points:

He said the draft is deep at WR, DT ?, CB, and OT. He said he factors in how deep a class is when drafting.

He is bringing back the play like a Jet motto. Wants guys that love football.

Most important comment. The team has a sense of urgency to build around Sam. And Jamal is likely going no where. 

So Edge at 11, got it. 

46 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Sounds like he’d definitely prefer to go tackle in the first round

I got that sense as well. He said there are many deep positions in the draft this year, including DT, but you got the sense that he feels WR is extremely deep and he can get those guys later. I agree with you, he wants to get an OT early because I think they dry up after Round 2 or 3.

• Upvote 1

just tuned into the 17 draft on espn right now.
KC just picked mahomes.
showing early brett favre comps to add insult to injury
handy reminder in case anyone still wants to take mac out of the basement in this little ranking.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Macc drafted Adams...someone you defend valiantly lol

And Tanny went to the playoffs 6 years. 1 more with Parcells.  Three were 3 AFCCGs.

I dont defend Adams valiantly, I argue against some of the nonsense valiantly 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I got that sense as well. He said there are many deep positions in the draft this year, including DT, but you got the sense that he feels WR is extremely deep and he can get those guys later. I agree with you, he wants to get an OT early because I think they dry up after Round 2 or 3.

Which probably means hes going WR

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Never know how honest these guys are especially a couple of days before the draft, but they asked a fan question that was something along the lines of “everyone’s talking about the tackles at 11, what do you think of the receivers?” The response was basically it all comes down to how many players you have rated as a starter at one position vs another and if you can get someone at both positions with minimal drop off. To me that seems clear he’s referring to taking a tackle and hopefully grabbing a similarly rated receiver later on.

My favorite story/response of this interview was when he said one of his biggest really struggles as a scout was that he overvalued the traits he didn't have as a player.  I thought it was interesting he would share a real answer like that, and also was interesting as I could definitely see how that would be difficult for ex players 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Lol. You’re probably right. Although he likely knows people will assume he’s lying. So maybe he decided to tell the truth in which case Becton is the pick. 

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Douglas is a Sicilian name, right?

• Post of the Week 1

Well we got some answers today. He raved about Jamal all but killing trade rumors but the media and the fans still gonna run with the narrative that JD is trying to get rid of him. This is not Mike Maccagnan or John Idzik. He has people in the scouting department who actually know what they're doing and not falling in love with combine warriors. I love the guy and can't wait for the Draft. 

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Well we got some answers today. He raved about Jamal all but killing trade rumors but the media and the fans still gonna run with the narrative that JD is trying to get rid of him. This is not Mike Maccagnan or John Idzik. He has people in the scouting department who actually know what they're doing and not falling in love with combine warriors. I love the guy and can't wait for the Draft. 

Nah. he says those things regardless of his actual plan. To be honest when you combine his statements about Jamal, with Dallas unnecessary declaration that they won't trade 7 for a veteran player it could all be smoke to negotiate a better deal on each side. I dont think he gets traded though

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Nah. he says those things regardless of his actual plan. To be honest when you combine his statements about Jamal, with Dallas unnecessary declaration that they won't trade 7 for a veteran player it could all be smoke to negotiate a better deal on each side. I dont think he gets traded though

Or it could be media and fans trying to get a story to stick with no facts behind it. JD has been pretty up front about his plan for the team. I have no idea where this actively shopping Jamal story comes from? I guess people are just attached to the drama, this is why players don't come here tho stop trying to find a story where there is none. Unless given an insane offer Jamal isn't going on anywhere. It's really not more complicated then that.

• Upvote 1