Under The Radar Edges

KRL

Taylor is my favorite of the day 3 guys. i think he has the   Size, Bend and athleticism to be a very good Pass rusher  with the right coaching . 

I like Highsmith and Zuniga after that .  I also like Johnathon Garvin from Miami 

All boom or bust types . But I don’t mind taking the risk on day 3..

• Upvote 2

Couple others I’d add are Trevis Gipson from Tulsa and Derrek Tuszka from North Dakota State. Casey Toohill from Stanford tested as the best edge athlete at the combine. Lots of interesting guys in the late day 2 early day 3 range.

Lots of possible R3/R4 guys too. Few in the OP, Uche, the ND guys, Weaver, I’m sure more I’m missing.

Edge is my second favorite position for the Jets to double dip in this draft besides WR. Depth and talent are both needed and I think even two day three guys would be worthwhile.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, derp said:

Couple others I’d add are Trevis Gipson from Tulsa and Derrek Tuszka from North Dakota State. Casey Toohill from Stanford tested as the best edge athlete at the combine. Lots of interesting guys in the late day 2 early day 3 range.

Lots of possible R3/R4 guys too. Few in the OP, Uche, the ND guys, Weaver, I’m sure more I’m missing.

Edge is my second favorite position for the Jets to double dip in this draft besides WR. Depth and talent are both needed and I think even two day three guys would be worthwhile.

Been reading about Tuszka based on Tony P's info that Jets may be interested. Would love to see us grab him in the 6th

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/derrek-tuszka?id=32195455-5341-5291-bd94-f042de383126

4 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

Tony Pauline reports the Jets are very  interested in Zuniga.

The Jets have also shown some recent interest in James Smith-Williams

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/james-smith-williams?id=3219534d-4984-1542-2bc0-161ee81572aa

Good player but with a long history of injury.  Probably a 3rd day or priority free agent type, but has the talent.  Would be a Blessaun Austin type of situation.

"to wear the team's No. 1 jersey in 2019 for this work ethic, character, leadership and accomplishments."

It may be too much to ask but I want Baun or Weaver.

They aren't under the radar but if one of them was to drop to pick 68 I would take them no questions asked. Weaver was projected as a mid 2nd early third and Baun a late 1st early second but then Baun had the whole tainted sample fiasco. If there is a trade down scenario that nets the Jets an extra 2nd rounder maybe they take Baun in Rd. 2. OLB with excellent pass rush skills. 

Otherwise, I like Alton Robinson, Anae and have recently come to getting more interested in the possibility of drafting Huff. 

On 4/22/2020 at 7:50 AM, KRL said:

Great info/timing with the Zuniga pick.

• Upvote 1