Take a flyer on this guy?

docdhc

Percy Harvin says 'itch came back' to play football again

play

Percy Harvin ready to return to the NFL (0:27)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
8:28 AM ET
  • ESPN 

Former NFL wide receiver Percy Harvin told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants to return to football.

Harvin, who has not played since the 2016 season and battled numerous injuries throughout his career, told Anderson that he is "ready to return to the NFL."

ADVERTISEMENT

"I thought I was done, but that itch came back," Harvin told Anderson on Tuesday.

Harvin, who turns 32 next month, retired for a second time in March 2017 after playing in two games the previous season with the Buffalo Bills. His agent told ESPN at the time that Harvin was "done" playing.

But Harvin told Anderson on Tuesday that he has been training with a former Olympian, weighs 185 pounds and is ready to join "any offense that'll just let me go."

"My body is feeling good," Harvin told Anderson. "Mentally I'm better. My family is good. The timing is right."

Harvin's playing time was limited in 2016 because of migraine headaches, an issue he dealt with throughout his career. But he said he never officially filed for retirement.

"I knew I wasn't functioning right, not only physically, just all around the board," he told Anderson. "I had to get in contact with myself."

A first-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in 2009, Harvin was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. In 2013, the Vikings traded him to the Seattle Seahawks, whom he helped win Super Bowl XLVIIIagainst the Denver Broncos with an 87-yard kickoff-return touchdown.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This guy?

usa-today-8194417.0.jpg

I read that he wants to play for the Bucs. 

Wow.  Vick to Harvin happened on the New York Jets.  lol  And Chris Johnson.  3 of the most explosive players I've ever seen and I totally forgot they were all on the same team.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wow.  Vick to Harvin happened on the New York Jets.  lol  And Chris Johnson.  3 of the most explosive players I've ever seen and I totally forgot they were all on the same team.

Only trouble is they about as explosive as pop guns by the time they got to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JFC - Josh Gordon? When will people ever learn about this guy? He's a LOSER. BIG LOSER. He's a waste of talent who cares more about drugs than football and we don't want him on the Jets.

Again if we’re gonna throw money away at a WR which I’m not saying we should do, I’d sign Gordon before Harvin

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Can't believe that was 6 years ago already.  Geno/Vick, Johnson/Ivory, Amaro...   What a world...

Any of these FA WR options would be better choices than Harvin:

• Marqise Lee
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Josh Gordon
  • Paul Richardson
  • Rashard Higgins
  • Taylor Gabriel
  • Justin Hardy
  • Chester Rogers
  • Jarius Wright
  • Tavon Austin
  • Ryan Grant